Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Rock-afire Odyssey [pic-heavy] Such an awesome way to wrap up Campout 2012

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:22:36 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Awww Jeff, you were one adorable kid! What the hell happened? Just kidding, harharharharhar! That Billy Bob costume looks really skinny or different for some reason, perhaps it didn't have all the inner support straps that Thrash's does. His looks really wide in the movie.

-------------------------
Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:29:56 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I totally didn't get invited for the trip, though I did think you were crazy.

This, honestly, was the first story I told my friends when I got home and they asked how it was. Actually, I ended it with, "that pretty much sums the whole thing up."

I think you guys may be my new heroes.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:26:15 PM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: bigjt_2

Awww Jeff, you were one adorable kid! What the hell happened? Just kidding, harharharharhar! That Billy Bob costume looks really skinny or different for some reason, perhaps it didn't have all the inner support straps that Thrash's does. His looks really wide in the movie.

Hehe, I had my moments.

That costume was the original style when they first opened.  I was down day one Showbiz came to town! lol
Guessing the redesigned one you're talking about came several years later.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:43:34 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
I watched the documentary today and it was awesome. It's crazy that the Rock-afire Explosion was completely wiped from my memory until I watched it. It definitely brought me back. The same Showbiz I visited as a kid is still there, as Chuck E Cheese of course, but still there. Many good times were had there.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:50:19 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Really want to watch this doc now. So many fond memories at Showbiz back in the day. Awesome story guys!

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:55:37 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Awesome pics Jeff! Thanks for sharing. I say next campout, Group trip and hope his show is up and running.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:57:35 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I think the 2012 Campout Icon need to have Showbiz in there somewhere.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:30:12 AM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Dain

I think the 2012 Campout Icon need to have Showbiz in there somewhere.

If not, those 2 deserve a special icon for this quest.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:28:48 PM
thewalrusisal (42)
(Minister Pumpkin) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I just ordered this DVD.

NintendoID:  TheWalrus
3DS Friend Code:  3093-8213-0883
PSN: TheWalrusIsAl

I buy and collect the game, but if you guys can give me any insight on the game I like game to game game game game? - Blastocystosis

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:37:20 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
For anybody else that wants to watch it. It's currently streaming for free on Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/213600...

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:35:50 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I watched this drunk in a loop for hours and it was so mezmorizing I could not look away. Then when I heard jt talking about going I thought he was crazy along with everyone else but did think it would be cool at the same time. I did spend the rest of the campout leading up to JT and jober actually going asking if he was going to see if he was going to chicken out. Kind of made it my goal to keep on JT until he actaully went . I am so proud they did and kinda wish I would of went as well but 6 hours there and 6 hours back then having to drive 13+ hours home would do me in.
Also note I was thinking of this on the way home and part way back I started hallucinating from exaustion and bordom and before I new it part of my windshield turned into a hand holding a paltter with a slice of pizza on it. Thank god dan was with me to get me back to reality before I clipped the back of a semi. Anyways Congrats guys and I hope I can go with next time. Maybe we can visit the warehouse where it all began.

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Edited: 06/29/2012 at 10:40 PM by Megamanfan

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:38:08 PM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
its a great doc , i seen it a few times and its super cool
nice pics man

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:08:05 AM
Taco! (202)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Jobber8742

I like how we invited every single person at the campout to go with us and they all turned us down, now they all regret their decision to turn down our offer. Chris said we are welcome back with other people at the next campout in 2 years and that he hopes he'll have it up and running again by then.

Not EVERY person at camp out, I would of gone. I don't care if the cops had gotten called, it would of been worth the car ride to see JT try to explain this to Alabama police officers.

FO/FS Thread : http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Looking to buy and sell arcade / JAMMA game boards? PM me!
I also sell eproms, eeproms, sram, 74LS/HC and other various parts for repros. Message me for details. 
Looking for arcade machine buyers in Florida and surrounding states. Have games, will travel. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:53:28 AM
bigjt_2 (17)
Indiana
Originally posted by: Megamanfan

Anyways Congrats guys and I hope I can go with next time. Maybe we can visit the warehouse where it all began.

Yeah, you better be comming with us next time, punk!  As far as visiting the warehouse, Quack has been talking to Aaron Fechter.  And Aaron told him he gives tours of the Creative Engineering warehouse for a fee.  Maybe we need to plan a Florida get together and stay at Penguin's since he lives in Orlando where the warehouse is.  Penguin's probably not comfortable with me in his home, though, fwaa-hahaha!

Originally posted by: Taco!

Not EVERY person at camp out, I would of gone. I don't care if the cops had gotten called, it would of been worth the car ride to see JT try to explain this to Alabama police officers.
Ah-hem!  I'm pretty sure you were invited, sir!  I remember invitng you while you, me, Josh, and Smeagol were partaking in "recreational" activities in Paul's shed.  That didn't sound good.  But you know what I'm talking about.  And Randy, I'm pretty sure you got invited too, foo!  The Alabama police don't scare me.  They can be easily bribed with chocolate-covered fried chicken or tricked with one of my riddles.  But if Boss Hogg would have shown up, that would have sucked.  No one tricks Boss Hogg.

Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

--Otto Hanson
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:59:25 AM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois

Anyways Congrats guys and I hope I can go with next time. Maybe we can visit the warehouse where it all began.

Yeah, you better be comming with us next time, punk!  As far as visiting the warehouse, Quack has been talking to Aaron Fechter.  And Aaron told him he gives tours of the Creative Engineering warehouse for a fee.  Maybe we need to plan a Florida get together and stay at Penguin's since he lives in Orlando where the warehouse is.  Penguin's probably not comfortable with me in his home, though, fwaa-hahaha!

For a fee? What a jerk. He's certainly no Chris Trash. I'd still go though.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:18:11 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
What kinda fee we talking? I would be down for a trip to Orlando, visit my old stompin grounds. I've got family in Apopka I can stay with.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:42:23 PM
Taco! (202)
< El Ripper >
United States

Ah-hem!  I'm pretty sure you were invited, sir!  I remember invitng you while you, me, Josh, and Smeagol were partaking in "recreational" activities in Paul's shed.  That didn't sound good.  But you know what I'm talking about.  And Randy, I'm pretty sure you got invited too, foo!  The Alabama police don't scare me.  They can be easily bribed with chocolate-covered fried chicken or tricked with one of my riddles.  But if Boss Hogg would have shown up, that would have sucked.  No one tricks Boss Hogg.

When did hammer time greased lightning bareback become a "recreational" activity?

I don't remember the offer but I remember you trying to drive the shed to Alabama.

FO/FS Thread : http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Looking to buy and sell arcade / JAMMA game boards? PM me!
I also sell eproms, eeproms, sram, 74LS/HC and other various parts for repros. Message me for details. 
Looking for arcade machine buyers in Florida and surrounding states. Have games, will travel. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:04:46 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: Taco!

You think for a guy who seems proud in what he made he would kindly show people it for free.  Besides doesnt he already have gobs of money and a hot wife as well.  I think if we visit JT you should try to seduce the women for a free tour.  Show her how your Assimilate game works and give her the probe

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:37:00 AM
bigjt_2 (17)
Indiana

Show her how your Assimilate game works and give her the probe

My nerdy ass would probably take the "show her how your game works" literally and start showing her code to try to impress her.  Then not only would I fail to get laid, the rest of you would definitely not get laid just for being associated with me.  What can I say?  I have that power with women.

--Otto Hanson
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:22:43 AM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I found this. I been to this place before as a kid. So many memories

Edited: 07/03/2012 at 02:04 PM by Megamanfan

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:15:16 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Actaully I was in the one in the maplewood mall before it closed