Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

a place for "international" topics A place where you could post threads in other languages

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:43:46 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
AtariAge.com has these kind of topics, but NA doesn't. I think it would be nice to do this since a decent amount of people on NA speak another language than english. What do you think?

-------------------------
"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:53:01 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I'm not against the idea, but the problem is they would be difficult for us to moderate. It's too cumbersome to copy and paste every post into a translater.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:53:30 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Ես կարծում եմ, որ դա մի մեծ գաղափար. Գուցե մենք կարող ենք նույնիսկ օգտագործել Nintendo մարզերում tags տարբեր լեզուներով.

^ That says ^

I think that's a great idea! Perhaps we can even used the Nintendo region tags for different languages.

[ASI] Asia (Chinese)
[FRA] France
[SCN] Scandanavia
[ITA] Italy
[JPN] Japan
[KOR] Korea
[ESP] Spain

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:38:17 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Depending on the database backend, Dain might be able to set it up so that you can specify the language you want to view it in, and it will automatically translate it, though that might pull some horsepower from the server.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:46:36 PM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
What would be the benefit? As long as people will excuse some bad grammar & mistakes we can understand eachother. In my own language there`s already a great forum where i can talk dutch all the time. If you don`t have such a thing for your own country / language i can understand the wish for a Multi language NA.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:02:06 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
I agree with Dennis. I dont think we want to divide the community by language. One of the cool things about NA is the fact that we have a somewhat diverse group of people posting from all over the world.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:03:13 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Ես կարծում եմ, որ դա մի մեծ գաղափար. Գուցե մենք կարող ենք նույնիսկ օգտագործել Nintendo մարզերում tags տարբեր լեզուներով.

^ That says ^

I think that's a great idea! Perhaps we can even used the Nintendo region tags for different languages.

[ASI] Asia (Chinese)
[FRA] France
[SCN] Scandanavia
[ITA] Italy
[JPN] Japan
[KOR] Korea
[ESP] Spain

I'm not really opposed to this idea, putting a region code in the title to tell the readers the thread is in another language. But I do think that most of the people that visit this site know enough English to communicate without too many issues. I think by doing this, however, the person is going to alienate a lot of the population of the site, and that's not really in the spirit of a community IMO. Again, I'm not opposed to people posting in their native language, but it does add a layer of complexity regarding moderation that may not end up working out well.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:48:27 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Is there a rule against posting threads in non-English?

If not, fire away.