(Dave 4.) < Tourian Tourist >
Washington

Discuss...

-------------------------

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:04:41 AM
Derpy Hooves (0)
(Cody is now 20% cooler) < El Ripper >
United States
It certainly looks authentic, but I have a few doubts about it.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:12:44 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
that is the bio force ape competition cart

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:27:41 AM
SKULLDEATH9000 (161)
(Jay Z ) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: D4ve

Discuss...

Screw discussing GIMME!

<--- Don't be a JIVE TURKEY!
Magfest 2016:  "Even kids are dying to play this game"
Magfest 2016:  "Slip em a 20" 

Campout 2011: "I hate TETRIS I would like to go back in time and punch that Soviet dude right in the FACE"
Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat - Chuck Yeager "I don't even know you." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Thread Owner of Enslaved's 5000th POST!

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:26:08 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
This is not the real deal, it's the homebrew. The real BFA is owned by Frank and has yet to be distributed (although he has suggested that he will release it at some point).

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:31:48 PM
vern77777 (35)
(8==o------ (.)(.)) < Kraid Killer >
Illinois
Want.

Looking for test carts...

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:41:22 PM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
Ok Dave, I give up. Whats the story? Homebrew release or proto release?

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:19:20 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
its a homebrew

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:50:01 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
This is exactly why I thought it was a stupid idea to make a homebrew after a proto...

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:29:57 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Herbalist

This is exactly why I thought it was a stupid idea to make a homebrew after a proto...

I wouldn't mind, but the homebrew is atrocious.  Everything about it is virtually unplayable.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:19:12 AM
Mame (0)

(Ma me) < Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
I've seen that picture somewhere before... It's definitely not the comp cart.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:26:38 AM
Dinoellis (58)
(Dino Ellis) < Lolo Lord >
California
I don't know what it is but I want it in my collection. It's sexier than a greased-up stadium events

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:09:11 AM
PapaStu (6)
(Stu McStuerton) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Uh, BFA was started WELL before the true proto was found and bought.  ProgrammingAce and Bratwurst were the ones behind it.  Brat did the art, Prog did the game (from the ground up by the way).  The BFA Comp cart was released at MGC 2010.  There are a few cart variations (black MGC version, Grey was sold afterwords, and some super Limited color ones).

**Edited to add a few links on it from DP**

Comp Cart sale thread

Dev Journal

** Edit #2**
My BFA cart is #38 and it's also a black MGC cart, so they would have gone to 40 and not 35

Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.

Edited: 11/28/2010 at 12:46 AM by PapaStu

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:27:31 AM
Purple Ganon (0)
(Victor Tokai) < Cherub >
Ohio
Yeah, if I recall there was a gold cart for winning the competition, a silver cart for 2nd place, and a bronze cart for 3rd place. The actual "master cartridge" that was used for the competition was painted green and I imagine that it is still in either Programmingace or Dave2236's possession. These carts basically comprised #1-4 and 5-10 are/were reserved for other purposes, most likely a similar contest at CGE that never came to fruition. Cartridges #11-35 or so are the black cartridges that were exclusive to buyers at MGC and cartridges numbered around #35-40 or so and onward switched from black to standard grey cartridges that were sold through the forums on Digital Press as well as Cinematicbazaar.com. I have BFA Comp Cart #26 and would probably be willing to sell it for the right price as I have sold my NES and I don't plan on buying another one in the foreseeable future. If interested, hit me up via PM and we'll work something out.

The act of two male video game collectors wearing Power Gloves and grasping each other's erect penises, thus constricting the tips until they are engorged and resemble a Purple Ganon.

Purple Ganons are a fairly commonplace event when collectors exchange high-end Nintendo NES items, often accompanied by penis pictures.

Edited: 11/28/2010 at 12:54 AM by Purple Ganon

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:56:42 AM
Herbalist (139)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: PapaStu

Uh, BFA was started WELL before the true proto was found and bought.  ProgrammingAce and Bratwurst were the ones behind it.  Brat did the art, Prog did the game (from the ground up by the way).  The BFA Comp cart was released at MGC 2010.  There are a few cart variations (black MGC version, Grey was sold afterwords, and some super Limited color ones).

Comp Cart sale thread

Dev Journal

** Edit #2**
My BFA cart is #38 and it's also a black MGC cart, so they would have gone to 40 and not 35

I know they started before the actual proto was found, and I said it was a bad idea then and I said something like "and what happens if the real proto is found?"
And then it was a little while later lol

I didnt mean to come off on their efforts, its just I think the idea was poor.
I meant making a homebrew based on the concept of an unreleased/unfound game is is a bad idea because it may confuse people into thinking its the real long lost game or something.

Edited: 11/28/2010 at 02:57 AM by Herbalist

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:47:41 PM
PapaStu (6)
United States

Originally posted by: PapaStu

Comp Cart sale thread

Dev Journal

** Edit #2**

I know they started before the actual proto was found, and I said it was a bad idea then and I said something like "and what happens if the real proto is found?"
And then it was a little while later lol

I didnt mean to come off on their efforts, its just I think the idea was poor.
I meant making a homebrew based on the concept of an unreleased/unfound game is is a bad idea because it may confuse people into thinking its the real long lost game or something.

Well to be honest, what they were planning on doing was well beyond whatever would have really come from the game.  The pixelated fart attack?  Dur Butter Monster?  The first BFA thread on DP (the spoof'd 'found it' thread back in 06 or 07) set itself pretty far apart from whatever might have come from the actual game, should a proto be found.  It was just the timing of the Yahoo! Auction Japan listing that really was the kicker.  I don't think that a remake of the proto was even a possibility until mid 09.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:47:05 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
If anyone is wondering where that artwork came from, it's from a Japanese advertisement for the game. And yes, the ROM will be out there, I was kind of going quiet and letting Ace release his homebrew game first so there would be less confusion. If he doesn't do it soon I'll do something. I might anyway.

FYI it was playable at the Retrozone booth at CGE!

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:51:08 PM
Herbalist (139)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: TheRedEye

FYI it was playable at the Retrozone booth at CGE!

Hmmmmmm, is bunny possibly going to sell repros of it?

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:00:27 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
I hope not? I just put the ROM on one of his Powerpaks so people at the show could play it.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:48:51 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Didn't realize it was there. shit. I would have played it.

on the homebrew version, i thought there was going to be a competition and release at CGE... was I wrong?

eBay listings here

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:01:45 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: TheRedEye

I hope not? I just put the ROM on one of his Powerpaks so people at the show could play it.

Bunny wouldn't release anything without permission.  I've sent him a number of unreleased prototype roms and none of those have found their way into circulation (yet). 

With that being said, I'm sure there will be reproductions for sale as soon as the rom is made public (not necessarily from Bunny).  That's the nature of the beast.

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:32:25 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Yup I won't be doing anything with it until the rom is really public (I assume on lostlevels.org). Half of the fun of the game is Frank's comments while playing anyways!

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:20:06 PM
PapaStu (6)
United States
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Didn't realize it was there. shit. I would have played it.

on the homebrew version, i thought there was going to be a competition and release at CGE... was I wrong?

That was the initial plan.  It didn't happen.