Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Music Debate 12: Lil Xan With poll and ratings explanation

Jun 02 at 12:53:04 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: ZBomber

Originally posted by: ChocolateChipCharlie
Me since you decided to engage in a conversation about it, I induldge myself in the musical universe probabaly a hell of a lot more than you do.

Music is such a wide thing that literally everyone can have an opinion on it but like everything else lots of people aren't as educated in a particular subject just like anything else.

I am sure that I have 100x more musical education than you do and I can tell bullshit from non bullshit based upon notes that are being played, sure you can just say that music is an expression of someone or a collaborative group of people but let's be perfectly honest some people do it a hell of a lot better than others.

Find me a better guitar player than Allan Holdsworth, find me a better bass player than Jaco Pastorius, find me a better keyboard player than Keith Emerson, find me a better drummer than Tony Williams.

I'm completely open minded to any kind of suggestions that you have and would be 100% accepting if I felt a player you suggest can exemplify music in every sense possible (composition,feeling, execution of complete skill). Better than the above mentioned players.

I have selected these players based upon 10000s of hours of listening to various types of genres and I feel these are probably some of the best players I can think of on their instrument.

Thank you for the new copyapasta
Thanks for the well put together repsonses ya fucking dink.

-------------------------
Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 02 at 1:46:23 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

As someone who has purchased 1500+ physical albums, and plays guitar, I wish I had known those were the credentials for being "better at music" than everyone else. I should have been screaming that in people's faces for years!

...of course that would have been incredibly douchey and rubbed everyone the wrong way, but what can you do!

...totally gonna start doing that for Super Nintendo though.

It certainly means something compared to someone who hasn't.

I also don't give a fuck about any kind of "cred" I have on here at all.

Can't wait for the next piece of shit music poll to come out. Duur durr duurr fuckin Super Nintendo...Ya fuckin goyf.

Coulda fooled me as you laid out why everyone should bow down to your "cred" when it comes to music  

Thanks for finally giving us some debate though, you drunken mother fucker you.  We need this on a weekly basis 

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 06/02/2019 at 01:46 AM by Brock Landers

Jun 02 at 5:48:19 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

As someone who has purchased 1500+ physical albums, and plays guitar, I wish I had known those were the credentials for being "better at music" than everyone else. I should have been screaming that in people's faces for years!

...of course that would have been incredibly douchey and rubbed everyone the wrong way, but what can you do!

...totally gonna start doing that for Super Nintendo though.

It certainly means something compared to someone who hasn't.

I also don't give a fuck about any kind of "cred" I have on here at all.

Can't wait for the next piece of shit music poll to come out. Duur durr duurr fuckin Super Nintendo...Ya fuckin goyf.

Coulda fooled me as you laid out why everyone should bow down to your "cred" when it comes to music  

Thanks for finally giving us some debate though, you drunken mother fucker you.  We need this on a weekly basis 

Debate? I didn't see anyone come back with any kind of solid rebuttal at all just a bunch of limp wristed fuckies.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 02 at 8:04:32 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Alright guys, cut it out. Passionate debate is one thing. Flaming, name-calling, and personal attacks, are another and unnecessary and unacceptable here.

We are better than this. BE better than this.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Jun 02 at 9:47:00 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Those are guys who can literally teach the instrument to the most educational level possible when it comes to expression, it isn't even just being able to play well those guys know all their shit and are educators they are the reason that people pick up the instruments and want to take it to the highest level possible.

I have a feeling you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to music or music education or influence on music as a whole or musicians who push the boundries of their instruments.

Can you fuck off now too? You are the musical discussion equivalent engagement to the itch I have on my ballsack when I put on an uncomfortable pair of underwear.

Thanks bud.
As someone who has probably made more money as a professional musician than you've spent on instruments and albums 10 times over, and who has been around thousands of professional musicians over the years - your attitude is 100000000% shit, and any professional will tell you that.

Also, for someone who's bragging so much, your chops aren't that great. Maybe you should take better notes by those you can "learn from", because it seems like some important lessons are missing from your cirriculum.

There's a reason why "shitty artists" are making millions and you're stuck at some shitty call center style cubicle job pissiing your time away on Discord.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 06/02/2019 at 09:47 AM by dra600n

Jun 02 at 10:33:10 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: dra600n

Those are guys who can literally teach the instrument to the most educational level possible when it comes to expression, it isn't even just being able to play well those guys know all their shit and are educators they are the reason that people pick up the instruments and want to take it to the highest level possible.

I have a feeling you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to music or music education or influence on music as a whole or musicians who push the boundries of their instruments.

Can you fuck off now too? You are the musical discussion equivalent engagement to the itch I have on my ballsack when I put on an uncomfortable pair of underwear.

Thanks bud.
As someone who has probably made more money as a professional musician than you've spent on instruments and albums 10 times over, and who has been around thousands of professional musicians over the years - your attitude is 100000000% shit, and any professional will tell you that.

Also, for someone who's bragging so much, your chops aren't that great. Maybe you should take better notes by those you can "learn from", because it seems like some important lessons are missing from your cirriculum.

There's a reason why "shitty artists" are making millions and you're stuck at some shitty call center style cubicle job pissiing your time away on Discord.

I'm perfectly content and happy and enjoy life where I'm at so no issues there, money was never really on my mind when playing music I enjoy it as a hobby.

Glad you got that off your chest though seems like you had that one saved in notepad workin it out.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 02 at 10:57:33 AM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
I know I like to be a dickhead about fighting and shit but I'm honestly throwing fists every single day, I am actively in street fights multiple times a week seeking out opponents to challenge....I doubt the same can be said about the people who want to give me shit about how much of a snob I am about it.

Find me a better boxer than Mike Tyson, find me a better mixed martial artist than Conor McGregor, find me a better street fighter than Ryu, find me a better voice actor than Ronda Rousey.

Jun 02 at 11:14:41 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: ZBomber

I know I like to be a dickhead about fighting and shit but I'm honestly throwing fists every single day, I am actively in street fights multiple times a week seeking out opponents to challenge....I doubt the same can be said about the people who want to give me shit about how much of a snob I am about it.

Find me a better boxer than Mike Tyson, find me a better mixed martial artist than Conor McGregor, find me a better street fighter than Ryu, find me a better voice actor than Ronda Rousey.

Find me more of an unoriginal repeatin bastid than zbomber.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 02 at 11:18:25 AM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Better lock this thread up.
Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

Jun 02 at 11:32:35 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

Originally posted by: ZBomber

Haha, this popped me. No one is better at Street Fighting than Ryu and same can be said about Ronda Rousey with voice acting aka. Sonya Blade?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but we will be doing another community selection next week

Was this a community selection?

That would somehow explain it. I missed a few weeks and a few polls, and didn't check through them for the progress from my last one (Gaga?... Edit: I'm now blasting The Fame into my brainbox and I'm loving it).

Sorry Brock.... I thought all the choices before were pretty valid so this one was a shocker.     

One thing can be sure.... Xan got people heated just like those cheetos got his tummy all fired up!

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jun 02 at 12:03:22 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Thanks bud.

I'm perfectly content and happy and enjoy life where I'm at so no issues there, money was never really on my mind when playing music I enjoy it as a hobby. Glad you got that off your chest though seems like you had that one saved in notepad workin it out.

hahahaha

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jun 02 at 12:09:56 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Admiralnelsondrinker

Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

Sadikyo's got it under control; he already mentioned to cut it out.   

I would imagine if the bullshit continues we may see our first locked musical poll (which at this point may save Lil Xan from dipping below a 1.00).

Jun 02 at 12:13:59 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Thanks bud.

I'm perfectly content and happy and enjoy life where I'm at so no issues there, money was never really on my mind when playing music I enjoy it as a hobby. Glad you got that off your chest though seems like you had that one saved in notepad workin it out.

hahahaha

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

The irony is that I think out of anyone on here I've heard you complain about your job and relationship issues more than anyone else x10.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 02 at 12:15:04 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

I would imagine if the bullshit continues we may see our first locked musical poll (which at this point may save Lil Xan from dipping below a 1.00).

He was under but someone saved him with a late high score!

And no this was not a community choice.  I just thought it would be fun.  And maybe set a new baseline...

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Edited: 06/02/2019 at 12:15 PM by Brock Landers

Jun 02 at 12:18:09 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

He was under but someone saved him with a late high score!

And no this was not a community choice.  I just thought it would be fun.  And maybe set a new baseline...

Variety is a good thing anyway.   I always wondered who I would rate a zero (even most bands I can't stand I would at least give a 1 based on musical merit).

Jun 02 at 1:43:10 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts

For sure, I think it helps put things in perspective for people who have been voting 0 a lot.

I know we are all saving our 10s for 6ix9ine anyway.

Jun 02 at 2:25:25 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

You gonna mod again or what?

Jun 02 at 2:37:31 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado

Cap would do it.
I miss The Cap.

You gonna mod again or what?

Edited: 06/02/2019 at 02:38 PM by JamesRobot

Jun 04 at 1:25:13 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Final bump for our good friend Diego

Jun 04 at 1:46:48 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
nice fireworks, knuckleheads.

as a musician i can say with authority this has little to no musical merit. but, like some punk bands that get traction with lots of noise and yellin', it's about the emotion/story. This shit makes me feel like an old man, and maybe that's the point, and i'm glad i'm not in this club (shakes fist at cloud). I have no reference or tie to it so i can't see past mumbling and hot garage band loops and a gate with heavy compression.

OP- there are quite a few legacy bands/solos that would be fun to debate vs this and the japanese death metal girls. Figure it out, bro

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Jun 04 at 1:49:23 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Please do King Gizzard next. <3

Jun 04 at 2:43:15 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: Gloves

I'm taking suggestions with the next thread.  Sorry if that was unclear.

Jun 04 at 4:08:10 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Originally posted by: Gloves

I'm taking suggestions with the next thread.  Sorry if that was unclear.

ESKEEEHHHHHH!

Jun 04 at 4:53:33 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
I think this music is bad.