Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Like button for posts! Can we get one?

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:52:30 PM
Crystalis (1)
(Robert Pfeil) < Little Mac >
Texas
Title and Summary say it but to elaborate.....Several times I come across someones post that I chuckled about or liked and just wanted a button to smash saying "Hey Crystalis liked your post!" 

Is this a possibility?

Also on a side note....the lack of emojis is killing me. Please add more!!! thanks!

Edited: 12/27/2016 at 10:53 PM by Crystalis

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:06:59 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Already suggested.  

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

-------------------------

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:11:21 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I dont think so Tim.

And the purple gannon is the only emoji you need.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:14:05 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
This is a forum, not Facebook, don't need any useless crap like that.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:16:56 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I'm not a fan, but I get the interest. Just doesn't feel like it would fit here.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:38:06 PM
Crystalis (1)
Texas
Well everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but seeing as three moderators don't care for the idea then I assume it won't be a change...lol

I personally think a like button would be great as it's a way of saying...."Thanks", "Sup", "Heard", "I see You" etc. without quoting a post and taking up the space on a thread page just for some simple comment of the such. As for being like "Facebook" no I am not looking for the jazz FB offers and personally I don't care for FB nor any other Social media besides Insta and forums that pertain to my liking.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:44:05 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Crystalis

Well everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but seeing as three moderators don't care for the idea then I assume it won't be a change...lol

I personally think a like button would be great as it's a way of saying...."Thanks", "Sup", "Heard", "I see You" etc. without quoting a post and taking up the space on a thread page just for some simple comment of the such. As for being like "Facebook" no I am not looking for the jazz FB offers and personally I don't care for FB nor any other Social media besides Insta and forums that pertain to my liking.

We dont get to make those decisions, so if enough of the community wanted it to be then it may happen.  It has been addressed and the majority doesn't care for it. 

And don't worry about taking up forum space unless you are spamming nonsense. If you want to tell someone you agree or LOL'd at their comment feel free to do so. 

Edited: 12/27/2016 at 11:46 PM by MrWunderful

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:45:39 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Why would you specifically point out mods? Other people expressed their opinion in the link I provided. It was not just mods that were against this idea. Don't point out mods to be the only ones against it... just saying.  

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:46:23 PM
Crystalis (1)
Texas
I gotcha....No biggie, I'll just keep quoting posts.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:52:46 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Just have something that puts likes on my posts whenever I post. Enough likes to cover the membership. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:06:24 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
yeah, still not a big fan. I get it, some forums do it, but I feel like things have gone pretty smoothly here without the feature imo.

Let's Go Penguins!

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:07:04 AM
Crystalis (1)
Texas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Why would you specifically point out mods? Other people expressed their opinion in the link I provided. It was not just mods that were against this idea. Don't point out mods to be the only ones against it... just saying.  

Your link does not exactly pertain specifically to this post and honestly after the first post I saw with the idea of a "like" and a "dislike" button I closed it out and didn't read further. I never said it was just mods that were against it, specifically in this post the three whom posted against it were mods. So technically that's who was against it at the moment....Also I don't see the issue, with what you seem to be saying, in commenting on them disliking the idea just because they are mods? Moderators or not I don't put anyone above or lower than me, we are equals and therefore mine or anyone else's thought's should be equally expressed.

I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a ranting post about the like idea...I get it, it's not favored around here and that is fine with me, I can do with it or without it.  

Edited: 12/28/2016 at 12:09 AM by Crystalis

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:16:55 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Your link does not exactly pertain specifically to this post and honestly after the first post I saw with the idea of a "like" and a "dislike" button I closed it out and didn't read further. I never said it was just mods that were against it, specifically in this post the three whom posted against it were mods. So technically that's who was against it at the moment....Also I don't see the issue, with what you seem to be saying, in commenting on them disliking the idea just because they are mods? Moderators or not I don't put anyone above or lower than me, we are equals and therefore mine or anyone else's thought's should be equally expressed.

I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a ranting post about the like idea...I get it, it's not favored around here and that is fine with me, I can do with it or without it.  

I must be misreading or something... how does that thread I linked not relate?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:21:13 AM
Crystalis (1)
Texas

It does relate...It just does not relate in the manner I feel your regarding it in towards me commenting directly on the mods who disagree'd with the comment in THIS specific thread.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:27:41 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

It does relate...It just does not relate in the manner I feel your regarding it in towards me commenting directly on the mods who disagree'd with the comment in THIS specific thread.

I linked it to provide a thread that was recently done concerning your suggestion. The suggestion in that thread had various users of this community voice their opinions. If I remember correctly most did not like the idea.

Calling out the mods is something that I do not believe needs to be done, considering various other members did not like the idea, which is similar to yours, so singling them out does nothing more than shinining a bad light to mods by saying "Hey these 3 mods are against it, there goes that idea" when clearly others are against the like/dislike button.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but a little research would have shown you that people were against this idea to begin with and it was an idea that was recently brought up.  

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:03:25 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I think something got lost in translation between you guys haha. Seems like we all have a general understanding between us but something minor is complicating things more than it should.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:07:29 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: mattbep

I think something got lost in translation between you guys haha. Seems like we all have a general understanding between us but something minor is complicating things more than it should.

*Mega Tank has given this reply a thumbs up!* Boomshakalaka!  

I think there was a misunderstanding with one of my replies. No big deal, no harm intended.  

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:06:12 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Originally posted by: mattbep

*Mega Tank has given this reply a thumbs up!* Boomshakalaka!   I think there was a misunderstanding with one of my replies. No big deal, no harm intended.  

I am not really that into the idea of likes, but I am totally down with a Boomshakalaka button. Please take note of my opinion.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:27:07 AM
final fight cd (57)
(serious mustache ) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I get the appeal, but I don't think I like it.

another forum I use utilizes this. I feel like many of the members focus on getting "likes" and then proceed brag when they receive their 500th, 1000th, etc "like." who the fuck gives a fuck. that's what I say. so if this would be implemented, you can surely add the "i just received my xxxth "like!!!!!" thread to go along with the other "I've been a member for x amount of years" and "i just made xxx amount of posts!!!" threads. they see it as a sign of status and that's how many people here would likely treat it as.

Edited: 12/28/2016 at 03:33 AM by final fight cd

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:50:33 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
This forum used to have that feature, and I went out of my way to remove it (and several others) intentionally. Call me a minimalist, but I like things simple, even if to a fault.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:16:18 AM
Crystalis (1)
Texas

Calling out the mods is something that I do not believe needs to be done, considering various other members did not like the idea, which is similar to yours, so singling them out does nothing more than shinining a bad light to mods by saying "Hey these 3 mods are against it, there goes that idea" when clearly others are against the like/dislike button. I am not trying to be a jerk, but a little research would have shown you that people were against this idea to begin with and it was an idea that was recently brought up.  

My original comment was not intended to single out moderators, it was a very lightly made comment with a bit of a chuckle at the end. That is what I am in disagreement with being accused of and honestly we could sit hear and argue it but it comes down to opinion and the way things were taken out of context and it's not worth it in the end. 

As far as the degree that others have witnessed the like button going then I also would have to say I would be in disagreement of it. It's not designed as competition to see who can get the most likes and bragging rights and awards for being liked and blah blah blah but I could surely see it possibly going that route. So i'd say this horse is dead  

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:53:47 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Where's the dislike button?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:09:52 PM
dquiros (106)
(David Quiros) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Where's the dislike button?

LOL Like. 

edit: possible mod edit

Edited: 12/28/2016 at 12:16 PM by dquiros

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:34:27 PM
GreatGadon (3)
(Robert ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
instead of "likes" we should be able to click "Boomshakalaka!" or "He's on fire!"

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:10:33 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Playas Guide Logo