NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
May 11, 2007 at 2:26:28 AM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States

Hello all

fficeffice" />>>

I have just recently begun collecting NES games and I just happened to find this site by chance.  What luck!.  I had quite a few games as a kid and kept all of them in great condition.  I received my Nintendo around 88 and have kept it stored and in great shape over the years, breaking it out every once and a while for old times sake.  I acquired a few more games in college from friends who no longer were interested in NES (N64 was big back then).  Over the past few months I have slowly built my collection to close to 500 different carts (nothing really rare, but just the basics).  I would like to have a complete collection some day, but I am a realist, that may never happen.  I am having a great time collecting though.  Right now I am going with carts only, but reading all the great debates in your forms, I may at some point have to start looking at manuals and boxes.

I have been reading all the posts you guys have in the forums and think it is about time I join in the fun.

I really have not had much luck finding game at garage sales and the such, most of my purchases have been at local stores or Ebay.  I would like to look at trading some at some point.

I hope I can add some value to this site.  My knowledge is limited, but I have been trying to read all I can about the history of the NES and I find it really interesting.   

-------------------------

May 11, 2007 at 2:33:59 AM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Welcome to the site This is the place to be if you want to learn anything related to the NES!

Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!

May 11, 2007 at 7:12:29 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
First off WELCOME!!

Second, are you from TN? If so what part? Would be nice to have another collector in the same state as me. Right now I am on the only real collector that I know lives here.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 11, 2007 at 7:53:14 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Welcome and glad to have you with us. I've just recently started collecting in October of this past year and it's amazing how much my collection has grown too! Hope you enjoy being with us here at Nintendoage!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

May 11, 2007 at 8:13:15 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Welcome to NA! 500 games is a pretty damn good start. I'm still at about 370 myself. Just like the others said, this is the best place to learn from people who are willing to share with beginners.

May 11, 2007 at 9:03:42 AM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States
Well, I am originally from Tennessee (Memphis area), but now live in Arkansas.

I'm sure I will have several questions from time to time, thanks for making me feel welcome guys.

May 13, 2007 at 10:08:07 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
welcome actually from my experience if you have the money to buy big lots on ebay it is actually cheaper than buying them at yard sales and flea markets.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.