Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Holy crap. Analogue Super NT!!!! Preorder up now!

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:40:51 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Just buy a black one!  

That's the spirit! The black one looks awesome, I'm totally in love with it!

-------------------------
My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

May 8, 2018 at 10:09:44 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Preorders are now up for all versions! (Will ship in September 2018)

https://www.analogue.co/pages/sto...

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 10:10 AM by Diamante Loco

May 8, 2018 at 10:22:51 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Diamante Loco

Preorders are now up for all versions! (Will ship in September 2018)

https://www.analogue.co/pages/store/

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 10:23 AM by Quaze

May 8, 2018 at 10:33:34 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Apparently the transparent version is discontinued!?

Damn, RIP anyone who wanted that one! D;

May 8, 2018 at 10:40:07 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Anyone know if they charge you now or when it ships? Thanks to a $3000-$5000 mechanic bill i don't think i will be buying much of anything for a while........

gamevaluenow

May 8, 2018 at 10:45:38 AM
ginoscope (20)
(Gino R.) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Anyone know if they charge you now or when it ships? Thanks to a $3000-$5000 mechanic bill i don't think i will be buying much of anything for a while........

They charge now because when I pre-orderd my super famicom version in the first round they charged me in October for the full amount.  I have honestly not used my Super NT that much.  I have come to realize that I prefer playing all my systems pre ps2 on a CRT and not using hdmi.  

May 8, 2018 at 3:22:02 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England

I know right.  Glad I have one.

May 8, 2018 at 3:35:06 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

I know right.  Glad I have one.

Yeah, I didn't want one personally (very happy w/ the black one I got), but looking back... dat future second hand market.

May 8, 2018 at 3:52:30 PM
Turbo Maniac (24)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
I'm hoping they will come out with a more clear transparent instead of what they released at launch...Many people have said it's kinda cloudy and not what they where expecting.. not that it looks bad but I think I was wanting one that looked more like a funtastic n64 or transparent game boy..

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 03:56 PM by Turbo Maniac

May 8, 2018 at 4:33:25 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
Originally posted by: RoidsRage420

I'm hoping they will come out with a more clear transparent instead of what they released at launch...Many people have said it's kinda cloudy and not what they where expecting.. not that it looks bad but I think I was wanting one that looked more like a funtastic n64 or transparent game boy..
Me personally I like the cloudy transparent look.  Yeah the controller looks like ass, but the console it's self is aesthetically pleasing to look at.  

May 8, 2018 at 7:21:17 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States

off topic: why didn't you just buy another car?

May 8, 2018 at 7:44:45 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: CMR

If we owned it we would have. It is an 2011 Audi A4 with 100k on it. We owe 10k on it still and it is only worth 8k thanks to depreciation. The engine blew a bunch of valves because of a defect with the timing chain that a class action law suit is open for. I guess many people are having this issue and Audi doesn't want to hear it.

We have no choice but to fix it for now since we have a loan on it and can't afford to just buy or finance another car. And she needs a car to get to work. 

gamevaluenow

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 07:45 PM by xMaGuSx

May 8, 2018 at 10:27:28 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States

If we owned it we would have. It is an 2011 Audi A4 with 100k on it. We owe 10k on it still and it is only worth 8k thanks to depreciation. The engine blew a bunch of valves because of a defect with the timing chain that a class action law suit is open for. I guess many people are having this issue and Audi doesn't want to hear it.

We have no choice but to fix it for now since we have a loan on it and can't afford to just buy or finance another car. And she needs a car to get to work. 

Wow, I hope that class action reems them good.  Can you get more money from your loan?  If you threaten to just let the thing go, they might work with you.  Typically banks and such want your money more than they want the vehicle.  They're insured, but I think it's still a hassle for them when someone defaults on a loan.  Anyway, sorry for going off topic and sorry about your car.  Seriously, xMaGuSx, you seem like one of those people who has a disaster waiting for them around every corner.  If you ever get the chance to save any money, I would encourage you to do so.  Best of luck.

Edited: 05/08/2018 at 10:28 PM by CMR

May 8, 2018 at 10:38:43 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Wow, I hope that class action reems them good.  Can you get more money from your loan?  If you threaten to just let the thing go, they might work with you.  Typically banks and such want your money more than they want the vehicle.  They're insured, but I think it's still a hassle for them when someone defaults on a loan.  Anyway, sorry for going off topic and sorry about your car.  Seriously, xMaGuSx, you seem like one of those people who has a disaster waiting for them around every corner.  If you ever get the chance to save any money, I would encourage you to do so.  Best of luck.
Thanks man, i appreciate it. Hopefully we can get the money back in the long run through the lawsuit. We need a car though, so we are in a bind and have to act now. Can't afford to wait which sucks.

And yeah it has been a rough few years lol   mostly cause of my health, but it could always be worse. We just paid down nearly all of our credit card debt, and a good chunk of her student loans, so we were finally in a place to start saving. But that is life, something always comes up. I am gonna have to sell some big pieces soon to cover the rest of the money, as much as it sucks, life comes before toys. 

Thanks again for the kind words. 

gamevaluenow

May 9, 2018 at 2:16:28 AM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
As much as I love the original SNES console, this is something that I think I would actually get a lot of use out of.  I also especially like that the controllers seem probably better than the old Messiah wireless controllers.

Edited: 05/09/2018 at 02:35 AM by Rooster

May 9, 2018 at 2:11:18 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Just ordered the classic grey/purple one. I had to get a new credit card since the website didn't take Discover back when it launched, so I'm glad I finally secured one. It's gonna be a long 4 months...

May 10, 2018 at 4:23:01 PM
aquaticiguana (4)
< Tourian Tourist >
Is there any risk of the controllers running out? I got my pre-order in and was planning on waiting until the units ship to get the controllers.

May 11, 2018 at 10:15:56 AM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: aquaticiguana

Is there any risk of the controllers running out? I got my pre-order in and was planning on waiting until the units ship to get the controllers.

Seems unlikely. I think they've been on Amazon for months now so you should be ok. Maybe one of the colors will sell out at some point, but I can't see them all selling out anytime soon. I think they made a lot more of these than they did the Super NTs just because people will use them on other systems as well.

I'm not sure if I wanna grab one or not. A wireless SNES controller sounds awesome, but the issues some people have had with the D-pad makes me a bit worried.

May 11, 2018 at 11:40:57 AM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: ZBomber
I'm not sure if I wanna grab one or not. A wireless SNES controller sounds awesome, but the issues some people have had with the D-pad makes me a bit worried.

The D-pad problem can be mostly fixed with some electrical tape. Just put tape on the edges of the contacts on the circuit board of the new controller to make them more like the contacts on the original SNES controller. It made it better anyways. 

May 11, 2018 at 4:37:22 PM
cartman (16)
(The Boss) < King Solomon >
Sweden
When he releases the Genesis cores is that the end of any aspirations for a Genesis Analogue NT?

May 12, 2018 at 11:01:06 AM
nicktendo (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: themisfit138

The D-pad problem can be mostly fixed with some electrical tape. Just put tape on the edges of the contacts on the circuit board of the new controller to make them more like the contacts on the original SNES controller. It made it better anyways. 

I bought one recently fully aware that this may be an issue and it definitely is. Playing SMB2 on Mario All-Stars with my wife got so incredibly frustrating trying to climb up vines and ladders that we said screw it and plugged in an original controller. The fix does seem really easy but I didn't realize they used those damn security screws so I don't have a way to open mine at the moment. Anyone know what kind of screwdriver bit thats used to open it? 

The wireless controller really does feel great though, so once I fix it, it will be my go-to for sure.

May 12, 2018 at 9:38:13 PM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
Originally posted by: nicktendo

I bought one recently fully aware that this may be an issue and it definitely is. Playing SMB2 on Mario All-Stars with my wife got so incredibly frustrating trying to climb up vines and ladders that we said screw it and plugged in an original controller. The fix does seem really easy but I didn't realize they used those damn security screws so I don't have a way to open mine at the moment. Anyone know what kind of screwdriver bit thats used to open it? 

The wireless controller really does feel great though, so once I fix it, it will be my go-to for sure.

Does the wireless controller work on an original SNES?

May 12, 2018 at 9:49:39 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Rooster

Does the wireless controller work on an original SNES?

Yes.

May 15, 2018 at 5:42:37 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

IIRC, it’s a T8 Torx.

May 16, 2018 at 7:50:20 AM
WhiteGlint (1)
< Little Mac >
Michigan
I loves my Super NT. I wanna have it's babies!!

#NotanEliteCollector #CUPodcast