(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Who thinks this will end early?

I do

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:56:48 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Apparently the guy has already had offers and it is still going, so I think this one is gonna run its course.

Exciting that this was found in south carolina.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:05:39 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Gameboy

I have a PAL version of Stadium Event and I'm happy with that so I don't even bother to get the NTSC version.
I didn't understand how to play the game anyway...
But at least I can brag about having a SE

I have an NTSC version of Stadium Events. It's called World Class Track Meet.

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:10:01 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: dangevin

Originally posted by: Gameboy

I have a PAL version of Stadium Event and I'm happy with that so I don't even bother to get the NTSC version.
I didn't understand how to play the game anyway...
But at least I can brag about having a SE

I have an NTSC version of Stadium Events. It's called World Class Track Meet.

I've got one too - but it has Super Mario and Duck Hunt on the same cart!  Do you think it's rare?

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:24:00 PM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Three games on one cart! Got to be worth at least half as much as those 6-in-1 cartridges, then!

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:11:28 PM
michael242 (43)
(King Neptune) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I will tell you what will happen.

1) Someone contacts seller to sell cheap

2) Someone else contacts seller and tells them what they have

3) Seller then refunds money to guy #1

4) Seller now puts a BIN for 1500

5) #1 guy is pissed and #2 guy still doesnt get it

I played Milk and Nuts today...... Boy does that suck!

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:27:38 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ Would've already happened, Mike. He's surely been contacted a bunch, but the auction is still up... should be fun to watch the last few minutes of this one!

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:46:18 PM
pedro! (24)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Pedro Games) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
How hard would it have been for this guy to lay all four games out flat for this picture, instead of this retarded domino effect he has going on?

WWW.PEDROGAMES.COM

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:37:31 PM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
Originally posted by: pedro!

How hard would it have been for this guy to lay all four games out flat for this picture, instead of this retarded domino effect he has going on?

When I asked the seller for more pictures, I was told that they were "out of town" until Sunday, and that pics of the individual games would be up then. We'll see, I guess.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:36:25 PM
michael242 (43)
United States
When I asked the seller for more pictures, I was told that they were "out of town" until Sunday, and that pics of the individual games would be up then. We'll see, I guess.

That smells like PAL SE to me

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:57:32 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: michael242

That smells like PAL SE to me

It's definitly not a PAL SE,it's the NTSC one,  you can tell that much from the picture that is up there now.

Edited: 02/01/2008 at 08:58 PM by jaredkk

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:19:41 PM
michael242 (43)
United States
Yeah just weird how the do that domino affect and out of town I hope its all legit and not missing 90% of label

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:21:33 PM
pedro! (24)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Pedro Games) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
I'm just wondering if the bottom of the label looks good enough to be worth my max bid.

WWW.PEDROGAMES.COM

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:20:05 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Im sure there are a lot of games still out there, probally more than anyone would belive. When the nes came out gaming was pretty big by then. It wasnt like when the atari came out not to many people could afford a atari at first. quite a few years ago I hung adds everywhere looking for atari games, I got a lot of calls from people who still had atari's and games. So Im sure there is 10 times more people out there with nintendo stuff. I may do the same thing with nes  hang some signs. Only problem with putting up a add or flyer  the people know your wanting the item and its hard to bargin with them. I would get calls from people with atari games but they would want a arm and a leg so I passed on a lot of stuff. But that said  Im sure there is a lot more stadium event cartridges out there but as far as the box and manual  Im sure there are very very few around.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:18:11 AM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
NY test release? I have said to people on many occasions I saw this for sale at Woolworth's in Coral Gables, FL back in the day.

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:04:48 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Dude, you can totally see the rips in the SE label, look at it!!!!! The reason it's on the bottom isn't because it's PAL. It's because he got them at a yard sale for nothing and the SE is most likely JACKED UP horribly, hence it's on the bottom. He obviously had no idea what it was worth until now and so when putting up the eBay pic he just figured hey I will put the nicest shape one on top. I'll bet the SE label is F*cked!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:12:28 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Well if a cigarette burn didn't matter, a bad label surely won't. It is what it is.

And Jason, I've never heard your story but when I first started hunting as late as a year ago, best information was that this was an NY-only release, that was the explanation as to its scarcity. In the past year though (mostly due to this site) this has pretty well been debunked, also with carts turning up in Canada and on the west coast.

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:22:57 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington

I guess that is personal opinion Dan.  The label is the most important part of the cart to me, a cigarette burn wouldn't bug me as much as a ripped up label.  I guess because carts are just plastic and every game is pretty much the same plastic cart, the label is what makes the game unique for me, kinda like when someone mentioned on here like a year ago "What will happen when all the games stop working?"  "Will we trade them like baseball cards based on the labels?"

Oh and that is most definetly not PAL, the PAL version SE has Stadium with Events underneath it.  The NTSC has Stadium Events written out across one line like the one in the pic.  Here is a repost of my SE collection.  The top one is the PAL, see how Stadium Events is broken up versus the NTSC version.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:23:09 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta

Well if a cigarette burn didn't matter, a bad label surely won't. It is what it is.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, having a nice label with a cartridge burn is 100% better than having a mint cart but a fubar'd label.  I wouldn't pay $500 for this cart, just based on the damage at the top of the label, let alone what's hidden from our view.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:12:38 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
I was merely speaking in terms of what it will close for, alluding to the record high the burned one got. It won't matter one bit in terms of the bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

I don't care either way. I'll go after placeholder games if I can pay FMV or less for them, knowing I can resell when another comes along.

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:13:29 AM
Dukert27 (42)
(Chris Falkner) < El Ripper >
Arkansas

I was merely speaking in terms of what it will close for, alluding to the record high the burned one got. It won't matter one bit in terms of the bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2701...

I don't care either way. I'll go after placeholder games if I can pay FMV or less for them, knowing I can resell when another comes along.

wow that was in arkansas. thats where im from. did the guy who sold it get it from here or somewhere else??

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
~ Benjamin Franklin

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:28:56 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Getting down to crunch time on this one...looks like DreamTR is in the lead .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:45:07 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I thought the seller was going to post more pictures???

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:51:37 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Yeah, I thought so, too...that's probably why it's sitting at only $660 right now as opposed to $900-$1100...

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:46:11 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
^I agree. I'm sure there's someone out there willing to take that thousand dollar gamble though. I've got to think that with all of the emails the seller has been getting that if the label on the SE was in good shape at the bottom there would have been more pics in a heartbeat.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms