Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official Wii U Demo Kiosk Thread Let's track them all!! AND MORE!!!!

Feb 04 at 6:49:05 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Originally posted by: iyouwas

Hello, just picked up a Kiosk! Love it! Having some issues though. Can I change Bass settings thru the remote? The sound cuts off when ever a bass note is played. I'd like to try that. I just ordered the ir emitter. But my phone doesn't have the capabilities. What brand code will work this monitor with a universal remote? Also, my sound is reversed. Left is right, and right is left. Can't swap it back. Very strange. Thanks for any help here. Tom
Congrats!! Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Does the kiosk have the original monitor? which remote are you referring (gamepad, wii remote, monitor buttons extender panel? 

Also, would you mind posting the information so I can update the list? Lastly, if you would like the kiosk icon, you will need to post a pic of the kiosk with your username in the picture. 

-------------------------

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Feb 04 at 8:12:18 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Tom Vogel - #146 - WUPM128P-WU - N - N - N - Y - Y - Y - Y - Y - Y - Y - N - N

Edited: 02/04/2019 at 08:14 PM by iyouwas

Feb 04 at 8:15:59 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Can you make sure my model # is right? And my back sign? I just don't want to post incorrectly. 😁

Feb 04 at 8:18:49 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Yes it does have the original Lynx monitor. Luckily. And I am referring to a remote control to adjust monitor settings. Maybe I can use the Game pad to access it when the ir emmiter arrives? Any suggestions? My phone doesn't have remote capabilities.

Feb 04 at 8:41:18 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
While taking my kiosk picture above, the sound was cutting out even at low volume. Now I'm not even sure it's Bass settings. I did try changing resolution settings, tried switching to mono with no change. Could it be an HDMI port issue? The sound is normal thru game pad.

Feb 04 at 10:09:09 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: iyouwas

While taking my kiosk picture above, the sound was cutting out even at low volume. Now I'm not even sure it's Bass settings. I did try changing resolution settings, tried switching to mono with no change. Could it be an HDMI port issue? The sound is normal thru game pad.
These TVs are known to have audio issues. Mine has no audio for example. It has to do with the internals of the monitor, not the speakers. As of right now, I have no clue what causes it, but a long time ago I found an article on facebook that went over a audio fix. Something about capacitors, unfortunately I have been unable to find that article. I plan on eventually figuring out a cap kit for this.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 02/04/2019 at 10:11 PM by SNESNESCUBE64

Feb 05 at 7:17:07 AM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
I see. I'm pretty good at doing cap kits. I hope all works out. As for the monitors remote to change the monitor settings, I have multiple universal remotes laying around the house. Have you heard of any that work besides the "Anymote" one?

Feb 05 at 7:19:44 AM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
I have my username in the bottom left of this picture. It's iyouwas. 😎

Edited: 02/05/2019 at 07:21 AM by iyouwas

Mar 20 at 5:39:23 PM
Flavor (1)

< Cherub >
South Dakota
I picked up a Wii U kiosk a couple weeks ago. I decided to put a Freeplay Zero in it, and set it up at a local public space. It was all going great for about a week.

It looked like this: https://twitter.com/FreeplayTech/...

Now, we can't seem to get the HDMI input to come back on. It just goes to this screen: http://nintendoagemedia.com.s3.am...

I think that I have an IR input/blaster style cable at home. I'll try that out.

I looked on eBay, and there are a lot of Element remote controls that are in the $6-10 range. Has anyone tried any of them? I'd love to have a remote there with the machine in case it does this again.

At GameStop, how did employees handle this sort of issue, or did it never come up? I can't get the thing to recognize HDMI at all at the moment. I'm REALLY hoping that the IR input and remote control deal actually works.

Edited: 03/20/2019 at 05:42 PM by Flavor

Mar 20 at 5:58:44 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Do you know about holding in the button to switch between inputs?

Mar 20 at 6:14:14 PM
iyouwas (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Or you can try the other HDMI input. If your smartphone has remote capabilities, you can go the ir route. Mine does not. I made that mistake. Lol

Mar 20 at 8:10:40 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Flavor

I picked up a Wii U kiosk a couple weeks ago. I decided to put a Freeplay Zero in it, and set it up at a local public space. It was all going great for about a week.

It looked like this: https://twitter.com/FreeplayTech/status/1104190279593091072

Now, we can't seem to get the HDMI input to come back on. It just goes to this screen: http://nintendoagemedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/_usermedia/atta...

I looked on eBay, and there are a lot of Element remote controls that are in the $6-10 range. Has anyone tried any of them? I'd love to have a remote there with the machine in case it does this again.

At GameStop, how did employees handle this sort of issue, or did it never come up? I can't get the thing to recognize HDMI at all at the moment. I'm REALLY hoping that the IR input and remote control deal actually works.
Ok, I actually had this happen to me and a few people online had this issue. This is what I commented on a question that I got on thingiverse of all places: 

"What you do, is undo the bezzle on the tv so you can see the ports, plug in an ir sensor, download an app called "Anymote Smart Remote" for android, set the remote to "element echs262". From there press the 3 button to open the input, then find the ok button (its different but i dont know which one), after you press that, it should stay that way. Check out the thread on nintendoage and you can read the back and forth me and another user had"

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Mar 20 at 11:10:25 PM
Flavor (1)

< Cherub >
South Dakota
Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

It looked like this: https://twitter.com/FreeplayTech/status/1104190279593091072

Now, we can't seem to get the HDMI input to come back on. It just goes to this screen: http://nintendoagemedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/_usermedia/atta...

Ok, I actually had this happen to me and a few people online had this issue. This is what I commented on a question that I got on thingiverse of all places: 

"What you do, is undo the bezzle on the tv so you can see the ports, plug in an ir sensor, download an app called "Anymote Smart Remote" for android, set the remote to "element echs262". From there press the 3 button to open the input, then find the ok button (its different but i dont know which one), after you press that, it should stay that way. Check out the thread on nintendoage and you can read the back and forth me and another user had"

Thanks!  I actually saw that info at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing... before posting here.  It's definitely good info.

I do want to fix it, but I _also_ want to have an actual remote in the cabinet, so other people can easily fix it when this happens again.  

Any idea if any of these would work?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH...

EDIT:  I updated the eBay link, because it was broken before.

Edited: 03/20/2019 at 11:15 PM by Flavor

Mar 20 at 11:12:58 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan

Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

Thanks!  I actually saw that info at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2096013/comments before posting here.  It's definitely good info.

I do want to fix it, but I _also_ want to have an actual remote in the cabinet, so other people can easily fix it when this happens again.  

Any idea if any of these would work?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_...

A programmable remote is ideal. No clue if that one will work.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

May 22 at 7:28:36 PM
Flavor (1)

< Cherub >
South Dakota
I got the kiosk "fixed" using the Android app. I wish I had a good/easy way to re-fix it when the issue pops up again. Even with the Android app, I have to push some buttons on Android, then push one of the physical ones on the kiosk, and so on. It works, but it's not simple to explain to someone else, and I might not always be around when it acts up.

May 22 at 11:44:15 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana

I got the kiosk "fixed" using the Android app. I wish I had a good/easy way to re-fix it when the issue pops up again. Even with the Android app, I have to push some buttons on Android, then push one of the physical ones on the kiosk, and so on. It works, but it's not simple to explain to someone else, and I might not always be around when it acts up.
Added you, Flavor, to the kiosk list, but did not know all the info. Feel free to send me the missing info. 

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

May 23 at 1:51:35 PM
Flavor (1)

< Cherub >
South Dakota
Originally posted by: dewisp02

Added you, Flavor, to the kiosk list, but did not know all the info. Feel free to send me the missing info. 

I've attached 4 photos of my kiosk.  It's definitely missing a bunch of parts.

I'm using it to show off our Freeplay Zero from freeplaytech.com at the moment.

Edited: 05/23/2019 at 01:52 PM by Flavor

May 29 at 8:00:33 PM
koko (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Anyone know how to add/remove demos for the HDD version console that doesn't have an optical media drive? My console doesn't take discs, and several of the demos are borked. Also, this was with my kiosk. I'm not sure what it does or what is on it. Maybe add it to the list of possible stuff for the kiosk?

Edited: 05/29/2019 at 10:02 PM by koko