Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nesrulers Contest Presents: Cobra Trangle Ends Next Sunday 12/6 at a NEW TIME 9 O CLOCK CENTRAL TIME! READ THE PARAGRAPH INSIDE!

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:04:22 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Hey guys!
I  got a nasty cold so im gonna hit the hay soon but i wanted to start this weeks contest!

Its Cobra Trangle, i know that not everyone voted b.c i screwed up but i knew a special person who really wanted this game and has been asking me for a couple of weeks so thats another reason why i picked it!
I really do wanna thank everyone for doing these contest with me! This year has been amazing and i cant wait to do it next year and have a new system and everything! We will All as a community talk it out and work out! And i was hoping if we had another campout/expo we could have a special score contest there and have a special prize that everyone at the meeting with donate 1 item and the winner of the contest would win the pick of there choice i think that would be amazing!
Only 3 more contest this year so get into it if you wanna have a chance to win a prize!
I will be giving prizes to the top 12 places!
And I will be giving a Special Prize to a person that i have already picked and this is the Most Achieved award! I have this person picked out and they will get a special prize!

This week and every week after this will end at 9 o clock central just b.c its more flexible for me

Thanks guys!!!

No name with score= Score Not Counting!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Jeremy!

-------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Nov 30, 2009 at 3:29:13 PM
nesruler22 (94)
Illinois
Well this is a soft start
Jeremy

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:25:44 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Won't be able to play at all this week, got me a job! Yep, worked today, just got home less than an hour ago. Driver helper for UPS. Its only seasonal, so its very temporary, but at least its something. I'll be lucky if I can get a chance or have the energy to play anything at all. But maybe I'll be able to get in a few games when the weekends comes.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:42:33 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Congrats Megan! Good thing you've racked up a lot of big scores recently, so you can afford to take a break

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:52:01 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Thanks. Actually I'm hoping to knock you and Zill down before the year ends, bump myself up a tad more, try to get myself into the top 6, but eh, we'll see.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:10:25 PM
nesruler22 (94)
Illinois
Originally posted by: Miss Clawful

Won't be able to play at all this week, got me a job! Yep, worked today, just got home less than an hour ago. Driver helper for UPS. Its only seasonal, so its very temporary, but at least its something. I'll be lucky if I can get a chance or have the energy to play anything at all. But maybe I'll be able to get in a few games when the weekends comes.

HAHAH THATS THE JOB MY BROTHER GOT!
HE STARTED TODAY AS WELL!
THATS FUNNY!!!
Jeremy

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:30:38 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Wow, ain't that something! What a weird coincidence. 

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:19:27 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
I finally got a couple hours of playtime in tonight.
I passed the game, and rolled the score upon killing the final boss.

Here's the final score I got after picking up the people from  the planes.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:26:00 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Damn, you're a gaming beast! I played this game years ago for a high score contest on the NES board at Gamefaqs, never was able to beat it then, got as far as stage 21. Maybe this time, if I can get a chance at the game this week perhaps I'll do better.

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:54:22 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
so these games that loop are getting pretty annoying, because i usually can't even play until the weekend >.<

Let's Go Penguins!

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:04:26 AM
dr.robbie (175)
Missouri
also, are we using any rules for this one? one life or no continues?

Let's Go Penguins!

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:40:18 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Played a little bit this morning, some practice runs, got as far as up to the crab boss, really low points. Damn this game is hard. What I hate about it most of all is the cheapness of dying, and then moments later running out of time since its still ticking down and dying again due to time running out, 2 deaths almost simultaneously, damn brutal. I hate the rescue the people stages, I say let the little bastards drown and get on with it. Having a lot of trouble with the waterfall stage too, remember that one taking me a long time to get good at where I didn't lose several continues when I had played it years ago. What I do like about the game, even if you use a continue you do not lose your score, and also keep your power-ups too, both of which are unusual for a game to have.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:32:45 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
The game don't loop.

As long as it goes, I'm not sure about any rules on it. No 1-life I guess, it's getting repetitive, and a normal player will not be able to pass through the game with one life.
As for continues, let's hear what people would like, 0 or 2.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:58:08 PM
dr.robbie (175)
Missouri
Originally posted by: guillavoie

The game don't loop.

As long as it goes, I'm not sure about any rules on it. No 1-life I guess, it's getting repetitive, and a normal player will not be able to pass through the game with one life.

i meant score looping - not the game. doesn't even give me a chance to play it once before already loosing

Let's Go Penguins!

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:29:05 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

Originally posted by: guillavoie

The game don't loop.

i meant score looping - not the game. doesn't even give me a chance to play it once before already loosing
lol! Sorry, that was confusing.

We did not set rules up yet though. How many lives/continues have you taken AllYourBase?

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:35:28 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Oh, I guess I should have mentioned when I submitted my score- I died twice, and used no continues.

Unless you have the game perfectly memorized, there's no way you're making it through in one life. But, zero continues should be allowed - your game is over once you see the "Game Over" box at the top of the screen.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:46:03 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
I vote use all lifes, no continues.

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:10:39 PM
dr.robbie (175)
Missouri
man, you should make a video and send it to twingalaxies. you crushed previous scores and only played for a couple hours. very impressive.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index...

Let's Go Penguins!

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:14:01 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
^I'm sure there's tons of us on here that could beat those scores, they're pretty weak. Thanks though.
I've looked into submitting scores to TwinGalaxies, but for me, it's too much BS to go through. I'm pretty OCD when playing NES games, and I tend to hit the reset button if I don't do everything absolutely perfectly. I probably hit reset 20-30 times when playing Cobra Triangle. Having to make a new video every time I hit reset would suck.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:20:23 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Okay, awoke very early this morning, had went to sleep really early last night so couldn't sleep no more, yet very tired now, anyway, played some games of Cobra Triangle for the past few hours. I'm getting better, and actually managed to get further than I had last time I had played this game years ago, but still, this game is crazy hard. Posting scores for score before using 1st continue, large pics, as well as final scores after getting a game over, just for the hell of it, smaller pics. Purple score on grey background, ugh, bad color combination, not easy to see score, even with the larger pics. Don't remember what each of the stages were that I lost on, by the time I lost I done forgot. Looking to beat this one soon if possible, though can't see me doing it without continues though, but my goal would be just to beat it since I never have.

Score before 1st continue - 343550
Photobucket

Score upon game over - 510550
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Score before 1st continue - 556300
Photobucket

Score upon game over - 606300 (so close to the end, only had 1 life left when I got to this dragon, I shot at it, it countered immediately with a fireball, killed me in one hit...whoa!)
Photobucket Photobucket

Edited: 12/03/2009 at 08:29 PM by Miss Clawful

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:42:35 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Nice work, Megan!
You actually don't even need to shoot that red dragon, you just need to avoid its fireballs for the 20 seconds that are on the clock. Once the 20 seconds are up, it disappears and takes you to the final boss.

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:28:44 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Gave Cobra Triangle about two hours attempt today, struggled to make any significant scores except for one of them, which while only my second best by 1st continue, ended up being my best though at game over. Can't say that I'm improving though, far from it, I'm just not very good at this game, not yet, I intend to get good at it, hope I can pull off beating it before Sunday. I'm just not very good at controlling that boat. Had some terrible losses at times that I could've pulled off something nice due to dying by not having my boat powered up properly at the right times, such as one of the later rescue the people missions I lost 2 whole continues because I didn't have the homing capabilities to my missiles then ended up with a game over on the squid boss, another was not having enough speed to jump across one of the big land masses in one of the later race to the finish stages, had to keep going back and forth trying to get more power-ups so I can jump the ramp, lost a couple lives by then due to trying to make it and crashing as well as time running out. Really gotta be prepared ahead of time for certain stages otherwise you can be screwed.

Score before 1st continue - 538200 (friggin' electrical beam just kept hitting me til I was dead, just couldn't get away from it)
Photobucket

Score upon game over - 838700 (kinda stuck with this stage with the stalagmites, have so much trouble keeping that boat on a straight coarse without it drifting slightly to the side, have to make so many movement corrections)
Photobucket

Edited: 12/03/2009 at 08:29 PM by Miss Clawful

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:51:06 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
I hope I'll get more time in the upcoming days to play more of this game. Really busy everywhere right now, too much hockey games to watch as well.

Just to clarify two things about this contest:
1: 1-up leeching on the first stage is forbidden.
2: We don't need the "roll it you win it" rule for this contest, you can just roll the score one time, and it must be in the few last stages. We just need to calculate 1000000 + the remaining points.

That's late input, but both of these should not modify any gaming method, so let be it.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:04:24 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
When you're in the levels with the stalagmites / icicles, make like a Jedi and "Use the Force"

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:07:38 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Played 3 more games of this several hours ago, and I think I may be improving. If only I could beat that damn shark, that's a tough boss to hit, can't believe I used up all of my continues on it (and I did so good getting there) and barely did any damage to it. Seems the only way it can be hurt is to hit it in the snout from the front when it surfaces and you only have a second or so, most of my shots were just passing right through it from any other angle. Almost all of those deaths were due to time running out because I couldn't beat it quick enough, I like how the shark eats your boat though if you don't move out of its path when it raises its head up to attack. But if I can figure this final boss out, I'll have this one beat soon for sure.

Score before 1st continue - 658950

Photobucket

Score upon game over - 775150
Photobucket

Score before 1st continue - 699600

Photobucket

Score upon game over - 723600
Photobucket

Score before 1st continue - 837700 (as well as my final score at game over since I lost it all here gaining no extra points to make it worth even taking another pic)

Photobucket

All 3 of those final scores in high score table
Photobucket