Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

GB games with their own version in a series?

Oct 11 at 11:46:54 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Tetris 2 has a level based puzzle mode unique to the Game Boy version.  Good thing some of us care about this game!   

The SNES one has a puzzle mode too, I don't know about the NES version. The SNES puzzle mode doesn't let you continue if you used more than the given pieces to solve the puzzle; the GB version lets you use as many as you want but you get a little icon for each one you completed within the target # of pieces. I'm not too big on Tetris 2, but the puzzle mode isn't too bad.

Oct 11 at 2:49:30 PM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Splain

Tetris 2 has a level based puzzle mode unique to the Game Boy version.  Good thing some of us care about this game!   

The SNES one has a puzzle mode too, I don't know about the NES version. The SNES puzzle mode doesn't let you continue if you used more than the given pieces to solve the puzzle; the GB version lets you use as many as you want but you get a little icon for each one you completed within the target # of pieces. I'm not too big on Tetris 2, but the puzzle mode isn't too bad.

Ah, that means each version (NES, SNES, GB) is slightly different then.  NES version does not have the puzzle mode, just the normal single-player mode with 80 levels and a VS mode.

-------------------------
Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Oct 13 at 11:51:20 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

Originally posted by: StuOhQ

Originally posted by: Krunch

Not to mention that the GB Tetris feels totally different, like its tighter somehow.  I'll take the NES version any day.    I wonder if Tetris 2 has similar differences from NES - but no one really cares about that game

I actually prefer the Gameboy version, as it's the one I put the time into as a kid. Also... I care about Tetris 2  

Lmao much of what I say I don’t mean except this anyone want a near mint complete Tetris 2 for game boy lololol

-------------------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Oct 17 at 5:00:31 PM
MiamiSlice (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
New Jersey
Ninja Boy games are unique on GB.