Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Adventures of Link Not for Resale Been searching for this for what seems forever.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:20:43 AM
ampplays (78)
(Arron Petersen) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Finally scored a NFR Zelda II box! It wasn't cheap but I don't care I have been trying to find this NFR promo sticker set for awhile. As far as I know this is one of three, leaving me hunting for Final Fantasy and Zelda. Super stoked to get this knocked off my list!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Legen...

-------------------------

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:07:07 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Cool man. I have the Final Fantasy NFR in my collection. I bought mine on NA for $45 a lil while back. They come up, just not very often.

Edited: 08/20/2013 at 05:13 AM by Segertar

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:14:00 AM
floydfan38 (20)

(Jason Bump) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
There is a yellow metroid nfr....;.i have one but I'm keeping it

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:38:49 AM
ampplays (78)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: floydfan38

There is a yellow metroid nfr....;.i have one but I'm keeping it

Oh man that's awesome, I never knew that! Now added to my saved searches!

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:27:54 AM
pcp711 (7)
(Paul ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
That particular NFR sticker designates that it came from the nintendo of america library. These games were like rentals for corporate employees. Once the games were outdated they were given or sold to employees. Nintendo slapped the NFR sticker on em to discourage employees from selling them for a profit. I currently have 10 snes cart only and 1 nes cib, that being final fantasy. I dont mean to burst your bubble because these particular nfr games are much rarer then store kiosk nfr games, but I highly doubt that there are only 3 link classic series NOA nfr boxes in the world. Still, that is a very very sweet find. I would love to have one.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:16:14 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
3 known isn't that what he said? There could be 30 or 300 but just out there, still at NOA, trashed, who knows. It's like how I think all the NWC carts still are not accounted for beyond the original winners list.

It's a nice find, I didn't know it existed, nor did I the yellow Metroid either. I think it's a fun set to attempt I imagine, costly though, and probably unobtainable given no one really knows what all got that sticker so perhaps someone who will have the most will be the leader in setting the bar.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:30:33 PM
pcp711 (7)
(Paul ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Tanooki

3 known isn't that what he said? There could be 30 or 300 but just out there, still at NOA, trashed, who knows. It's like how I think all the NWC carts still are not accounted for beyond the original winners list.

It's a nice find, I didn't know it existed, nor did I the yellow Metroid either. I think it's a fun set to attempt I imagine, costly though, and probably unobtainable given no one really knows what all got that sticker so perhaps someone who will have the most will be the leader in setting the bar.
3 known is what he said, however now that i have re-read his OP, he may have meant 1game title in only 3 game titles with this sticker.  I still also find that hard to believe.  In my previous post i explained what the sticker is and what it was used for.  Being that they were rentals for NOA corp employees, i still find it hard to believe that only 3 titles in the nes set ever got that sticker.  Here is my NOA nfr collection:

nes final fantasy cib (sticker on box)
snes mlbpa baseball cib (sticker on both box ends)
snes lord of darkness cib ( "            "    "         "       "    )
snes war 2410 sealed/cib with stickers on both ends but probably used
snes legend cart, sticker on back
snes ignition factor cart, sticker on back
snes super adventure island 2 cart, sticker on back
snes ultima the black gate cart, sticker on back
snes mech warrior cart, sticker on back
snes rise of the phoenix cart, sticker on back
snes x-kaliber 2097 cart, sticker on back

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:50:14 PM
ampplays (78)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: pcp711

dont mean to burst your bubble because these particular nfr games are much rarer then store kiosk nfr games, but I highly doubt that there are only 3 link classic series NOA nfr boxes in the world. Still, that is a very very sweet find. I would love to have one.

Oh man I guess I didn't word that clearly, I meant I have 1 of the known titles to have received this particular NFR sticker treatment. Now that it has been brought to my attention that Classics version Metriod is out there I have 1 of 4 of this NFR set. Thanks for the nice comments!

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:13:02 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
I had a snes Dream TV one. Congrats on the great find!

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:33:50 PM
lojack44 (99)
(Logan M) < Kraid Killer >
California
I have the  Metroid NFR yellow label NES one NM and CIB, and Ren and Stimpy Buckeroos SNES with NFR label on back (cart only). Great rare finds!

Edited: 08/20/2013 at 11:36 PM by lojack44

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:04:36 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: pcp711

3 known is what he said, however now that i have re-read his OP, he may have meant 1game title in only 3 game titles with this sticker.  I still also find that hard to believe.  In my previous post i explained what the sticker is and what it was used for.  Being that they were rentals for NOA corp employees, i still find it hard to believe that only 3 titles in the nes set ever got that sticker.  Here is my NOA nfr collection:

nes final fantasy cib (sticker on box)
snes mlbpa baseball cib (sticker on both box ends)
snes lord of darkness cib ( "            "    "         "       "    )
snes war 2410 sealed/cib with stickers on both ends but probably used
snes legend cart, sticker on back
snes ignition factor cart, sticker on back
snes super adventure island 2 cart, sticker on back
snes ultima the black gate cart, sticker on back
snes mech warrior cart, sticker on back
snes rise of the phoenix cart, sticker on back
snes x-kaliber 2097 cart, sticker on back

I saw those shopgoodwill auctions with all of the NOA SNES game lots and those CIBs and I thought they all went really high

They all went for $200+ and some lots were $300+ for just 8 or 9 games, right?

That Seattle Goodwill had tons of great stuff for a few months and it was like Nintendo just dumped off a few big boxes of old games there. I know that I saw at least 5 of the Star Fox Competition carts too!

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:34:22 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yes I sold off one of these about a year ago. Nes Best of the Best Karate Championship.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:24:41 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
These are fun--most of them were Nintendo Power and prizes at Nintendo sponsored events, but those labels were also used in some instances for the NoA Library to be 'rented out' by employees.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:57:52 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
I sold a final fantasy and a start tropics nfr cib on na last year.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Add one more to the checklist and good luck

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:36:20 AM
SinNombre (16)
(Allen ?) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I saw that box in that auction and considered buying but I want an older AOL box (like I got for Christmas in 1990) so I passed.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:50:38 AM
ampplays (78)
Wisconsin
Well clearly there are many!

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:31:27 PM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
I finally checked (been lazy). I have Dr. Mario and Open Golf with this same sticker as well.

Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...