JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: laserman81

Originally posted by: Bella

Originally posted by: sfchakan

I was asked to post this by someone I know on IRC.

WHAT THE FUCK!! That was NOT FUNNY. In fact it was a shitty douchebag move. ARRG some people are a waste of oxygen.......

I was just about to say the same thing Bella. Posts like THIS is the reason this topic was created. Things like this are rude, unnecessary and need to stop.

This is a spinoff from a DP thread where Portnoyd made the top 20 list of why NA sucks.  Obviously that was a direct jab, indicated by the #21.

But as for sfchakan, that was a poor post after knowing that it is unacceptable here.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get the boot, deservingly so.

I'd like to see that list...then again, I probably need to be a member at DP to see the thread, and I don't sign up at shittastic sites, so yeah, probably won't see it any time soon

I'm nothing if not questionably helpful, so you can find the list in question here:

Post #34. It's the Classic Gaming board, which I don't -think- you need to be logged in to view.

-------------------------

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:15:23 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: JSoup

WHAT THE FUCK!! That was NOT FUNNY. In fact it was a shitty douchebag move. ARRG some people are a waste of oxygen.......

I was just about to say the same thing Bella. Posts like THIS is the reason this topic was created. Things like this are rude, unnecessary and need to stop.

This is a spinoff from a DP thread where Portnoyd made the top 20 list of why NA sucks.  Obviously that was a direct jab, indicated by the #21.

But as for sfchakan, that was a poor post after knowing that it is unacceptable here.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get the boot, deservingly so.

I'd like to see that list...then again, I probably need to be a member at DP to see the thread, and I don't sign up at shittastic sites, so yeah, probably won't see it any time soon

I'm nothing if not questionably helpful, so you can find the list in question here:

Post #34. It's the Classic Gaming board, which I don't -think- you need to be logged in to view.

That was some interesting reading. You can really taste Port's bitterness towards this site. Makes me wonder why he lurks over here as much as he does. He logged in today even.

http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Home&a...

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:01:16 PM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Originally posted by: SamSpade

Originally posted by: JSoup

That was some interesting reading. You can really taste Port's bitterness towards this site. Makes me wonder why he lurks over here as much as he does. He logged in today even.

http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Home&a...

A resource is a resource and it's sometimes better to keep one, regardless of your personal feelings towards it, than cut it off and be less one resource. Take it from a guy that's facilitated plenty of inter-library loans with research libraries that have everything you'd want or every need as far as studies go but are otherwise run by fucktards.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:04:46 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
True. I guess I'm just the kinda guy that burns my bridges with a can of kerosene and a blowtorch laughing while I do it. For me, it's much more about principles and I don't think he has any.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:05:03 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Ok please refrain from quoting and requoting each other. Also, this is not relavant to the topic of sexual harassment.

if you two would like to debate Port's feelings on NA, please create a topic.

Port hates NA we get it. His loss!

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:17:50 PM
GameBoyScotty (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Sammi
I don't think GameBoyScotty or sfchakan should be banned for either of their comments. sfchakan, I think your video was in very poor taste 

Zi said I should be banned in his orig post, before edit. I saw someone directing hate at people I talk to. I responded. Deal with it. Not the 1st time, and I'm positive it won't be the last. I had nothing to do with any of this. This thread was being made when I heard of the situation. I will  apologize to no one for sticking up for anyone of my net nerd buddies. Especially from a dude who has lurked here for 3 years, made less than 50 posts, and has had 1 "Gaming Transaction." That's a rude definition of the word "community." There is a FOE button. I implore you to use it. If ya have issues with the way I handle shit, foe me....cause there are plenty of peeps on here who took the time to get to know me, that don't.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:34:38 PM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Ban the people who were involved. They know right from wrong, and didn't step up and do something about it, instead joined in. Simple as that.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:26:06 PM
ozzman (59)
(Bella's Husband) < Meka Chicken >
United States
WHOOPS I posted under Steves account again.

My (bellas) post coming soon

Why is it everyone on NA gets to talk to my wife more than I do?

Edited: 10/12/2011 at 04:27 PM by ozzman

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:29:41 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
I was going to write one of my large rants on the subject. However I will try and keep it simple.

First of all don't group me in with the "girls" of NA.

There are three types of female members here:
1. The wives/girlfriends. They have to be awesome to support their man in this hobby.
2. The actual female collectors or gamers.
3. The boy toys.

The second group actually makes up the largest part of female NA community. The first group often flows into the second and the third gives all of us a bad name.

When females who are in group 2 join they realize its a boys world and accept their fair share of good spirited jibes. we dont mind and we often give as good as we get. Hell I demand a certain male MOD disrobe every time I see him in chat

EDIT

For the guys that did SHAME ON YOU!! You deserve to be hit right in the nards by me with my giant spoon. I know how to make it hurt too. Just ask NGD.

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Edited: 10/12/2011 at 04:55 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:31:22 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
AMEN SISTER!!!

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:19:45 PM
Taco! (202)
< El Ripper >
United States
Definitely bad karma, can't believe someone would do that. We might deal with games from our childhoods but we need to conduct ourselves as adults. It also doesn't make you manly or cool or w/e to pull that crap. Just shows how big of a loser you are for stalking / harping a woman into an state of weakness and subjugating her sexually for personal enjoyment. My 2 cents at least.

FO/FS Thread : http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Looking to buy and sell arcade / JAMMA game boards? PM me!
I also sell eproms, eeproms, sram, 74LS/HC and other various parts for repros. Message me for details. 
Looking for arcade machine buyers in Florida and surrounding states. Have games, will travel. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:06:21 AM
VenusSatanas (0)
(Venus Satanas) < Crack Trooper >
Florida
Howbout adding a woman moderator? it might level the playing field if any of this stuff goes down.

By the way, there are other chat/video applications, [like the one at my site]. It allows you to see two cams without a subscription, but with a subscription you can see more cams. It's also easier to ban/moderate, less popular than tinychat, and less likely to crash on a regular basis. I purposely did not choose tinychat for my site because of their known connection issues. Tinychat used to be good but they got to big for their own britches, and they don't fix problems on a regular basis.

also i'd liek to mention that i am a type 2 - collector/gamer  .. my husband does *not* understand my obsession with gaming and collecting but he supports it anyway which is SOO sweet

"Kyu...Kyu.."

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 11:09 AM by VenusSatanas

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:18:00 AM
GameBoyScotty (48)
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
inappropriate post given the subject matter

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 11:45 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:43:16 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Originally posted by: VenusSatanas

Howbout adding a woman moderator? it might level the playing field if any of this stuff goes down.

By the way, there are other chat/video applications, [like the one at my site]. It allows you to see two cams without a subscription, but with a subscription you can see more cams. It's also easier to ban/moderate, less popular than tinychat, and less likely to crash on a regular basis. I purposely did not choose tinychat for my site because of their known connection issues. Tinychat used to be good but they got to big for their own britches, and they don't fix problems on a regular basis.

also i'd liek to mention that i am a type 2 - collector/gamer  .. my husband does *not* understand my obsession with gaming and collecting but he supports it anyway which is SOO sweet

The chat issue has already been addressed, there is no more NA chat, so no more issues.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:43:37 AM
technicalfoul (26)
(Dylan B-D) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: VenusSatanas

Making somebody a mod just because she's a woman is a bit silly, especially since clearly the male mods (and the majority of members) are already sensitive to this issue as it is. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:03:13 PM
guest384716 (0)

< Little Mac >
New York
i seriously thought that NA was 100% male. i had no idea women were on this site. i am not joking. overall though i am surprised ppl talk about other ppl's personal life here. there are sex website msg boards or heck, even craigslist forums - it has it all, atheism, vegan, msm, you name it - to do that kinda stuff. this is just a gaming website and yes even with the everything else board, i notice ppl only offer advice or help, not chit chat about others. makes no sense to get involved in personal things like that here.

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:41:33 PM
SsPpAaMm (65)
(shawn ) < El Ripper >
United States
What about some of the half dressed pictures of women in some of the NSFW threads? I think there is even a few pictures with naked tits a showing.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&...  (as an example)

Would this be considered sexual harassment towards women?

edit: Bah.  I didnt notice how old this thread was before typing in my 2 cents. 

The collection :
Super Nintendo: 251          Genesis: 203
original gameboy: 142       Gameboy color: 109
NES: 232                         Gameboy Advance: 112
N64: 21                            HB / repos / other: 1
Total cart based games: 1071

Edited: 08/08/2012 at 03:48 PM by SsPpAaMm

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:49:16 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
No that was not what was meant by sexual harassment, please reread the OP's post and see if it makes sense, if not please feel free to PM me to discuss.

The NSFW thread you linked has clear indicators of having NOT SAFE FOR WORK pictures, aka half dressed women.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:15:43 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
Didn't realize how old post was. Gettin my edit on...

Edited: 10/01/2012 at 10:29 PM by #####

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:33:59 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Yeah, I would almost say lock this topic. It's not relevant (not the policy, just how along ago this all took place) and I got confused when it popped up.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:16:35 AM
DreamStar (17)
(Bryan Sensei) < King Solomon >
United States
I believe commits sexual in nature ,or commits that are about some one's nationallity ,religion or culture or anything discriminating should be forbidden on na.

Do unto other's as you have them do unto you: Matthew 7:12

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:01:48 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
/\ You are correct. Any type of harassment that attacks a person specifically for such reasons in unacceptable and be handled appropriately by the mod squad.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:35:14 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
(Bubble Bobble 2) < Little Mac >
Florida
i didnt even know we had a chat room. where is this located

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:40:44 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
We no longer have it

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:42:04 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
There is no official NA chat anymore. A few people have the link to a chat room that some people here frequent in their signature, look around.