Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dreamworld Pogie Issues

May 17, 2017 at 12:18:28 AM
Phosis (1)
< Cherub >
I know it's pretty niche since it was a Kickstarter and all, but if anyone has recieved it (NTSC specifically) I was curious if anyone was aware of isses with Dreamworld Pogie running on the AVS? The problems seem entirely intermittent and I haven't been able to consistently replicate them but when I play the game sometimes it will present a bunch of horrible graphical glitches/garbage and and lock up entirely. 

Thanks. If anyone else is having issues I will post any findings of mine as well.

May 17, 2017 at 7:04:50 PM
Phosis (1)
< Cherub >
Talking to myself here, but I spoke to the Main Man behind the AVS and he confirmed what I was thinking; pretty sure Dreamworld Pogie uses the same hardware as the Super Aladdin games which are also confirmed to have problems. (Dizzy, etc.) That being said, he mentioned that compatibility for those games is something he'd like to implement in a firmware update later on. Again I have not confirmed a cartridge issue but based on the fact that other Super Aladdin games have these issues, I'm guessing it is specific to the AVS. I tested this on firmware 1.00 and 1.20b6. 

The game is playable to a degree, but level 3 is a garbled mess. I managed to get to level 7 before a game over, but the game randomly freezing seems to occur specifically during a death or gathering a power up, though I cannot replicate the problem accurately. Essentially the screen will be filled with graphical garbage and either continue to play (but be more or less unplayable since you cannot tell what is going on) or freeze up, music still playing. Hitting start and select will restart the game in a normal state, and in my experience, finishing a level when graphical issues are occuring will also load the next level up in a normal state. So not necessarily a total bust, but I wouldn't call it a "good" experience; VERY unstable.

May 18, 2017 at 10:52:19 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Out of curiosity, what's a "Super Aladdin?" Are you talking about the standard Aladdin Deck Enhancer & its carts, or is this some unreleased, additional thing that I've thus far missed out on? Not being snarky, just honestly curious and not finding any great answers via Google.

-------------------------
Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

May 18, 2017 at 11:52:33 AM
Phosis (1)
< Cherub >
Yeah I did a double take on this and I don't know where I came up with the "Super Aladdin". I guess in my brain it sounded cooler so I went with it. I was definitely referring to the Aladdin Deck Enhancer, etc.

Edited: 05/18/2017 at 11:53 AM by Phosis

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:26:22 PM
GoMordecai (1)
< Cherub >
Other
I have experienced the same issues. I have not been able to get through the first level with the AVS, but works fine on my toaster. Glitches happen at different points in the first level on the AVS.