HOLY CRAP! CL LISTING

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:58:09 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: GameGavel

Hey Man, 

He does have a boxed Vex, which I already have.  I am already getting his 3-D imager though.  So I will keep you first in line for any games and the system.

Very cool! I figured that would be a long shot.  Thanks! 

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:02:14 PM
ViceProjectDoom (70)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
United States
i'm sure i'll take flak for this, but i think that's a greedy move. There are lots of up and coming collectors who would have loved to jump on something like that. All the oldtimers/people with more money than sense have snatched up most of the really good stuff and horde it themselves. This would have been a great opportunity for a young collector to get a major score.

But hey - at least you get exposure for your website.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:13:23 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Sounds uber awesome!

-------------------------
Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:38:26 PM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other

Really cool! Do you know if he has any PAL stuff?

Originally posted by: ViceProjectDoom

i'm sure i'll take flak for this, but i think that's a greedy move. There are lots of up and coming collectors who would have loved to jump on something like that. All the oldtimers/people with more money than sense have snatched up most of the really good stuff and horde it themselves. This would have been a great opportunity for a young collector to get a major score.

It is true that young collectors could have gotten a shot to do a major score indeed as you say, but if this guy was selling his stuff really cheap, then i think it is a equally big chance that a big time collector would have bought it instead and kept much for himself/herself and sold the rest for profit. Or perhaps it would be even a bigger chance that a big time collector would buy it since i am under the impression that the bigtime collectors are those who are most active in collecting and trying to find good scores?

I also dont think that GameGavel mainly told this seller that his stuff could be worth much money mainly to get more exposure on his site. I actually think that GameGavel told him this mainly to help him out getting more money. Although i love to find great scores myself, the feeling of helping another guy to get more money for his/her stuff must be a good feeling, especially if a person has a huge collection

By the way, i am actually a bit surprised that a person who has this many games doesnt know how to check today's value of the games. Or maybe he knows how to do it, but he didnt seem to take the time to do it at least.

Edited: 07/21/2010 at 05:39 PM by jajaja

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:39:11 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States

yea, you will get flak for this. he couldve bought it all himself and sold it on his site for himself... think about what you are saying!!!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:44:18 PM
DHrox (15)
(Harrison L.) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland

My WANTED list:

SEGA Nomad

Famicom games
Typing of the Dead
PC games

Dreamcast light gun

NOTE: Don't go out of your way for our requests. We're just happy if our interests our mentioned. Thanks!

Check me out at @HLLivingLoco on Twitter or at GamersHavenNews.com under the same name!

Edited: 07/22/2010 at 07:55 AM by DHrox

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:49:41 PM
OzNEScollector (80)
(O z) < Kraid Killer >
Australia
Originally posted by: srh201

yea, you will get flak for this. he couldve bought it all himself and sold it on his site for himself... think about what you are saying!!!

exactly, i dont see how this is being greedy 

i love sorting through other peoples old video game stuff, have fun!

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:51:51 PM
GameGavel (5)
(Mike Kennedy) < Meka Chicken >
California

I only will get exposure for GG if I don't help all  of you get good deals on this stuff first, which I am offering.  It seems like no matter what I do for the good of the community someone has to give me shit   After two years of doing what I am doing just understand I  always do what I feel is best for the community and the collectors out there.  And I may be crazy but I still feel that having an alternative to Ebay is what we all want so I am doing whatever I can to make that happen and if this even helps with my cause there a little bit it will be worth it and all gamers everywhere will benefit from it.

And like I said, there will be some good deals come out of this for many people who want what he has.  I just hope that in the week that will pass something or someone else doesn't get there fingers in this and mess it up for all of us

So Cal Mike

http://www.GameGavel.com, Auctions For Gamers

Edited: 07/21/2010 at 05:54 PM by GameGavel

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:52:27 PM
Laurie (42)
(Levar Burtons' Magically Wonderful Deluxe Sundae Machine) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Seriously Mike, before you do anything with the guy, you HAVE to take some pictures of everything.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:53:55 PM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: Laurie

Seriously Mike, before you do anything with the guy, you HAVE to take some pictures of everything.

Oh, for sure.  I will have a video cam  in hand for this.  Are you kidding?

So Cal Mike

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:07:11 PM
8bitdreams (166)
(Antonio N.) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
lol, this is the OPPOSITE of greedy!! Everybody wins and I commend you for not snatching it all up yourself! Good luck with everything. I'm sure the karma alone will smoothly guide you through the rest of this year successfully. I can't wait to see all this stuff, please post links. Kudos!

My for sale thread:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My eBay store:  http://stores.ebay.com/inyour8bit...;

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:24:40 PM
divingninja (48)
(Kirkland Sweeney) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Nice! I am 88 carts away from a complete set after I bought that stadium events in the live auction from Matt. If I could get a package deal with all the ones I am missing in my NES collection section at a really good price from him I would love to do that if I could. Just out of curiosity, did he have any stadium events? And I bet he will probably sell them for less than $2202.

Oh, and did he collect variants or error carts? Like hard to find 5 screw etc?

I just love this type of uncovering of burried treasure type deal. One day someone needs to go dig up all the ET carts out there and sell them as a piece of history!

Know any NES cartridge variants that I don't have on this list?
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....
Let me know if you have confirmed any that I need to add! Thanks!

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:27:37 PM
Octopus (6)
(Tentacles or Gtfo) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Hopefully he has a few protos mixed in with all his games

tentacles or gtfo

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:31:04 PM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: divingninja

Nice! I am 88 carts away from a complete set after I bought that stadium events in the live auction from Matt. If I could get a package deal with all the ones I am missing in my NES collection section at a really good price from him I would love to do that if I could. Just out of curiosity, did he have any stadium events? And I bet he will probably sell them for less than $2202.

Oh, and did he collect variants or error carts? Like hard to find 5 screw etc?

I just love this type of uncovering of burried treasure type deal. One day someone needs to go dig up all the ET carts out there and sell them as a piece of history!

For some reason I bet he will have some SE's.  He did say he bought out lots of store stock back in the day so you never know   Unsure about variants, protos and what nots.  It would be sweet though.  We will find out next week!

So Cal Mike

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:42:54 PM
DHrox (15)
(Harrison L.) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: divingninja

One day someone needs to go dig up all the ET carts out there and sell them as a piece of history!

Evidently, they were covered in a layer of cement. Looks like no one will be walking home with any carts.

Check me out at @HLLivingLoco on Twitter or at GamersHavenNews.com under the same name!

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:44:27 PM
recspecz (1)
(Shawn Wilkinson) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I predict a deluge of uncommons and rares affecting the current market. Can't wait!

recspecz

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:53:36 PM
Gavica (4)
(Pepin Gavica) < Crack Trooper >
United States
I'm interested in segacd/saturn stuff let me know

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:02:44 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Mike, this is so awesome of you man. I totally agree with (almost) everyone here. Your lack of greed here shows some true character.

Oh, and BTW, if he has any CIB accessories for the NES, I'm your/his man!

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:08:19 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
nice find! In LA or NoCal?

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:18:14 PM
GameGavel (5)
California
Originally posted by: burdger

Mike, this is so awesome of you man. I totally agree with (almost) everyone here. Your lack of greed here shows some true character.

Oh, and BTW, if he has any CIB accessories for the NES, I'm your/his man!

I will be printing the threads and bringing them with me.  So will let you know if there are any boxed accessories, which I am sure there will be

So Cal Mike

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:30:53 PM
Kickle (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Some Guy) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Gemme a Rollin Rocker, just for the hell of it.

Most Recent NES pick-ups: Battleship, Cliffhanger, The Great Waldo Search, Kid Niki: Radical Ninja, The Krion Conquest (CIB), RoboCop, Xexyz

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:31:41 PM
technicaltoast (57)
(Nate ?) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
Awesome!
Here are some I am looking for, good ole' SNES stuff:
*Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel - Manual or CIB
Earthbound - CIB
Chrono Trigger - CIBM
Megaman 7, X2, X3 - CIB's
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - CIB
Super Turrican 2 - IB

Thanks, and good luck!

"Anxiety is the handmaden of creativity."
-Chuck Jones

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:32:08 PM
cremorecs (428)
(Phil Screen Games) < Ridley Wrangler >
New Jersey
Wow, this is awesome!
SocalMike you're one of the most solid fucking dudes around. You're in a bracket of like .01% of people who wouldn't have jumped on this and resold everything for profit. Don't worry about any flak you get for this cos I think it was a definite smart and fair move on your part. I for one will be waiting to see what turns up. I still need lots for my CIB/Sealed NES game set and that's what I will be after.
Good luck!

Kill Screen Games
https://www.facebook.com/killscre...

Sell me Hong Kong HK NES CIB's and Turbografx CD CIB Games - WTB Thread:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:33:46 PM
NES Nick (103)
(Nick Landrum) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Very cool. I think this is definitely a good way to handle this situation and hopefully the guy can get a nice chuck of change and put it to good use. Its also great for you to get some exposure to your website! If he had a ROB and a complete Gyromite kit I would interested. Also looking for dusty diamonds softball and NES Open golf.

Current NES collection:

546 Licensed
20 Unlicensed

Last Game Bought: Portal 2 and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D Land

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:08:13 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta

Could you please ask him if he has any store signs or Nintendo merch? Also, if he has any boxed or sealed tiger/konami/acclaim LCD screen handheld games? If so, I declare first dibs.

It's great that you are doing this to help out both the seller and us collectors, thanks man!

Edited: 07/21/2010 at 08:14 PM by AllYourBass