Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every SNES Game In A Year - 2012 Yes SNES!! Let's do this!!! Super Nintendo List!! Progress Report --226 out of 725--Come one hammer this list down!!

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:10:43 PM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Originally posted by: doner24

Originally posted by: JSoup

Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

This seems like the kinda thing a Let's Play or images (like the ones above) were made for. If I had proper equipment, I'd probably join in.

Proper equipment?  You don't need to film yourself, or even take pictures.  It's entirely optional...
Kinda missing the point there, I see. I didn't say that anything was needed or that the entire thing was anyting other than optional. I just feel that I wouldn't be really contributing to the overall goal of the topic unless I could provide proof of some kind that I beat the games. Otherwise, I could just be randomly picking titles off the list and saying 'Hey, I beat the thing!"

No you are missing the point. The reason it is optional is because we are on the honor system. I mean, if someone wants to falsely claim that they beat a game for no reason they have bigger issues.

No YOU are missing the point. It's not optional for me because, third time I'm saying this, I choose to let it not be optional for the reasons listed above. I'd like to actually document the progress in some way, not just say 'trust me, I did it'.

I didn't claim that any other person should be held to my personal choice, so I'm not seeing the problem.

-------------------------

Edited: 01/26/2012 at 11:11 PM by JSoup

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:14:19 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

This seems like the kinda thing a Let's Play or images (like the ones above) were made for. If I had proper equipment, I'd probably join in.

Proper equipment?  You don't need to film yourself, or even take pictures.  It's entirely optional...
Kinda missing the point there, I see. I didn't say that anything was needed or that the entire thing was anyting other than optional. I just feel that I wouldn't be really contributing to the overall goal of the topic unless I could provide proof of some kind that I beat the games. Otherwise, I could just be randomly picking titles off the list and saying 'Hey, I beat the thing!"

No you are missing the point. The reason it is optional is because we are on the honor system. I mean, if someone wants to falsely claim that they beat a game for no reason they have bigger issues.

No YOU are missing the point. It's not optional for me because, third time I'm saying this, I choose to let it not be optional for the reasons listed above. I'd like to actually document the progress in some way, not just say 'trust me, I did it'.

I didn't claim that any other person should be held to my personal choice, so I'm not seeing the problem.

Haha, so you are saying that we can't take you at your word? Yep you really make sense, great excuse for not contributing.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:19:14 PM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California

Haha, so you are saying that we can't take you at your word? Yep you really make sense, great excuse for not contributing.

I feel that me posting nothing more than just a sentence or two stating I beat a game contributes precisely zilch. I'd rather be able to show my work. Why this is hard to understand or otherwise a problem is beyond me.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:31:53 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
I understand, I just think it is ridiculous. A man is only as good as his word. I would have no problem taking your word for something so meaningless in reality, just meant for fun.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:07:20 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Finished SNES Doom today. Thanks to it, I now have a terrible headache. God, that game is choppy. lol

No idea what to play next.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:13:41 PM
Kitouski (10)
(Aaron Carter) < Little Mac >
Idaho
I didn't spend waaaay too much of my life playing Drakkhen beginning to end, figuring out how to beat with without a guide, help or google for nothing. >':

Drakkhen done, now to backtrack to Pocky and Rocky, lol.

Edited: 01/28/2012 at 04:14 PM by Kitouski

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:14:12 PM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California

I understand, I just think it is ridiculous. A man is only as good as his word. I would have no problem taking your word for something so meaningless in reality, just meant for fun.

Thank you for your opinion.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:47:20 PM
Kitouski (10)
Idaho
Originally posted by: daywalker2k2

We are also using the honor system.

JSoup, you really don't need to be so negative towards him about it, all he was doing was pointing out the rules of the thread and that we're all here to have fun. What you do from there is completely up to you, no reason for you to get so put off about it.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:26:28 AM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Originally posted by: Kitouski

Originally posted by: daywalker2k2

We are also using the honor system.

JSoup, you really don't need to be so negative towards him about it, all he was doing was pointing out the rules of the thread and that we're all here to have fun. What you do from there is completely up to you, no reason for you to get so put off about it.
Who's getting put off or negative? I stated my opinion and someone thought it nessecary to trying corret me.

If you want it dropped, drop it and I will too. You keep bring it up, I'm going to keep defending my ability to feel as I do.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:34:59 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Just fired up Acme Animation Factory. Although it has a Memory game in it, the game is kind of a filler for what is otherwise a SNES version of Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop on the NES. As such, I would say the game can't be beaten...however, I did beat the Memory game once...not sure if beating it multiple times does anything (someone playing via emulator can try with save states to find out), but assuming it doesn't, I'd class it as an unfinishable game. If you feel otherwise, unless someone finds something else to call beating it, I can say I beat the game as well. Kind of a grey area if you ask me

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:46:38 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Thank you for your opinion.

Not to antagonize the issue or anything, everyone is free to do as they please here.  Just wanted to point out that the whole reason I started the NES version of this 2 years ago was so that people would play games they never thought to play before.  Some people found new favorites, others pounded out games that they never would've seen the ending to.  In the two years I ran the thread, both times the overall goal of completing the entire NES library was never realized, however, the goal for people to play games that they never would've otherwise played, and hopefully having fun in the process...that goal was reached.  And although I've passed on the reins for at least the current year, it's nice to know that the idea (which I can't really take credit for, it was user Count Dracura's idea, I just ran with it) is not only living strong, but has spawned new threads, so as to keep people playing new games.

As for the whole posting screenshots thing, I see no reason not to post them, other than they kind of annoy me when I'm trying to read the thread and it's full of pictures that I honestly couldn't give a crap about, but that's just me.  I think the point being made by others is that even if you would like to take screenshots, you shouldn't feel like you HAVE to in order to contribute to the thread.  Especially if you need to invest in a camera before you can.  If you feel you need to, that's your choice, but this is all about trying games that are otherwise collecting dust, and above all else, to have fun.  So grab a game, have fun playing it, and if you beat it, feel free to post about it, whether or not you can take a picture. Or don't post it.  At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, as long as you enjoy it.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:44:11 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Put me down for X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. Capcom did a fantastic job with this game, especially the music.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:56:36 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
Donkey Kong Country 3 is done.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:05:44 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Not sure how we're judging Clue as finished, but I just won a game on Detective (hardest) difficulty against several computer opponents.

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:56:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: nothingface023

Not sure how we're judging Clue as finished, but I just won a game on Detective (hardest) difficulty against several computer opponents.

Think that should be good enough.  Unless anyone has any better ideas of course...board game titles probably are just that simple though

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:55:14 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
just beat Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls (as Billy, normal, quest mode). What a terrible DD game! But as a Street Fighter ripoff, it's really not so bad.

Edited: 01/29/2012 at 08:55 PM by barrels

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:32:52 PM
ilovecardj (7)

(alex anderson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Manitoba
X-men mutant apolcalypse was great, i beat it like a week before christmas so i couldnt post it as beaten

I just beat fighters history but didnt check to see if it was done yet. I presume its not

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:14:38 AM
Kitouski (10)
Idaho
So if I don't have a Super Scope but I decide to play an emulated version of Metal Combat on the Wii were I can use the wiimote as a pointer, is that okay? Lmfao

Also for when I finish Pocky&Rocky, someone should suggest me a game that's not beaten, not in my (very far from complete) game collection list and interesting to play... and maybe not too expensive too so I can go out and buy it instead of emulate it, lol.

Edited: 01/30/2012 at 03:15 AM by Kitouski

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:11:21 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
Kitouski - i've got your back. Go out and buy some 50c sports games and knock those off of the list :-P But in all seriousness, if you can get a copy, do Rabbit Rampage. THIS GAME IS GORGEOUS BUT I HATE IT, and being that i've owned it since I was a kid, i'm going to feel guilty for not playing it as the year goes on.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:58:03 AM
iressivor (8)
(Joe Pingree) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Okay, Breath of Fire 2 is done. Whew!

Edited: 01/30/2012 at 10:59 AM by iressivor

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:05:43 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
In case the guy who said he was working on it doesn't come back, Chrono Trigger is done.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:46:17 PM
Frigusoris (2)
(Rory S) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alberta
Just got through Super Mario All-Stars. I assume beating the 4 games is what was required lol.

*Edit* I'll take DK country on next...

Edited: 01/30/2012 at 12:49 PM by Frigusoris

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:42:01 PM
iressivor (8)
(Joe Pingree) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Also knocked out King of Dragons today. No one tosses a Dwarf!

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:22:28 AM
JSoup (0)
< Crack Trooper >
California
For people not sure which game to play next, I highly recommend Harvest Moon.

Edited: 01/31/2012 at 05:23 AM by JSoup

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:28:38 AM
Kitouski (10)
Idaho
Mission complete, Pocky&Rocky down;

@jonnylentilbean - I actually have and kind of enjoy some of the NHL games, I believe I have 97. Maybe I'll play that sometime, LOL. Looked up Rabbit Rampage. At first I was like, "Oh snaps, Sunsoft, this outta be good." and then I was like, "Maybe not as bad, but I'm reminded of Bubsy..." Maybe I'll give it a try. xD;

@JSoup - Harvest Moon is ironically most likely my all time favorite series... don't know if I want to have a millionth run through it though, hopefully someone else sees your post though who hasn't tried it and picks up the gauntlet, I agree it's a great game.

...oh snaps, no one has claimed the Kirby games. I'M GONNA BEAT THEM ONE BY ONE, starting with Kirby All-Star.