NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Mario Bros NES CIB Sticker Seal on eBay

Aug 05 at 9:32:55 PM
klv123 (0)
(Biff Webster) < Little Mac >
Ohio
 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Ma... 0kAAOSw6XBdRkE0

I seen this post last night, it is currently at 9K.  It really is super clean, but the sticker seal is glossy correct?

Aug 05 at 10:04:35 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Looks glossy to me.

I wonder if someone can take a lesser valuable "non-sticker" "No code" Mario....get a PAL sticker and throw it on there instantly turning it into a 5-figure box. The box is the ONLY thing that seems to play ANY factor because that's a mismatch cart, and I'm about 50/50 that it's a mismatch manual too...I don't have the manuals documented all that well since its too hard to scan them all online.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Aug 05 at 10:18:52 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
I thought it was mis matched cart too....

Aug 05 at 10:21:59 PM
FooFghtrs33 (12)

(Joe Kaminski) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
Yea, its the second print of the game; glossy sticker seal box. With a mismatch game. The manuals I believe go :
1st print : no 1985 year stamp on inside first page, round SOQ. Only released inside the matte sticker boxes.
2nd print: round SOQ with 1985 year inside first page, this I believe is for the glossy sticker seal all the way until they changed it to an oval seal. Id be interested in more details here as well if others have them ,but this I what I have found.

Another thought, you think this will get paid? Seems already too high , and 5 days left. The heritage auctions with WATA CIB graded 7 went for half this.

Aug 05 at 10:56:43 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
I have a bunch of those sticker seal Black box games, are those worth a ton of money or something these days?

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Aug 05 at 11:00:00 PM
VelvetElf (2)
< Tourian Tourist >
Illinois
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Looks glossy to me.

I wonder if someone can take a lesser valuable "non-sticker" "No code" Mario....get a PAL sticker and throw it on there instantly turning it into a 5-figure box. The box is the ONLY thing that seems to play ANY factor because that's a mismatch cart, and I'm about 50/50 that it's a mismatch manual too...I don't have the manuals documented all that well since its too hard to scan them all online.

This has always concerned me....feels too easy to grab the right box, and pull a sticker seal from a PAL game.  Fact the cart is mismatched on such a clean box is concerning....

great info on the manual btw - foofighter

ISO NES sealed games.  Current targets = Tyson 

Aug 05 at 11:01:09 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: DreamTR

I have a bunch of those sticker seal Black box games, are those worth a ton of money or something these days?

You new here!!? Games ain’t collectors items anymore. This community is for sooper serious sticker collectors now.

In all seriousness, Mario + Sticker = SE money these days.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Aug 06 at 12:06:28 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee

You new here!!? Games ain’t collectors items anymore. This community is for sooper serious sticker collectors now.

Ok but it is limited to just Super Mario though not the other games?

Aug 06 at 12:32:37 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Well I just posted mine. Offers are welcome. Obviously I will take a lot less. LOL

Aug 06 at 1:08:28 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
I am wondering if I should post mine, or will this thing continue to spiral into the stratosphere?

Aug 06 at 1:42:34 AM
snk2d4ever (70)
(Chris M) < Crack Trooper >
Indiana
I feel the same way.

Aug 06 at 6:52:30 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Sticker seal is reaching full velocity now. Earliest print games have always been sought after but now they are going to really define the hobby by achieving some high value established by real data points.

Aug 06 at 8:26:42 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

From my observations, at the moment it seems to be all sticker seal black boxes, First print Mario 3 (left Bros), first print Zelda (TM after NES logo), first print Mike Tyson’s (white dots), First print Mega Man 1 (Dr. Wright typo on the back of the box), and first print Sonic the Hedgehog (or really any non-Not For Resale version) ... Basically anything that's AAA, early revision, but easy to spot with a newly trained eye. I think you can throw certain Halo variants in there but I know nothing about Xbox.

Aug 06 at 10:08:30 AM
ginoscope (20)
(Gino R.) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Man even a regular Super Mario Bros box has shot up in value. I been meaning to pick one up to complete my control deck box so now I am kind of kicking myself for not getting one for $50 cib last year. Then again it would just be in my control deck box and no one could see it ha ha ha.

Aug 06 at 12:41:05 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

From my observations, at the moment it seems to be all sticker seal black boxes, First print Mario 3 (left Bros), first print Zelda (TM after NES logo), first print Mike Tyson’s (white dots), First print Mega Man 1 (Dr. Wright typo on the back of the box), and first print Sonic the Hedgehog (or really any non-Not For Resale version) ... Basically anything that's AAA, early revision, but easy to spot with a newly trained eye. I think you can throw certain Halo variants in there but I know nothing about Xbox.

Hangtab Castlevania has sold for ~$1k at least twice, so that's on fire too. I'm convinced Halo NFR is getting hyped because the Heritage Auctions description made it sound rarer and more exclusive than it is. There's a pre-launch T-rated Halo that's much harder to find and you could better argue is the real first print.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 06 at 2:27:27 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Well I just posted mine. Offers are welcome. Obviously I will take a lot less. LOL

So did it like....sell that fast? What kind of offer did you take?

Aug 06 at 4:20:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
At least have the decency to pm him in private like the rest of us   I doubt he has finalized shipping and payment yet.. he’s unlikely to want to publicly prejudice a future sale if this one falls thru.    Why comment until 100% done , right?  

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/06/2019 at 04:26 PM by Bronty

Aug 06 at 6:24:22 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
My sale went through. The buyer can reveal the price and himself publicly if he likes.

Aug 06 at 9:45:54 PM
Chuckbiii (2)

< Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Hangtab Castlevania has sold for ~$1k at least twice, so that's on fire too. I'm convinced Halo NFR is getting hyped because the Heritage Auctions description made it sound rarer and more exclusive than it is. There's a pre-launch T-rated Halo that's much harder to find and you could better argue is the real first print.

Heritage straight up was wrong about the NFR Halo rarity.  In my former collecting life, I have had I believe 4 sealed copies of this pass through my hands alone.  I have seen tons of CIB also.  Is it rare? Yes.  THAT rare.  No.

As for the teen rated print.  I am 99% sure that was box only as a promo before halo was even released.  Never came with a disc and manual, so not really considered a printing of the game.  Still rare to find.  I used to have a mint copy of that too.  Had to sell my collection way too soon ☹️.

Aug 06 at 9:55:24 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Chuckbiii

Originally posted by: DefaultGen

You new here!!? Games ain't collectors items anymore. This community is for sooper serious sticker collectors now.

From my observations, at the moment it seems to be all sticker seal black boxes, First print Mario 3 (left Bros), first print Zelda (TM after NES logo), first print Mike Tyson's (white dots), First print Mega Man 1 (Dr. Wright typo on the back of the box), and first print Sonic the Hedgehog (or really any non-Not For Resale version) ... Basically anything that's AAA, early revision, but easy to spot with a newly trained eye. I think you can throw certain Halo variants in there but I know nothing about Xbox.

Heritage straight up was wrong about the NFR Halo rarity.  In my former collecting life, I have had I believe 4 sealed copies of this pass through my hands alone.  I have seen tons of CIB also.  Is it rare? Yes.  THAT rare.  No.

As for the teen rated print.  I am 99% sure that was box only as a promo before halo was even released.  Never came with a disc and manual, so not really considered a printing of the game.  Still rare to find.  I used to have a mint copy of that too.  Had to sell my collection way too soon ☹️.

It's weird though, I remember the NFR being a big deal back in like 2014ish? Or at least a collector's item for sure and a key Xbox title to look for. I always had to remember which NFR it was that I needed, and that the warthog has to come from the left on the disc haha.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 06 at 11:52:12 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Insert people who want my other black box sticker games trying to tell me they don't know the market and it's going to "bust." ROFL. I've never had so many people message me before about even my NWCs when I sold them. I can't find any data on these sticker games sold

Aug 07 at 2:17:33 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Who woulda think that the most common game would become one of the most valuable ones

Aug 07 at 1:40:34 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
I have 5 sticker seal games, plan on listing the super mario bros soon.

Aug 07 at 1:54:31 PM
unish25 (0)
(Shinu Chacko) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
I guess it's all about the market

Aug 07 at 3:24:46 PM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: klv123

I have 5 sticker seal games, plan on listing the super mario bros soon.
Holy shit.  Your gonna make bank dude!  

Do it now before the bubble bursts.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Edited: 08/07/2019 at 03:25 PM by tbone3969