Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NintendoAge Hall of Shame -deadbeat sellers, bad customer service, general negative deals

LOCKED TOPIC

May 6, 2011 at 3:58:16 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
I do agree with everyone that it is absolute bullshit - nothing is being swept under the rug.

This is a nice public forum for us to voice our opinions - especially with just cause - please, if possible keep the tone postive. no need to lock anything, just letting us know without venting is sufficent for people to make their own decisions.

If everyone chimes in and says "that's bullshit, i'm not dealing with him" fine... but with any common sense people can not deal with him and his company and not get defensive and outwardly aggressive in a forum post.

Trust me, i've learned.

-------------------------
eBay listings here

May 6, 2011 at 3:59:30 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: steviecast123

Hey pedro, I was looking at your EXTENSIVE ebay block list and was wondering if you have a story for each person (this might be somewhere in the thread, I'm lazy, haha!)?

quoted from 2009 for irony.

eBay listings here

May 6, 2011 at 4:18:40 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I called eBay today and got the negative feedback removed without too much effort. I appreciate everyone backing me up on this issue. I hope we can all move on and not fret over this forever but we SHOULD remember what happened. Oh, and if anyone wins one of my eBay auctions, the shipping will be $40 for anything, even single carts, I don't want to deal with a situation like this again. Thanks guys!

May 6, 2011 at 6:44:05 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
^best way not to deal with a situation like this is use the shipping calculator on large things like lots like you had. You can over estimate on the calculator and it would be fine. Or just buy a scale, that's what I did.

eBay listings here

May 6, 2011 at 7:38:20 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yep I agree with Joshypoo. I ALWAYS use the calculatar and add about 10 ounces to a pound to anything I ship. I always refund shipping overages if they are more than $1. Lately I even refunded some as small as $.50 just to keep up good relations. So much easier to just do that on everything than deal with stuff like this.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 6, 2011 at 7:45:50 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I have learned from this and I will be sure to get exact dimensions and weight and use the shipping calculator on any large lots I sell in the future.

May 6, 2011 at 8:03:02 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Well nice to see this thing is alive, hope something gets done in the meaning of the ban hammer and this public warning stays out there. I'm looking through pedro (cheapgames!) feedback for others and I still see the negative feedback left on laserman's account so ebay needs to get on that.

Sorry I got to edit this.  My original post was wrong, I pm'd laserman about it.  The thing I'm seeing on his account for around 3am or so PST appeared to be him.  Instead it's another person he's using a virtual copy and paste 'deadbeat shipper' comment on over an icy blue n64 lot for like $67.  Looks like he makes it a habit potentially of screwing people on the back end.  You know, if even one of those succeeded, that's fraud, and if he turns around and sells it, then you're trafficking in stolen merchandise.

Edited: 05/06/2011 at 08:54 PM by Tanooki

May 6, 2011 at 9:04:49 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Wow, the original HOS back from the dead!

I know it was a lot of work, but I really miss running the Hall of Shame. It turned into a lot of bickering, but it was nice to out shitty buyers/sellers and help protect the community.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 6, 2011 at 9:31:38 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
It's always been my favorite topic, I hope it stays alive

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

May 6, 2011 at 9:38:28 PM
Dinoellis (58)
(Dino Ellis) < Lolo Lord >
California
Yay it's back! I haven't been this excited since Teenie Beanies were bought back to McDonalds that fateful summer.

May 6, 2011 at 9:44:17 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Dinoellis

Yay it's back! I haven't been this excited since Teenie Beanies were bought back to McDonalds that fateful summer.

hahahahahahaha damn i feel stupid for buying some of those. i was really young so i guess i can forgive myself haha.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 6, 2011 at 9:48:23 PM
mcetak8 (100)
(-- Kate --) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Yep I agree with Joshypoo. I ALWAYS use the calculatar and add about 10 ounces to a pound to anything I ship. I always refund shipping overages if they are more than $1. Lately I even refunded some as small as $.50 just to keep up good relations. So much easier to just do that on everything than deal with stuff like this.

Or just make shipping on all items free.  Just figure in the cost of shipping to the BIN or starting bid price.  Not only do you never get complaints on shipping charges, you automatically get a 5-star rating in that category.

May 6, 2011 at 10:35:28 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: jonebone

Also, check out "Feedback left for others" on Cheapgames!  I'll try to link it but for some reason these links don't usually work:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2...

He habitually leaves negatives to sellers and obviously uses a separate buying account so you don't see this on his selling name.  Total worthless POS.

It's usually easier to just use toolhaus:

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

May 6, 2011 at 10:55:49 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Zing

It's usually easier to just use toolhaus:

Reading through that is beyond alarming.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but why does that account still exist? Why wouldnt eBay step in at some point when it's so blatantly obvious that he is giving negative feedback on purpose without merit. Just taking a quick read through all of those negs and the sellers responses makes it clear that the same problem is occurring regularly.

I know eBay protects buyers, but that is ridiculous.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

May 7, 2011 at 8:18:40 AM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Glad this is back. It seemed silly for a forum that allows buying, selling, and trading to not allow people to warn others about bad sellers.

While I'm at it, I want to complain about the_wiz_666. He disappeared from this site 2 months ago with my money without delivering. Paul is looking into this for me. Thanks Paul, I hope you can get it resolved.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

May 7, 2011 at 11:04:55 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
The HOS isn't really "back" this is just the original HOS thread that got bumped up because it evidently was never locked. Unless I am mistaken, it isn't being maintained.

May 7, 2011 at 2:40:42 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
What's the point of leaving unwarranted negative feedback? How would it benefit you? Maybe I'm just an ebay noob. I'm curious.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

May 7, 2011 at 3:36:27 PM
Bournano (9)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Captain Bournano) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Alderdragon

What's the point of leaving unwarranted negative feedback? How would it benefit you? Maybe I'm just an ebay noob. I'm curious.

It's not unwarranted. A well respected member was given the power to decide if transactions included suspicious activity, and if so they were added to the list. It's just to warn buyers/sellers of whom to be cautious when dealing with.

Edit: I wasn't around for the HoS really, but that's my take on it haha. I think it should be revived as well.

Edited: 05/07/2011 at 03:37 PM by Bournano

May 7, 2011 at 4:07:18 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I too enjoyed the HOS for just the purpose of helping out new members to the site. A general reference thread helped me out when I was getting to know all the sellers on the site.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

May 7, 2011 at 4:13:04 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Bournano

It's not unwarranted. A well respected member was given the power to decide if transactions included suspicious activity, and if so they were added to the list. It's just to warn buyers/sellers of whom to be cautious when dealing with.

Edit: I wasn't around for the HoS really, but that's my take on it haha. I think it should be revived as well.

He is not referring to the HOS, he is talking about on ebay. 

May 8, 2011 at 10:24:32 PM
Bournano (9)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Captain Bournano) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: B.A.

Originally posted by: Bournano

He is not referring to the HOS, he is talking about on ebay. 

Well shame on me...

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:03:29 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Received a Dragon Warrior 2 Cart in the mail, withought any kind of padding. Just a plain envelope. A small chip at the bottom of the cart--- but nothing big, I can live with it.

Contact the seller and ask for an apology and more care next time around, and I'll forgo the negative feedback. Well, their response, to my simple request was less than polite if you can imagine.

If it was a dirt cheap common, I wouldn't have even bothered, but DW2, isn't exactly in that category.

Mostly the guy is just a jerk, you don't want to deal with.

So anyway, avoid this dude if he lists any more higer priced carts for sale: travis8078

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:41:32 PM
gavmasterflash (47)
(dave g) < Ridley Wrangler >
Taiwan
I'm noticing this again after not seeing it for a loooonng time. I believe it should be stickied again.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:47:01 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: B.A.

The HOS isn't really "back" this is just the original HOS thread that got bumped up because it evidently was never locked. Unless I am mistaken, it isn't being maintained.

We are discussing a new HOS thread...this one is not going to be maintained and is in no way related to the HOS icon...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!