Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Writers wanted: Volume 2 (2008) of the NintendoAGE e-Zine!

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:39:40 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Here's your chance to be published, acknowledged and immortalized in the next volume of the NintendoAGE e-Zine! As the site continues to grow, so does this chronicle of all aspects of the NES hobby.

But to become even greater, we need you! If you have an idea for a column, or even just a one-shot feature, we'd like to hear it! PM your proposal for an e-Zine article to dangevin by December 10th and you may be the next writer to have his or her work appear for all to see!

-your humble Editor-in-Chief, Dan!

-------------------------

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:00:42 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Stop thinking "Boy I would really like to do that" and do it, people! Now is the time!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:43:19 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
I have been racking my brain, trying to think of something I could contribute, and... nothing.

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:03:35 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
PM Dan then Ross, I am sure you could assign you a topic to do a little research on and write an article on. I always spend afew hours researching the stuff I write on.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Edited: 12/16/2007 at 12:07 PM by NationalGameDepot

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:06:25 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
done

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:22:24 AM
SONIKtheHEDGEHOG (119)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
I would love to help out.. If you could give me an assigned topic I would love to write for you guys... I use to be a staff writer at punkmusic.com under the name SONIK... I use to do Review, Interview, and News.. Let me know... Scott

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:10:04 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
I'll give it a shot as well. But i'm not sure what to write about at the moment so send me a few topics to work on.

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:20:23 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
I could do an article on cleaning games if you want one.  Let me know.

They call me big Papa ....

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:37:23 PM
adurso224 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Anthony Durso) < Cherub >
United States
Hi Guys:

I can do a article on the R.O.B. & with its accessories!

I can do game reviews as well on some NES, SNES, N64 games!

Plus a nice article of Gumpei Yokoi to. Please let me know.

Anthony....

Edited: 03/06/2008 at 09:41 PM by adurso224

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:45:17 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
A ROB article would be pretty neat.

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:45:28 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
(Gimmick, Mr.) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Count me in ! I already did an article on hellraiser, however in the future I'd love to have my own section. Mabye I could do another comic strip or cartoons, or make fake mail away advertizements in a section called Gimmick's Gimmick LOL

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:09:38 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I'd like to read what you have on Yokoi, should be interesting. I always like humor content too, Gimmick your mail-away ad idea reminds me of stuff in the old Mad Magazines. I'd like to see some of that as well!

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:36:53 AM
zeeko (0)
(Zeek Walters) < Meka Chicken >
Australia
I have an essay that I wrote for college 4 years ago about the advances of violence in videogames I could rewrite into an article (it's a little long winded at 25 pages). It also features an interview with Ralph H. Baer - which got me super special bonus points from my lecturer (even though I blatently flagged parts of this thesis as being false).

22:20   bunbot:     There's a bit of Zeeko in all of us.
22:24   bunbot:     God didn't create Zeeko, Zeeko created God
22:28   bunbot:     Human life begins at Zeeko

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:34:24 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I like to have interviews, but academic essays I feel would be a bit out of place in the Zine. How do you think it might integrate best into our magazine's style?

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:45:29 PM
Psycho Gorilla (0)
(Saiko Grilla) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
I'm intrigued. Check out my work at PlayTheNES or Psycho Gorilla Games and let me know what kind of published work you have in mind.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:03:37 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Super stuff. Would you like to include something already published as a sample of your site's work to raise awareness, or create something new and exclusive (of course we can still mention your site and include your logo)

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:34:30 PM
Psycho Gorilla (0)
(Saiko Grilla) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
I think I'll go with one of my existing features at some point. I'll be in touch.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:50:37 AM
zeeko (0)
(Zeek Walters) < Meka Chicken >
Australia
Originally posted by: dangevin

I like to have interviews, but academic essays I feel would be a bit out of place in the Zine. How do you think it might integrate best into our magazine's style?

It would be quite hard to make it readable to a general audience. I think it would be a complete rewrite. So, I'll see what i can do when I have some time of.

22:20   bunbot:     There's a bit of Zeeko in all of us.
22:24   bunbot:     God didn't create Zeeko, Zeeko created God
22:28   bunbot:     Human life begins at Zeeko

May 15, 2008 at 5:08:42 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
We're now accepting any and all articles. Please email them to [email protected] and if you have any questions about content, or need inspiration please PM me directly.

Images greatly appreciated, even if you steal them from Google Image Search. Please email your article in plain TXT format with images attached. If you must submit in Word or another MS readable format, please attach your images as additional files, don't embed them into the document.

Articles with some factual substance are greatly encouraged, all articles accepted. Factual substance includes but is not limited to: Market analysis, historical data and/or timelines, company profiles, interviews with notable NES contributors, and anything to do with NES commerce, both domestic and international.

Not all articles may be published in the next month's e-Zine, some will be reserved for future issues.

Edited: 05/15/2008 at 05:10 PM by dangevin

May 15, 2008 at 6:39:48 PM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Sounds good dan, expect something before the end of the weekend

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

May 15, 2008 at 6:42:44 PM
collectinisgame (40)
(troy wages) < Lolo Lord >
South Carolina
i can write about my pepsi trade

when is it due?

May 15, 2008 at 7:15:40 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
To be considered for the June issue, please have submissions in by the 25th at the latest. Thanks all!

May 15, 2008 at 8:14:38 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
To make "I don't know what to write" into a lame excuse, here are article suggestions that don't need much research other than playing:

Review less known games. Theres 800 games to choose from, and many people have no idea what tons of them play like. Include emulator screenshots, maps, comparisons to other well known games.

Compare NES versions of games to those on other systems. Show how they play different, have different sounds or graphics. Good ones would be games that are in arcades too like Galaga. As me if you need to know the technical limits of the NES.

Look at the changes in art styles by company. Can look at the changes in styles that Nintendo used, or other companies like the Tengen gold boxes.

Do reviews of games that were PAL only, Famicom only, pirates, plug and play systems, etc. Famicom library is far larger than NES so you can easily find games that use no text or english.

Possibly better for a forum posting, write about what your dream hardware or game would be. Obviously for some people it is Hellraiser, but what about something like a net connected NES or a smaller portable NES?

Write about what a special edition game should really include, other than just a number or a different color.

For people willing to do more research:

Do profiles of old companies, where they are now. Many big companies like Konami used smaller companies to actually write the games so find them. For the extra challenge, trace how many times Atari was split and sold.

Find original programmers. Some are still around. Stan's Ghoul School article was amazing. Bonus points if you get them to start programming again!

How to articles on NES modding, painting, portable systems, cleaning controllers, NES cart shelf design, etc. Do some drawings for a NES arcade, or a table with a built in Satellite, or a home theather for games.

Find out info about prototypes, who owns them, when they were found, who programmed them, where the programmers are now, who owns the copyright, etc. Much of this is already on some websites but spread out everywhere.

Look up legal info like the differences between copyright/patents/trademarks etc. Some expire, some don't, some you have to defend.

Compare shipping costs around the world, including customs. Is it really cheaper to mail priority Canada->USA or USA->Canada? When will the increases in crude oil have another bump in postage?