Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Full Quiet - A NEW Adventure Game for the NES by Retrotainment Games An enigmatic adventure through a mysterious open world of forgotten lore.

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:16:45 PM
IBtiM (11)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: NESHomebrew

Man, exchange rates+shipping suck. $96 for cart only  

Sorry, we only charge what we are charged for shipping.

Hope you understand and feel free to back the campaign at the digital level in order to get the game without the shipping hurdles.

Regardless, thanks for your interest and supporting us.

-------------------------
Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:18:11 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

Backer #1 checking in! Always down to support high quality homebrew games!
Boom!

thesubcon3 always there at the front of the line. Cya soon my friend.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:42:16 PM
tomkennes123 (0)

(tom kennes) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Whats the difference between backer edition and regular?

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:47:46 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Backed as well. This game looks right up my alley for game play!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:52:51 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Does it play like anything else? I'm not sure what kind of gameplay to expect based on the video and images provided.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:58:19 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Gloves

Does it play like anything else? I'm not sure what kind of gameplay to expect based on the video and images provided.
I may be way off, but it gives me a Silent Hill meets Metal Gear sort of vibe.

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:00:49 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Originally posted by: Gloves

I may be way off, but it gives me a Silent Hill meets Metal Gear sort of vibe.

I'm getting a Home (PS4/PC) vibe, personally.

But like, is it all exploration? Clearly you have a gun, so how much is action, if any, or is it like a purely self defense scare a monster then run away sort of thing?

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:41:50 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I hate to cross bump threads (cringe), but there is an interview about Full Quiet in the latest episode of the Assembly Line. Greg, one of the Retrotainment fellows, talks about quite a few interesting things  . Thanks again Greg!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:37:18 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
All of Pap's Ham radio buddies are accounted for, and the campaign is closing in on 15k!!! Congrats guys!!!  

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:54:11 PM
Final Theory (2)

(Final Theory) < Crack Trooper >
United States
That trailer is pretty good.

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:59:05 PM
Retrotainment Games (1)
(Greg ) < Tourian Tourist >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: tomkennes123

Any difference between kickstarter version and version sold afterwards? No stretchgoals? 😀

Stretch goals coming very soon! As for KS version differences, the main thing will be the label that states that it's a backer exclusive, first pressing of the game. Once all backers get their games then we'll release the regular versions to the public. Also, the swag bag stuff will only be available for KS backers, that stuff won't ever be available to the public. Laslty, all future releases or merch related to the game will be made available to KS backers first just like we did with the Famicom carts for '86.

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:03:52 PM
tomkennes123 (0)

Alabama
I really love the games you guys make! I have one little remark... is it possible to give the cartridgelabel the same corner radius as an original nes game? 😆

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:14:34 PM
Retrotainment Games (1)
Pennsylvania
Malachi Constant - "It looks amazing! I get a strong Firewatch vibe from the art and the setting. Has it been one of the inspirations?"

Actually I just saw this at PAX, had no idea it existed but it looks cool. I'm not sure what it's all about but it's definitely is not an inspiration due to us being unaware. 

As for what is inspiration I'm not really sure; we're not thinking so much about other games right now as much as we're just trying to see what we can do with this. We just want to make something a little strange and mysterious while being fun and thought provoking.

Edited: 09/08/2017 at 04:17 PM by Retrotainment Games

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:55:44 PM
Retrotainment Games (1)
Pennsylvania
Well once again I'm struggling to get this forum stuff right. Can I quote multiple people in the same reply?? I really need to get with the times..

Anyway, about the game and some questions on here...

It's very cool to see people speculate about game play and inspiration and such. I'm hesitant to give away too many details but I want to provide some info as best I can right now. This is more like what Mega Mario Man said about Silent Hill meets Metal Gear than Home (PS4/PC) but it seems very strange to compare to those masterpieces. This is not horror themed so much as a mystery adventure with some strange sh*t going on. The shooting will be more like GI Joe / Contra style for the NES but this will not just be a barrage of enemies coming at you. You'll have to figure out different tactics to kill enemies.. to lure them out of the shadows and understand what they are. Killing everything is likely not always the best strategy though, you may make a friend or two along the way... then again you may be eaten alive by hordes of snarks and grumkins  

Exploration will be a large part of the game but along the way you'll encounter some things that will require your close attention. There will be plenty of things to interact with.. shoot, run away, lure, talk to, gather, etc...

As for labels, we plan to revisit our production materials overall. Getting the label radius correct is definitely on the list of things to address.

We're very grateful for all the support thus far, especially with a lot of this being left to the imagination! Please feel free to toss out ideas and opinions, both good and bad. We want to know what the community thinks as we progress. We'll do our best to keep backers updated this time so you'll learn a little more as we go.

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:20:51 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Mystery Adventure and Survival Horror are close cousins.  

I'm super excited for this. Might be my most anticipated game of the year!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:32:27 PM
tomkennes123 (0)

Alabama
Maybe give some use to the zapper again? 🤔

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:37:04 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
One man's machine.

Three decades in the making.

Four buttons.

Supercharged with modern technology.

But why go through all the trouble?

Check out the Kickstarter for our new NES game now!

photo PDA-Animation-FB_zpsxhfdkfeo.gif  

Edited: 09/08/2017 at 09:50 PM by IBtiM

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:12:41 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
So I was hoping to find out a sweet easter egg with the morse code at the end of the KS video.  Turns out all I got was a spelling mistake :/

So do I win a prize?

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:35:16 AM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Backed! Looks awesome. Hope not too many more awesome homebrew KS's come out soon or I'll be maxed out LOL

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 09/11/2017 at 09:35 AM by GradualGames

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:14:30 PM
Retrotainment Games (1)
Pennsylvania

So I was hoping to find out a sweet easter egg with the morse code at the end of the KS video.  Turns out all I got was a spelling mistake :/

So do I win a prize?

One down, two more to go...

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:19:33 PM
Retrotainment Games (1)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: GradualGames

Backed! Looks awesome. Hope not too many more awesome homebrew KS's come out soon or I'll be maxed out LOL

Thanks, Derek!! The NES homebrew scene seems like it's not slowing down, something tells me there will be more.

It would be awesome if Kickstarter let you trade homebrews for other homebrews instead of requiring actual money to be pledged. I guess that defeats the point but still... 

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:36:55 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
The Goose will always trade homebrews, but for now you'll have to take my money!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:05:25 AM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Retrotainment Games

Originally posted by: GradualGames

Thanks, Derek!! The NES homebrew scene seems like it's not slowing down, something tells me there will be more.

It would be awesome if Kickstarter let you trade homebrews for other homebrews instead of requiring actual money to be pledged. I guess that defeats the point but still... 
Here's hoping it doesn't get TOO large. I like the cozy feeling of being part of a "tribe." Making a game just for PC or Android or what not, you'd be drowned out by about sixty trillion Fappy Bird clones.

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 09/12/2017 at 12:08 PM by GradualGames

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:21:25 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

So do I win a prize?

I wonder if the spelling mistake is part of the next secret   (If not, lol)

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:02:20 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Retrotainment Games

So do I win a prize?

One down, two more to go...

One to go...