Nova Scotia
Auction Here

Wonder what the reserve is set for...

-------------------------

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:05:56 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
No way it's worth that much. Good luck to this knob.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:03:59 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
This seller's been leaking tons of rare stuff over the past two weeks with high BINs but he definitely "has the goods."

Dec 19, 2006 at 10:10:07 PM
Nintendonut1983 (26)
(Mark g) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
damn, insane BIN price. i would pay $350 Tops for one CIB. Glad i only paid $255 for mine hehe

NES Game Count: 151

WTB: Flintstones: Surprise at dino peak - cart only-

Dec 19, 2006 at 10:28:08 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I remember it going for <$100 a couple years ago, and I passed on it repeatedly. Some games just get more than they should...damn noobs

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:16:35 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
There's definitely a noob factor sometimes but all the rare games have gone up the last couple years.. shrugs. I passed on many $100-$150 cheetahmen back then too and they were even cheaper before that. Won't see another that cheap again.

By the way, that game you wanted (simpsons? muppets?) the buyer punked out on. You had said you might be interested, pm me if so. thanks.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:30:56 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Rising prices don't bother me...skyrocketing prices due to overpricing/overpaying does. I gotta start bankrolling for the rare shit now so I can get it before they get too damn expensive! I blame the Canadian dollar...I'll never be able to complete my collection until it's worth more than the US dollar

Dec 21, 2006 at 6:15:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Rising prices don't bother me...skyrocketing prices due to overpricing/overpaying does. I gotta start bankrolling for the rare shit now so I can get it before they get too damn expensive! I blame the Canadian dollar...I'll never be able to complete my collection until it's worth more than the US dollar [IMG][/IMG]

Yeah, its always good to go for the rare stuff first and the cheap stuff later if you ask me... because you know the cheap stuff won't go up while the expensive stuff will. It's a lot easier to fill in those commons later than it is too fill in the expensive ones once they go up. I could see stadium events etc etc doubling every five or six years or so.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/21/2006 at 06:27 PM by Bronty

Dec 22, 2006 at 8:33:41 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, I'm gonna have to save up a few hundred and snatch one ASAP. But I want it CIB and in good shape