Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bought fake Stadium Events off of eBay Or: Let's find out how Buyer Protection works!

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:40:37 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

(Chris Kohler) < Meka Chicken >
California
Oh hi! So on Halloween night, I bought this a few minutes after it was posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....;

And this is what arrived in the mail the other day...

LOL. I mean, if you're going to sell a fake, at least sell a GOOD fake. This is just tragic. Oh well. Here's the communication with the seller thus far.

"I got your package today. Unfortunately, what was inside was not a copy of Stadium Events but a poorly-made fake. It is completely different than the photo shown in the auction, the label is clearly homemade. Since eBay encourages us to contact the seller before opening a dispute, I am going to reach out to you first. Please refund the full purchase price."

This morning...

"
I am sorry but the picture is of the game I had for sale it is stadium events I purchased it with many games from a customer it plays.fine and was tested it was fine I will .not refund anything I sold the game as I have many games. I am not sure what your trying to prove but it is a tested game a was shipped to you on.time If you would like to call us [phone number redacted] Jon"

And with that, I opened an eBay case this morning. Now, I have zero doubt in my mind that I will get a full refund, but I did just want to send up an alert about this seller (phenomajon) immediately.

Oh, and I made this helpful visual aid for eBay.

-------------------------

Edited: 11/06/2010 at 12:42 PM by Kobun Heat

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:47:13 PM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
What did you pay for it ?

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:49:57 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

California
$250, as shown in the auction. So a not-insignificant amount of money tied up in it as I wait for eBay to resolve the case.

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:54:24 PM
Dennis (70)
Netherlands
Sorry, overlooked. With such an obvious fake it shouldnt be any problem to get your money back .

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:59:59 PM
pswams26 (71)

(Paul S.) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
did you really think it would be a real copy for 250?

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:04:01 PM
nes junkie (16)
(micheal claar) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
hey any chance you wanna sell that fake ?

i buy SEALED 3d battles of worldrunner amy condition 

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:09:02 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

California
I knew that if it wasn't, I'd be fully protected.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:17:45 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: pswams26

did you really think it would be a real copy for 250?

Dumber things have happened, plus the picture was of a real one.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:19:42 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
You still need to neg this seller to forewarn others.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:25:06 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

California
Yeah, although I feel like I should wait until the eBay case is over before posting feedback.

Oh hey, look, a new message:

"The one picture we used was a Google only because we did.not have the other one ready I took our on.the. other games we sell this guy needs to respond to us we have sold 100s of game I think they wish to back out now when condition we will refund your payment however not until we can verify what your saying is true. I have responded to this customer with our phone number and I believe they are scamers I.have sold.tons of games and I have no.reason to believe this person. Item was tested working and in very good shape. This game sells every day for more then this and I don't know what there problem is. 1000 plus papal user and eBay power seller"

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:35:25 PM
Dennis (70)
Netherlands
What the.. I`m not from the US and have loads of grammar mistakes but at least try to type some decent text as a seller or in communication.

Edited: 11/06/2010 at 01:35 PM by Dennis

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:49:23 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
once you get your money back, neg it up. you gave them a chance.

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:50:26 PM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Unfortunately the picture used in the auction was from another ebay listing from 2008!

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:13:32 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

California
I escalated the matter to eBay customer service, which will supposedly get back to me in 48 hours. In the meantime, seller sends one (last?) (last-ditch?) message:

"As i have stated to you three times now untill you return our game in MINT condition the way we sent it to you we will not refund you. Once the game is retunred and safe We will gladly refund your payment However We will not be able to Refund the full monet due the the Shipping and handling. $240 we be refunded When and if the game is returned. I have suplied you with ALL the information you need. The game is Curently Up for sale localy to recoupe the loss yfrom this waste of time ebay sale. If the game does not arrive within 5 business days of 11/8/2010 wich is pleanty of time This will void the return and NO REFUND will be issued. This is to protect our CURRET buyer for this game. Ebay has been Notified. Thanks again [name and phone redacted]"

This message, by the way, was not sent as part of the case, he just contacted me again through the "send a question about this item" form. He actually can't contact me again, because the case has already been escalated and it's eBay that will make the final decision.

Edited: 11/06/2010 at 02:18 PM by Kobun Heat

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:22:42 PM
Outinthedark (24)
(Outin thedark) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I like how they are trying to give you a time line to return the game. Yeah right.

Also how can they say the S/H was $10 with the auction listed as Free?

My Tradelist: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:23:58 PM
Manifesto (42)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Ramon Zamora) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: Kobun Heat

I escalated the matter to eBay customer service, which will supposedly get back to me in 48 hours. In the meantime, seller sends one (last?) (last-ditch?) message:

"As i have stated to you three times now untill you return our game in MINT condition the way we sent it to you we will not refund you. Once the game is retunred and safe We will gladly refund your payment However We will not be able to Refund the full monet due the the Shipping and handling. $240 we be refunded When and if the game is returned. I have suplied you with ALL the information you need. The game is Curently Up for sale localy to recoupe the loss yfrom this waste of time ebay sale. If the game does not arrive within 5 business days of 11/8/2010 wich is pleanty of time This will void the return and NO REFUND will be issued. This is to protect our CURRET buyer for this game. Ebay has been Notified. Thanks again [name and phone redacted]"

This message, by the way, was not sent as part of the case, he just contacted me again through the "send a question about this item" form. He actually can't contact me again, because the case has already been escalated and it's eBay that will make the final decision.

I feel bad for that "other buyer". The thing that bothers me the most is that this guy is getting himself in trouble for selling a fake Stadium Events and now he is going to sell it at his store despite the fact it is fake.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:24:56 PM
Kobun Heat (54)

California
Originally posted by: Outinthedark

I like how they are trying to give you a time line to return the game. Yeah right.

Also how can they say the S/H was $10 with the auction listed as Free?

Oh yeah. It's just a whole bundle of ridiculous. You didn't even mention how he told me "three times" (once) that he would do a refund. This is hilarious.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:05:43 PM
SKULLDEATH9000 (161)
(Jay Z ) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Kobun Heat

$250, as shown in the auction. So a not-insignificant amount of money tied up in it as I wait for eBay to resolve the case.

You probably won't do this because you are like most people.  I would be on the phone with his local police department and having his ass locked up for mail fraud.  The hell with negative feedback I would press charges in a heart beat this is F-R-A-U-D!!! 

<--- Don't be a JIVE TURKEY!
Magfest 2016:  "Even kids are dying to play this game"
Magfest 2016:  "Slip em a 20" 

Campout 2011: "I hate TETRIS I would like to go back in time and punch that Soviet dude right in the FACE"
Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat - Chuck Yeager "I don't even know you." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Thread Owner of Enslaved's 5000th POST!

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:34:44 PM
technicalfoul (26)
(Dylan B-D) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I like how the seller keeps saying he will not give you a refund because it is in mint condition and was tested and working. I think he's too stupid to realize that fake is fake whether it works or not.

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:36:21 PM
Mr.SelfDestruct (2)
(Cody Cook) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
Thats' a bummer best of luck to ya dealing with ebay *shrugs* its evil. That and some sellers are stupid....

Nes 30 C.I.B./ 122 Carts                         Pac Man Cocktail Arcade Table                             

Snes 10  C.I.B. / 20 Carts                              

SFC 2 C.I.B.

N64 8  C.I.B./ 16 Carts

SMS 35

Genesis 24

Total games 267

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:40:48 PM
GammaRay (129)
(Aaron M) < Meka Chicken >
West Virginia

I think this guy had it listed as a repro, and then changed the listing.  Maybe this can help your cause?

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:05:31 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
I would tell ebay you dont want to send it back because you know he is just going to try scamming someone else with it.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:25:44 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
That is just the worst kind of eBay seller. What a complete douche. He definitely deserves a neg.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:31:24 PM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York
The worst part about this is that eBay is going to ask you to send the game back. It sucks to have to go through that kind of trouble for such a liar/douchebag. Make sure you neg him good after this, and let's all report him if any other fraudulent listings are spotted.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:34:14 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
when you leave feedback, just link this thread in the description!