An UNSIGNED Case Fresh Shantae is Being Auctioned

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:36:18 PM
john (21)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Originally posted by: john

Originally posted by: Bronty

This thread explains it a bit better. Admittedly, I read the "qualified" note in your previous post in a "legal" sense, (by the way - we all know if it really came down to it, random lawyers would dictate the true meaning of the condition irrespective of any of our "true" collectors' thoughts, but anyway), I really tried to get an answer on the "qualified" in terms of VGA and ironically only found a post on our own NA from years ago. This suggests that the meaning is woefully in question (to no fault of anyone here). http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

Essentially, my complaint all along is, and I think many others', although I have refrained from naming names to date, Bronty seems to think he is the ultimate supreme GOD of everything and that all are wrong and shall bow to his power almighty. Also, the apparent "vets" of NA protect him and side with him as if he is invincible. Ironically, I'm a member, albeit sporatic (and random!) for 6 years nonetheless with some hundreds of posts and others ostracized have a greater quantity of measures than I.

That said, I think Bronty should release a newfangled console. I bet the same number who bought the Switch at launch would buy the Bronty. Heck, I would at this point just for the nostalgia. 

Save me CZroe, you're our only hope...

he pretty much is, so yeah, we're going to defend him. his expertise and opinions are about as close to bulletproof as you can get around here. even without being aware of the dumb argument you were making in the other thread, if I saw you arguing with Bronty I'd automatically assume you were wrong. 

"if I saw you arguing with Bronty I'd automatically assume you were wrong"

Yep, pretty much the definition of someone automatically holding someone as a god.

PS: 
  1. Blind Loyalty (also Blind Obedience, Unthinking Obedience, the "Team Player" appeal, the Nuremberg Defense): The dangerous fallacy that an argument or action is right simply and solely because a respected leader or source (a President, expert, one’s parents, one's own "side," team or country, one’s boss or commanding officers) says it is right. This is over-reliance on authority, a gravely corrupted argument from ethos that puts loyalty above truth,  above one's own reason and above conscience. In this case a person attempts to justify incorrect, stupid or criminal behavior by whining "That's what I was told to do," or “I was just obeying orders."  See also, "The Soldiers' Honor Fallacy."

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 08:42 PM by john

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:39:56 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

Originally posted by: Lincoln

he pretty much is, so yeah, we're going to defend him. his expertise and opinions are about as close to bulletproof as you can get around here. even without being aware of the dumb argument you were making in the other thread, if I saw you arguing with Bronty I'd automatically assume you were wrong. 

"if I saw you arguing with Bronty I'd automatically assume you were wrong"

Yep, pretty much the definition of someone automatically holding someone as a god.

with good reason. you seem to be going out of your way to ignore that.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:53:00 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Seriously though, Bronty was pretty much right all along about this issue not because NA regards him as a god of any sort, but because of empirical datas that corrobore his explanation. I've seen collectibles signed sporadically over the years (without taking note of them either) and what he said is pretty much the norm, and if I had to give my opinion it would be pretty much what he said, cause that's what I've seen around without trying to write an essay on it.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:12:28 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Bronty

I make mistakes. I don't know it all . But I can recognize when someone doesn't have any familiarity with the topic, at which point I can't take them seriously in the debate. It would be like someone with no kids telling you how to parent; they have no credibility.   Not even knowing what a qualified grade is while pontificating about grades makes you appear uninformed... no offense.   It's like someone that collects only stamps thinking they are an expert on coins

"Hey, I have this upside down Jefferson...."

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:31:36 PM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Seriously though, Bronty was pretty much right all along about this issue not because NA regards him as a god of any sort, but because of empirical datas that corrobore his explanation. I've seen collectibles signed sporadically over the years (without taking note of them either) and what he said is pretty much the norm, and if I had to give my opinion it would be pretty much what he said, cause that's what I've seen around without trying to write an essay on it.

Anecdotal*

The anecdotal fallacy uses a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument.

Example: Leanne thinks smoking does not affect life expectancy since her grandmother smoked for 4 decades and lived to be 87.

Gullavoie :

1. Because, Bronty
2. Has seen things signed over the years 
3. Et cetera 

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:55:37 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

Originally posted by: guillavoie

Anecdotal*

The anecdotal fallacy uses a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument.

Example: Leanne thinks smoking does not affect life expectancy since her grandmother smoked for 4 decades and lived to be 87.

Gullavoie :

1. Because, Bronty
2. Has seen things signed over the years 
3. Et cetera 

Of course it is anecdotal, cause I intended it to be worded that way. And it is not because you convey a point through a non 100 % logical discourse (philosophically speaking, not the stupid way you're tagging what everyone says as a 'fallacy' using dictionnary or wikipedia definitions) that the point you're making is not right. If your experience (which lead to an assertion worded as an anecdote) is backed up with substantial empirical datas, it is worth more than a guy talking through his ass using syllogisms. 

Also, it is quite inappropriate to intend people writing on such a casual forum to respect logical discourse by the book. You wouldn't want to be held to such standards too, so you can put your 'fallacy talk' where it belongs.

And BTW, your 3 points summary do not even reflect what I said correctly, so if you can't even summarize correctly a 2 sentences discourse, there's no ground to believe that you are versed in logical discourse to begin with.

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 10:08 PM by guillavoie

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:55:59 PM
Ohio
Dude, just stop.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:14:13 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Here we go again...

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:39:47 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
fuuuuuuuuuuuck...its already at $1222..

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:42:18 AM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: NESking80

Here we go again...
I really can't carry on a stupid fight like this here past 1-2 posts so others are going to have to make that happen.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:42:55 AM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: shawnphase

...its already at $1222..

Yow, this is exciting 

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:50:16 AM
Fryer64 (45)
(Ryley C) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I'm confused. Is the issue with the seal, the signature, or the authenticity? Or a combination? Not taking any side but if they are legit it might help prices a bit ^.^

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:10:42 PM
thomeboy (85)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
I sold a VGA 85 copy in early 2015 for $900. Oops.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:25:32 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Fryer64

I'm confused. Is the issue with the seal, the signature, or the authenticity? Or a combination? Not taking any side but if they are legit it might help prices a bit ^.^

This one is a case fresh sealed copy from the developer's closet.

A few days ago a signed sealed copy was sold for $1800.

We're going to see if the unmarked case fresh copy sells for more.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:29:18 PM
Fryer64 (45)
(Ryley C) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Very interesting. So popcorn from afar then right?  

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:58:04 PM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: thomeboy

Sealed or a different condition?

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:03:06 PM
Ohio

Thanks for officially proving you have no idea what you're talking about here.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:09:25 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

VGA 85 doesnt refer to the number of signatures on it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:13:20 PM
john (21)
Florida

I assume that grade plus is sealed only but what's wrong with asking for confirmation? Am I so wrong to ask for a slight bit more detail on a vague one liner? Does asking a question make someone an idiot?

Even as a volunteer you are a disgrace to this community and shouldn't be allowed to be a moderator. You need to realize that people can speak openly about things and have actual conversation without constantly resorting to personal attacks and insults. When you attack me every time I make a post it only proves more that you are a wretched creature.

Further, some collectors existed before there was a false invention of a grading system by a dubious authority that leaves collectable electronics completely useless and devalued as they are locked away in plastic. Only you and a few others are foolish enough to be duped by the VGA system. To most, it is an entirely ridiculous system to begin with and its rules have no "authority" over our views of condition and value in collectables. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:58:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Just stop. Please.

And understand, that's with no disrespect.   I like you and czroe too.   But its been clear for a while now that you don't understand the basics, so perhaps a better time for a debate would be on another issue.

capnmorgan does a great job btw both in front of and behind the scenes.    He's had much good advice over the years in the private mod forums.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/11/2017 at 02:04 PM by Bronty

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:15:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Bert

VGA 85 doesnt refer to the number of signatures on it?

that was pretty funny I have to say

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:21:54 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

I assume that grade plus is sealed 

Since you asked, I'll try and explain.    You're still not getting the difference between standard grades and qualified.

They are two separate grading scales.    Standard is for sealed games.    Qualified is for opened games.   Most anything that anyone would have graded is standard, because paying to grade an opened game is rarely worth it.  (Grading is only 'worth it' economically when it adds value so only something outstanding like a brand new unused never touched A list title is going to be sent in for a qualified [opened but unused game] grade).

If you see 'VGA 85' that means standard scale.   Sealed game.

If you see VGA Q85 that means qualified.    Opened game.

You appear to think that there is single scale with a magic cutoff point between qualified and standard.... no.

A 95 is sealed and perfect.  

A Q95 is opened and perfect.

They do not attempt to equate the two (for example, a perfect opened game doesn't get a vga 60.   It will never get a 'real' - standard - grade.   ).

Edited: 03/11/2017 at 02:22 PM by Bronty

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:36:59 PM
john (21)
Florida
Ironically enough, it would appear that VGA reduces the value dramatically compared to sealed signed hyped or otherwise. $900 is half of the signed copy and less than the in progress listing. How did we even get on this VGA anyway? The latest Shantae business has nothing to do with it.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:40:36 PM
thomeboy (85)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Ironically enough, it would appear that VGA reduces the value dramatically compared to sealed signed hyped or otherwise. $900 is half of the signed copy and less than the in progress listing. How did we even get on this VGA anyway? The latest Shantae business has nothing to do with it.

I sold it quickly to help raise some money. My $900 sale in early 2015 was probably a good deal for the buyer even then. Plus, I think these case fresh copies being sold now are in better condition than a VGA 85. The ones being auctioned now look absolutely beautiful.

Edited: 03/11/2017 at 02:41 PM by thomeboy

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:41:11 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

The important part of thomeboy's post was 'in early 2015 + VGA 85', and you asked about VGA yourself.

Edited: 03/11/2017 at 02:42 PM by guillavoie