Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My latest project

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:53:42 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I've officially given up on this thread.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Dec 13, 2014 at 2:59:53 PM
Aaendi (0)

(Andy Koenigs) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Is it really that bad?

Dec 13, 2014 at 3:03:31 PM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I finally got the ROM to work (my fault really, I haven't used SNES emulators in forever and kept derping around with bsnes, then snes9x worked...), and waited for a level to load as you suggested. Very impressive! Are you planning on turning this into a full game? Nice work. I think we all owe you an apology, all the same though, try to give more of an intro to something verbally up front especially if there's something odd like long level loading times...it threw me off for a bit hehe. The rotation of the big leafy boss guy was amazing. You got some skills dude.

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 12/13/2014 at 04:05 PM by GradualGames

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:26:59 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: GradualGames

I finally got the ROM to work (my fault really, I haven't used SNES emulators in forever and kept derping around with bsnes, then snes9x worked...), and waited for a level to load as you suggested. Very impressive! Are you planning on turning this into a full game? Nice work. I think we all owe you an apology, all the same though, try to give more of an intro to something verbally up front especially if there's something odd like long level loading times...it threw me off for a bit hehe. The rotation of the big leafy boss guy was amazing. You got some skills dude.

I agree, especially on the bolded (by myself) part.
Explain a bit what a creative work is about, help others understanding it.

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:06:39 PM
DoNotWant (1)

(Ham Sammich) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
Originally posted by: Aaendi

Is it really that bad?
I hope this isn't directed towards me, since I never thought it was bad at all. I tried it on real hardware with a SD2SNES BTW, works great.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:34:58 PM
Aaendi (0)

(Andy Koenigs) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: DoNotWant

Originally posted by: Aaendi

Is it really that bad?
I hope this isn't directed towards me, since I never thought it was bad at all. I tried it on real hardware with a SD2SNES BTW, works great.

I was directing it towards KHAN.

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:05:26 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
Basically he took the time to find a snes emulator that works with the rom, then launched the file only to see nothing.

By simply posting a video, or an explanation on what it was/is it would have helped and saved time instead of having the first 10 posts trying to figure out what this was. For example, I primarily use a mac, is it worth it for me to try and find a MAC snes emulator to try out. We are spoiled and lazy these days

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:10:36 PM
VGS_Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Are there any screens, or can someone post a brief description of the game?

Videogamesage.com

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:14:43 PM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
My description: it's a female, anime-like protagonist, very detailed animation, with parallax scrolling, slopes, and fighting a big boss who appears to be covered in leaves, and there are many projectiles or explosion sprites that are animated as well. The big boss guy has a lot of rotation in the animation. It's a very impressive demo, I sure as heck wouldn't be able to pull something like that off. Not right away or easily anyhow hahahah! I DO think we all owe Aendi an apology. He posted a neat demo and we were all like DURR WE CAN'T WAIT MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS TO SEE IF SOMETHING WORKS. hahahahahahah. I recommend downloading it and trying it in SNES9x, it's worth a look. I hope he does something cool with it eventually! Not that it isn't a worthy hobby to churn out cool demos, I just personally want to see more games is all!

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 12/14/2014 at 06:16 PM by GradualGames

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:44:36 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
I made a quick video if anyone is interested:

It looks like youtube's 30fps cut off a lot of the graphics making the character invisible quite often. I didn't run it though my post/processing that I usually do to combine frames.