Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nightmare Circus Info wanted!

May 12, 2014 at 1:33:33 PM
skoreboardtxjmo (4)
(Justin Moore) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
I want an original mega drive version of this game and from what I understand it was only released in Brazil. The only copies i've seen on ebay are from the same seller in Brazil. One beat to hell version for $220 bones and one really nice version for $700 if I remember correctly. I was wondering if any of you guys had expierience with this game and the normal going rate? I also noticed that someone has done a genesis english repro that I would like to buy if someone has a copy they would like to sell. Any info from you geniouses would be greatly appreciated.

-------------------------
I got 99 problems but 8bits ain't one

May 12, 2014 at 7:25:44 PM
RoyalT (13)
(T Fade) < Tourian Tourist >
Alberta
Having owned this game and sold it many years ago, I can tell you that you're better off forgetting it even exists. The game is terrible. Actually, it's virtually unplayable. The concept is pretty cool though, at least I thought it was. The game displayed well and was a conversation piece for sure. $700 seems very high to me, and if you were going to spend that kind of money on a mega drive game, I would highly recommend you hunt down Eliminate Down or Twinkle Tale instead.

Finding Nightmare Circus complete with a box and instructions will be very tough. Most I have seen are box and cart only. In fact, the copy I owned was missing the instructions as well. Given that there are so few copies of this out there, the ones that do pop up are the same ones that have been making the rounds forever, and will likely be missing instructions.

Again, because the game is so bad, I don't see it fetching $700+. I would put a value of $350 to $400 on Nighmare Cicrus if it is in mint condition, similar to what a copy of James Buster Douglas Boxing goes for on the Master System (another s**t game that was released in limited quantities).

I can't recommend enough that you stay away from Nightmare Circus. The title of the game itself was foreshadowing how big a nightmare this is to play.

**Edit **
I just saw the $700 one you are talking about and it's complete.  Dat manual tho.  lol. 

Edited: 05/12/2014 at 09:09 PM by RoyalT