Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Apr 15 at 11:27:01 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
They...

They do know that these are just CIB right?

CIB and Sealed should not have parity.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 04/15/2019 at 11:27 AM by PowerPlayers

Apr 15 at 11:34:42 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Sure is, but if you look at it long term and these prices keep up the way they are, finding a first print that nice is extremely difficult. The only imperfection on the entire thing is a small discoloration spot on the top of the box, which you can't see in the WATA case. Given there are only like 7 known first prints sealed, it would make sense if pristine CIbs like this make a huge rise. You might not see another 9.4 for a year or two. In the collectibles community, that's a big deal.

hahahah spoken like the former owner.  Congrats!

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 15 at 11:58:23 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
How do you even know it's a first print? There's 3 different 5 digit codes on the inner flap on a left justified bros, and only one of those is the true first print. If people are going crazy over TM / R / * variants on black box stuff then codes matter on games of this magnitude as well.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 15 at 12:13:52 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

Sure is, but if you look at it long term and these prices keep up the way they are, finding a first print that nice is extremely difficult. The only imperfection on the entire thing is a small discoloration spot on the top of the box, which you can't see in the WATA case. Given there are only like 7 known first prints sealed, it would make sense if pristine CIbs like this make a huge rise. You might not see another 9.4 for a year or two. In the collectibles community, that's a big deal.

Not the past, that’s done. Thinkin’ about the future, bro!

LOL

Apr 15 at 12:55:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

How do you even know it's a first print? There's 3 different 5 digit codes on the inner flap on a left justified bros, and only one of those is the true first print. If people are going crazy over TM / R / * variants on black box stuff then codes matter on games of this magnitude as well.

I don’t know, or care.   Opened = dirty  

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 15 at 12:56:15 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Not the past, that’s done. Thinkin’ about the future, bro!

LOL

Ha, nice!

Apr 15 at 8:45:28 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
For canadian buyers that win, do you have to pay import charges? What are the approximate shipping costs for a game? Thanks

Apr 17 at 2:24:27 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Oh baby, NWC gray 5.5 on HA. Can't wait to watch that one. To the mooooon.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-g...

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Apr 18 at 4:45:15 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo-world-champio...

Someone needs to tell them it's technically a Mario game first.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Apr 18 at 7:52:00 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Its not a "game" at all.

Apr 18 at 8:05:41 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

I'm very confused that it got a 5.5 based on the look of that label... and was shocked to learn that it held the 5.5 even after they say the label was likely re-applied.

Will be fun to watch of course.

Apr 18 at 8:06:18 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Its not a "game" at all.

Hold up, i've never heard *that* argument before.

I can get not including it in the set in the same way that Campus Challenge, test carts, prototypes, homebrews, and pirates aren't part of the set. But how can't it be called a game?

Apr 18 at 9:56:42 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

I'm very confused that it got a 5.5 based on the look of that label... and was shocked to learn that it held the 5.5 even after they say the label was likely re-applied.

Will be fun to watch of course.

The label is definitely reapplied. That's Adam's spare cart. To the best of my knowledge, he only sold it a month or so ago. Nice to see it went to a collector 🙄

Apr 19 at 9:16:36 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
 posted by: PowerPlayers

Its not a "game" at all.

I can get not including it in the set in the same way that Campus Challenge, test carts, prototypes, homebrews, and pirates aren't part of the set. But how can't it be called a game?

What’s the confusion?   It’s very clearly a timed mashup for contest purposes.    It’s a contest premium, for better or worse.    

Apr 19 at 12:25:30 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Its not a "game" at all.

What’s the confusion?   It’s very clearly a timed mashup for contest purposes.    It’s a contest premium, for better or worse.    

It doesn't matter why they made it. It is clearly a game. It was produced by Nintendo during the lifespan of the system. Two people can sit down and play it each trying to get the higher score. It is not a utility cartridge like say the game genie.

Apr 19 at 2:41:01 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Its not a "game" at all.

It doesn't matter why they made it. It is clearly a game. It was produced by Nintendo during the lifespan of the system. Two people can sit down and play it each trying to get the higher score. It is not a utility cartridge like say the game genie.

No, its not a utility cartridge exactly (although as a manipulation of existing code it actually has quite a bit in common with a game genie).  But let's leave that aside and say its not a utility cartridge.

Its certainly not a game in the convential sense, either.   Its a timed competition.

You and I can take copies of Bigguns to the washroom and see who finishes first, but I wouldn't really call that a game either.   That's a timed competition too.

Edited: 04/19/2019 at 03:24 PM by Bronty

Apr 19 at 4:05:45 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Buyatari

Its not a "game" at all.

No, its not a utility cartridge exactly (although as a manipulation of existing code it actually has quite a bit in common with a game genie).  But let's leave that aside and say its not a utility cartridge.

Its certainly not a game in the convential sense, either.   Its a timed competition.

You and I can take copies of Bigguns to the washroom and see who finishes first, but I wouldn't really call that a game either.   That's a timed competition too.

I guess I'd want to see the exact definition of what an NES game is that would exclude the NWC but allow for others like Taboo, Miracle Piano and Color a Dinosaur.

It is a short duration but you do control the outcome of the game and you do score points.

Apr 19 at 6:05:42 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
We aren't talking about Miracle Piano. I agree with your POV there.

Again, I go back to what I said to Leo first post. Its not a game. Its a mashup of three games, for purposes of a contest.

Is a two minute youtube clip mashed up from:
A) good will hunting;
B) the matrix; and
C) Lethal Weapon

For purposes of a drinking contest,

Really count as a separate "movie"?

C'mon.

---
Or, does an unreleased prototype with one miniscule change (a blade of grass or something) from the rom that was released count as a separate game?   Under your thinking, it would seem to.    I can sit down and play with a friend, and we can keep score.    Never mind it wasn't released and that the code is basically the same code of an actual release, with a tiny tweak.

Edited: 04/19/2019 at 06:37 PM by Bronty

Apr 19 at 6:15:44 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon

I'd come in 3rd in the world in that too.

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Edited: 04/19/2019 at 06:16 PM by Robin Mihara

Apr 19 at 6:16:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Robin Mihara

I'd come in 3rd in the world in that too.

BAHAHA!!!  lolololol

Apr 19 at 6:33:57 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
On a different point, I suppose every copy that ever goes to sale will have a reglued label now, since it was graded without (apparent) penalty.

I suppose since the labels were hand applied and hand glued wata can't tell if the glue is original or not (?) so gluing down the label gets a pass. That's my guess. Therefore, every once to HA.com is going to get the glue treatment to present better and ultimately get more money, I would guess. Kind of a shame really.

It also means any glued down prototype labels will probably get the same pass, I would guess?

Edited: 04/19/2019 at 06:35 PM by Bronty

Apr 19 at 6:44:19 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland

On a different point, I suppose every copy that ever goes to sale will have a reglued label now, since it was graded without (apparent) penalty.

I suppose since the labels were hand applied and hand glued wata can't tell if the glue is original or not (?) so gluing down the label gets a pass. That's my guess. Therefore, every once to HA.com is going to get the glue treatment to present better and ultimately get more money, I would guess. Kind of a shame really.

It also means any glued down prototype labels will probably get the same pass, I would guess?

#260 is quite noticeable if you look at the end label. You can actually see glue spillage around the label edges. If that matters at all 🤷🏽‍♂️. I personally don't think they should get a pass on this one. Opens the door for others now

Apr 19 at 6:56:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Not saying I agree with it, but that's what I see happening

Apr 19 at 7:57:26 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
The glue is noted on the Wata label at least. I don't really understand the cart grading scale based on the website.

6.0 has a tiny tear in the end label and some general surface wear
5.5 has a tic-tac sized gouge in the label, a tiny nick in the end label, and a scratched surface
5.0 has two half-tac-tac gouges and is overall dirty/worn
4.5 looks... fine? It has some general handling wear and scratches but the label looks totally fine. This one really confuses the scale for me. If these were Ebay pics, this is the only cart I would bid on of these.
4.0 has scratches and big ugly sticker residue but would be presentable with some Goo Gone.
3.5 and below is basically total junk.

What would you guys think is a more fair grade than 5.5 + Glue note?

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 04/19/2019 at 07:59 PM by DefaultGen

Apr 19 at 8:24:10 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
If we're at the point that collectors are touching up games to make them grade better then we *really* need to invest in getting a professional teach the community how to use reversible touch-up materials and methods.

There's reversible glue, reversible pigment / paint, even reversible lacquer in the art world. I'm sure we can benefit from basic research, if that's where we're at in this hobby.