Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official Limited Run Games Thread Discussion, Notice of new releases, Trading OFFICIAL LIST

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:03:49 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: avatar!

Limited Run Games are great! I know some people only purchase them for resale, which is understandably annoying to those that actually want to play the game! I think LRG should produce enough copies so that everyone that wants one can get one before all the resellers purchase them. With a release of about 3000 I did not have a problem purchasing a game as long as I was fairly quick -I figure it took about 15-30 minutes for a game with that limitation number to sell out. That said, it's hard to say when a game will sell out, and the real problem has been the soundtracks (I love video game soundtracks   The soundtracks actually have been far more limited than the game, with for example Saturday Morning RPG having a CD soundtrack limitation number of only 375 copies. Anyway, all that said, I just love the indie games they release, and will continue supporting them.

The vita releases actually usually sell out in less than 5 minutes typically

That's about 5 minutes later than the soundtracks. For example, when Rainbow Moon was released, the soundtrack really sold out in seconds. I'm pretty sure resellers just have bots that do the shopping for them. Fortunately Thomas was Alone had a larger print run (a whopping 900 copies) although I think that has soldout as well now.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:17:23 AM
tubeway (2)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Stan Kay) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Thus far, I've only been picking up the LRG titles that genuinely interest me. I think they're starting to saturate the market with titles that feel less special, and the followup emails about unsold stock definitely smack of desperation. While some folks are claiming Amiibos will be the new Beanie Babies, I kind of feel like these could also fall into that category.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:39:12 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: tubeway

Thus far, I've only been picking up the LRG titles that genuinely interest me. I think they're starting to saturate the market with titles that feel less special, and the followup emails about unsold stock definitely smack of desperation. While some folks are claiming Amiibos will be the new Beanie Babies, I kind of feel like these could also fall into that category.

The emails feel REALLY desperate. 

As far as value, the first few releases will always hold their scalper value IMO, the rest of the later releases will hover around retail. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:53:25 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I know at some point I'm going to forget/miss one of the Vita releases and that will be the end of grabbing every release for me.

-------------------------

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:56:11 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I've definitely been late to the party on these, but that's sort of a good thing, because I have little desire to buy everything. I only plan to get the games that truly interest me.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:48:29 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Looks like The Silver Case PC pre order is up (pass) and pushing some merchandise perhaps this month is indeed going to be slow.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:16:13 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
I think some of these games will hold significant value, with potential for growth down the road. Take a look at Class of Heroes 2G. I'm fairly certain the print run was similar to most LRG titles. Additionally, there is no speculation with these games. We know exactly how many were printed.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:25:26 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Just saw The Silver Case. I'm a little bummed it's only for the PC :/
Still, might be good, and fortunatley it is DRM-free. Also, for anyone interested, pre-orders are open until October 20th. So, instead of saying we're only going to make 1000 or 3000 copies, they are making as many as will be ordered. This is really nice, everyone that wants a limited edition will get one! In terms of collectibility, I don't know. I suppose if only 1000 people order it will be quite rare. If 20,000 not so much. My guess, probably a few thousand will do so (maybe around 2500 or so)?

Edited: 10/04/2016 at 11:25 PM by avatar!

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:29:49 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

I decided to stop buying these unless i just really want the game like shadow complex and soldner and some homages to 80s and 90s stuff. Just got to be too many releases and that over inflated shipping charge of 5 for each game is annoying to continue to pay every release.

30 per on every release and 5-6 a month gets to be too much. Never got the oddworld which i wanted thst sold out on vita in literally a minute each batch lol. Then i missed the one 2 weeks sgo because of a family emergency. Didnt have breach and clear. So missing those 3 kills the set idea. So i decided not to get the 2 games today.
Yeah i only have Shadow Complex.  I learned my lesson with blu-rays; trying to keep ahead of the LE model when stuff is coming out every month is an impossible game

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:06:30 PM
Kamina (7)

(Corey K) < Little Mac >
Illinois
I purchased an extra set of One Way Heroics, a PS4 and PSV version.

I did because I missed out on Octodad, I wanted to see if anybody would trade me 1:1 for their extra Octodad set if they have one. Not looking for the Tie edition, just normal ones. My LRG order just shipped so it shouldn't be long until they arrive. Please PM me if you're interested, thank you guys.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:08:26 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Accidentally purchased a PS4 copy of Rainbow Moon (still sealed with card/sticker). I'm hoping to trade 1-for-1 (I can add cash as I'm not hip to each game's going rate) for one of these LRG Vita releases:

Breach & Clear
Saturday Morning RPG
Oddworld: New N' Tasty
Futuridium
Xeodrifters
Soldner-X 2

I don't care if it's sealed or not. I just want to get some of these

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:59:56 AM
Heartkill (36)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Germany
Fingers crossed they do a run for Battle Garegga. There was a Twitter retweet from M2 floating around a while ago that they put up.

Please check my current WTB list!

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:44:08 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

Accidentally purchased a PS4 copy of Rainbow Moon (still sealed with card/sticker). I'm hoping to trade 1-for-1 (I can add cash as I'm not hip to each game's going rate) for one of these LRG Vita releases:

Breach & Clear
Saturday Morning RPG
Futuridium
Xeodrifters
Soldner-X 2

That's gonna be a tough trade. All of those games are selling for $25+ more than Rainbow Moon, some significantly more. Might be better off with the digital version if you aren't looking to spend some coin. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:57:07 PM
Michigan
Originally posted by: KingofGames

Breach & Clear
Saturday Morning RPG
Futuridium
Xeodrifters
Soldner-X 2

That's gonna be a tough trade. All of those games are selling for $25+ more than Rainbow Moon, some significantly more. Might be better off with the digital version if you aren't looking to spend some coin. 

I know.  I just don't want to sell Rainbow Moon and bid/buy one of those and potentially contribute to jacking up the price of both.  I'm willing to throw in cash on my end but I'm also being realistic and curbing my expectations of finding a trading partner

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:08:49 PM
Michigan
FYI: They added release dates for both Shantae games. Both are coming out on October 28th

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:18:57 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio

FYI: They added release dates for both Shantae games. Both are coming out on October 28th

Wish they were on the ol' vita

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:21:43 PM
Michigan
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Wish they were on the ol' vita

Me too.  I'm a huge fan of the series and these are for a system that I don't even own  

EDIT: Forgot about the upcoming 3DS release of Pirates Curse

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Edited: 10/11/2016 at 01:28 PM by LutherDestroysTheGond

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:06:20 PM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Is anyone a bit put off that they are now using variant covers in addition to the low run counts? Since they say it's random on which covers you get, it seems like just a way to get people to order 2 in the hopes of getting both variants. Setting timers and reminders to log onto the site to order every couple of weeks is annoying enough. The last thing I want to do is to order them, and then have to find a way to trade a copy if I didn't get both cover variants.

I'd understand cover variants if it was for backers, or special editions, but these are just variants to sell more copies. Legit since their goal is to sell out fast, but IMO not respectful to the collectors who keep buying from them. Perhaps I'm just a bit overly pissy about it.

Currently searching for the manual for Game Gear Sports Illustrated game.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:09:03 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: MrNESGuy

Is anyone a bit put off that they are now using variant covers in addition to the low run counts? Since they say it's random on which covers you get, it seems like just a way to get people to order 2 in the hopes of getting both variants. Setting timers and reminders to log onto the site to order every couple of weeks is annoying enough. The last thing I want to do is to order them, and then have to find a way to trade a copy if I didn't get both cover variants.

I'd understand cover variants if it was for backers, or special editions, but these are just variants to sell more copies. Legit since their goal is to sell out fast, but IMO not respectful to the collectors who keep buying from them. Perhaps I'm just a bit overly pissy about it.

Well, it's a reversible cover so you do get both covers in one order. It's only random on which one is facing out, so if you're a sealed collector you might have to order two/trade if you're really that picky.

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:03:42 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I keep wanting to get into Limited Run Games' games, but part of me feels like it is too late to start. They had four or five at PRGE that I was going to pick up, but by the time I got to talk to the fellow they were all sold out. Xeodrifter, Rainbow something, a few others. I'll just keep debating the decision in my head until they are all sold out. Nice fellows though!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:14:32 PM
Galen (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
United States

Not anymore, it's coming out on Playstation 4 as well, NISA will publish the physical copy.

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:27:03 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
I have an Oddworld New & Tasty available (vita) and while not limited run games I also have Retro City Rampage re-release available.

Want: Saturday Morning RPG (opened is fine).

Or some other RPG I don't have (doesn't have to be a limited run release)

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:00:46 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Skullgirls PS4/Vita preorders will be up October 31 not sure what exactly is going on with this release but here's the info: http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.co...

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:38:47 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Galen

Not anymore, it's coming out on Playstation 4 as well, NISA will publish the physical copy.

Thanks! I did not know they were planning on a PS4 physical release as well. Personally, I prefer console gaming over PC. The Limited Run Games version is for the PC, and is a nice limited edition. However, I'll wait for the PS4 edition which will also be cheaper  

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:44:32 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I keep wanting to get into Limited Run Games' games, but part of me feels like it is too late to start. They had four or five at PRGE that I was going to pick up, but by the time I got to talk to the fellow they were all sold out. Xeodrifter, Rainbow something, a few others. I'll just keep debating the decision in my head until they are all sold out. Nice fellows though!

That's the thing about limited editions. They often sell out. Still, the good news is quite a few of their games can still be had for relatively cheap online (check ebay). The game you're thinking of is "Rainbow Moon". Highly recommended if you like tactical RPGs. Another gem is "Thomas was Alone" and "Shadow Complex". Really, most of their games are indie-gems that are worth getting if you enjoy such games (and I most certainly do)! Over time ebay their prices will increase dramatically, as you might expect. So, I recommend getting them while they're fairly inexpensive.