Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

8-bit Xmas 2013 Any details?

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:16:08 PM
##### (15)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
Yo dudes.

Just wondering if there is any news about the upcoming 8-bit Xmas 2013 cart? If it were to go like last year, I would assume we are just a few weeks away from being able to order them. Is KHAN games doing the game for this years cart?

Lemme get those deetz. Oh, and if this is being discussed somewhere else, feel free to lock my ass down. Didn't see it anywhere.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:23:20 PM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
I missed out last year. Hopefully I can grab one for Christmas this year

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:28:14 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: WeLoveClassicGames

I just ordered my first games from Retro USB yesterday...I have always wants the 8 Bit Xmas games.  Does anyone know how much they usually cost if you get them on the first run and not on eBay?

-------------------------

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:46:20 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Retrovision

Originally posted by: WeLoveClassicGames

I just ordered my first games from Retro USB yesterday...I have always wants the 8 Bit Xmas games.  Does anyone know how much they usually cost if you get them on the first run and not on eBay?

http://www.nesworld.com/rarity_xmascarts.php

39 bucks without custom text, seven bucks more with it. I only have the 2012 cart.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:57:56 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Yeah, they are super affordable during the run compared to when they are discontinued.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:00:30 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
How hard is it to actually get one on the first run? Impossible, or not too bad?

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:05:24 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Retrovision

How hard is it to actually get one on the first run? Impossible, or not too bad?

Very easy. I could be wrong, but I think he will fulfill all orders placed within that month and a half time frame, from mid november to end of december.

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:06:55 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Yeah, I could definitely be wrong about that. There very well may be a limit. But it wasn't difficult to get a copy last year and they were available for a good amount of time. You should dig up last years thread for details about that.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:37:17 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Game is coming along. I am going all the artwork and bunnyboy is doing the programming. Won't spoil the gameplay, but it's definitely the most fun (and challenging!) out of any year so far.

Zi is doing the music and it's fantastic.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:40:42 PM
Jon Solo (80)
(ジョン ・ソロ) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Game is coming along. I am going all the artwork and bunnyboy is doing the programming. Won't spoil the gameplay, but it's definitely the most fun (and challenging!) out of any year so far.

Oh boy Kevin, you excite me with your words!

Dreamcast US collection - 83% complete. 
 42 games to go! 

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:47:16 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Can't wait!

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:59:15 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
I need to get one of these this year!

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:03:28 PM
GibbyVA (32)
(NESCAPADES ) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia

I love playing these the past couple years. Can't wait for the new one  =)

8-Bit Collection (no dupes) -  NES - 1,245 Famicom - 719  Master System - 255
Latest additions - AO, UXO, O-To-X, Rock Paper Scissors, Enigmacore, Cowlitz Gamers Adventure, Journey: The Game, Khan Games 4in1, Legends of Owlia

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:43:11 PM
2Legit28Bit (170)
(Anthony Lazzari) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania

Please tell me it's 4 player again this year

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:40:46 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: 2Legit28Bit

Please tell me it's 4 player again this year
I am not going to tell you if it is or it isn't. What I am going to say is it IS the most fun game of all of them. The gameplay is even better than 2008 Kevin is spot on with this statement!

As for the run limit, you must order before December 31st 2013 @ 2359 approx. But I would not be surprised with as big as these games are getting if Bunny does run out of supplies. A smart man (me) says he won't though...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:04:45 PM
TrekMD (13)
(Eugenio ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I'm looking forward to getting this!

Going to the final frontier, gaming....

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:26:12 AM
Gorillazero (53)
(Well That's Just Prime) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
If it's actually something interesting, I'm all in. Last year's 8bit wasn't quite what I expected and the 16bit was re-tool of one of the early 8bit releases. So, I bounced out of both of those. Let's hope for something interesting this year!

Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:02:34 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: Gorillazero

If it's actually something interesting, I'm all in. Last year's 8bit wasn't quite what I expected and the 16bit was re-tool of one of the early 8bit releases. So, I bounced out of both of those. Let's hope for something interesting this year!

What do you consider "interesting"?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:52:48 AM
Gorillazero (53)
Michigan

I really enjoyed the original 16bit cart, I believe you made that game. I've seen your skills, I just thought it was odd that the game for the 16bit was a rehash of an earlier 8bit game, I was waiting all November/December for the release last year. I know you can't pump out a zelda or a mega man game in this amount of time or for the price of $37-39 bucks. So, don't get me wrong we appreciate the effort (I appreciate the effort), but I collect homebrew and build my own repros, so I something to play not just collect. Actions or puzzle games are where it's at. I'm working on my own NGPC puzzle game. Again, I hope you didn't take offense Khan.

Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:09:06 AM
DoctorNick (76)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
Ohio
I am just now getting into repros and homebrews and love them! As soon as this is able to be ordered someone please let me know! The others look great, now I'm just trying to figure out how to get my hands on them.

"100% agree. I'll never bargain shop for tattoos or condoms."  -thenickross 2015

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:19:44 AM
Faltain1 (112)
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
How about the 16 bit version... that also being worked on?

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:26:44 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida

I really enjoyed the original 16bit cart, I believe you made that game. I've seen your skills, I just thought it was odd that the game for the 16bit was a rehash of an earlier 8bit game, I was waiting all November/December for the release last year. I know you can't pump out a zelda or a mega man game in this amount of time or for the price of $37-39 bucks. So, don't get me wrong we appreciate the effort (I appreciate the effort), but I collect homebrew and build my own repros, so I something to play not just collect. Actions or puzzle games are where it's at. I'm working on my own NGPC puzzle game. Again, I hope you didn't take offense Khan.

I didn't take offense at all. I just like to know what people want when it comes to these types of games.  I definitely didn't make the original 16-bit game.  That was all Shiru.  That guy is heads and shoulders above me in quality.  He ran out of time last year and didn't quite get to making a new 16-bit game.  That's why we re-used an older game.  If we didn't, there wouldn't have even been a 16-bit option.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:33:58 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
KHan is making Study Hall 2: The Blackboard, and all you can do is write "I will not be a dick in class" over and over, while everyone else is outside, playing in the snow, opening gifts, and enjoying hot coco

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:24:59 PM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
Originally posted by: Plastik Gold

http://www.nesworld.com/rarity_xmascarts.php

39 bucks without custom text, seven bucks more with it. I only have the 2012 cart.

Eeek! looks like I need to update that page, xmas 2012 arrived a while back ;-)

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:22:27 PM
Gorillazero (53)
Michigan
Originally posted by: dra600n

KHan is making Study Hall 2: The Blackboard, and all you can do is write "I will not be a dick in class" over and over, while everyone else is outside, playing in the snow, opening gifts, and enjoying hot coco
What?