Jul 28, 2015 at 4:07:55 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: LAMRN15

Originally posted by: dqualls187

Awesome collection! Soooooo, what ya'll wanna trade for one of them CD add ons?

Haha, it'd have to be something pretty darn good, since those aren't cheap!
Whatcha want? Whatcha need? Lets make a deal!

You got a trade list? I don't have a lot specific I want, since we're mostly done with retro collecting these days.

I dont have a trade list as i dont trade to often though if there was somethin you 2 were looking for of equal value maybe we could work somethin out.

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:57:10 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas

You got a trade list? I don't have a lot specific I want, since we're mostly done with retro collecting these days.

I dont have a trade list as i dont trade to often though if there was somethin you 2 were looking for of equal value maybe we could work somethin out.

Probably just gonna hang onto it for now. There's not much feasible we'd want to trade for at the moment, plus the SD loader will be coming out for TGCD at some point and he's waiting to see which hardware it's gonna work with. So say it only works for the CD add on, then that's what we'll have to use and he'll want a backup in that case. 

My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:00:29 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Probably just gonna hang onto it for now. There's not much feasible we'd want to trade for at the moment, plus the SD loader will be coming out for TGCD at some point and he's waiting to see which hardware it's gonna work with. So say it only works for the CD add on, then that's what we'll have to use and he'll want a backup in that case. 

No worries!

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:41:03 PM
MrFlutterPie (43)
(Rick Taylor) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
I love the Turbografx. I bought one back in 2008 on a whim and was instantly hooked.

Here is my Tower of DOOM!

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:14:57 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Damn! Sweet Doom Tower!

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:18:31 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

So it was 1992 I decided I wanted a new game system. I had a snes at a time, a C64, and I think I still had my nes, but for some reason I can't remember it. Not could I remember my 7800 or 2600, and they seemed to have vanished as a kid. Anyways I wanted a new system because while I could find many cool games on snes, the selection was making it hard to find good RPGs. At this point I was 14, making $3.25 tax free on the family's dairy farm, so if I wanted something like a game for $32.50, I knew it was 10 hours of work, and I would write down on a little chart how many hours I needed to get what games.

Because of this hours needed to get each game, I started looking at game dude. I looked at games I wanted, their cost used, and cost for the system, and the new Turbo Duo actually beat out sega for most games I wanted at a cheap price, so I ordered a used one. At this point it was out for a few months, so their "used" system was pretty much brand new. It was a great system, and it gave me many fond memories. It also cemented my importing habits that started with DBZ 2 on snes. I think the Duo was like $150, so it was 46+ hours of work for me. Since this was in the fall\winter when I started saving, that was weekends and after school. And damned cold I might add. Froze my ass off to get that thing.

So yea. I loved the Duo so much, I spent 50+ hours working in frozen cow shit to get one. Well worth it too.

Haha, cool story man! Wish i would of known about the system as a kid and jumped on some of this stuff earlier!

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:47:54 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Im glad i bought quite a few games back in the day when they were available in stores or on ebay 7-8 years ago for pretty cheap compared to now but thats the case with most games anyways so it just followed the hype...nice system and nice games to start your collection. I also have the rental case with the TG16 and cd system combined. Good luck

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:56:26 PM
RGT_85 (0)
< Little Mac >
North Carolina
I thought about selling my 3DO and picking one of these up. Always loved the look of it honestly.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:24:00 AM
Bing147 (107)
(Andrew Thornton) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Big fan. Actually just grabbed Neutopia II over the weekend which will be my 27th TG16 game. I also have 11 CD games and 1 PC Engine game. If you decide to get into he CD games I recommend a PC Engine duo or PC Engine CD. Cheaper than the US counterpart and the CDs are region free. The Hucards aren't but it doesn't matter so much if you already have a US TG 16.

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:21:17 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Turbografx has a soft spot in my heart. It's one of the real oddball game systems I played often as a kid. I put countless hours into Splatterhouse and Bomberman on it. Before I sold off my collection, I had these games:

Just a few days ago I picked up a PC Engine Duo, region mod, recapped and S-Video mod, plus some games a turbo tap and five controllers. I can't wait, it's something I've been trying to find for awhile now. I'll have to post a pic once it comes in.

Edited: 07/29/2015 at 10:22 AM by NintendoTwizer

Jul 30, 2015 at 4:27:53 PM
MunsonRoyE (0)
(William ) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: RpgCollector

I love Me some TG 16. It is the system I am collecting for right now. I am 22 away from a CIB HuCard set and 23 away from a complete in box CD set!

Good Lord! I couldn't begin to imagine what that has cost you. I hope that you got most of it before the prices got super crazy. I have 68 TG-16 / PC Engine games and there are only about 10-12 more games that I want to get. I've been trying to focus on quality over quantity, but those decent title just cost so much and I've only been able to afford a couple titles here and there.

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:16:00 PM
alexkidd401 (260)
(Maui Mallard) < Lolo Lord >
United States
I actually have TG16 games for trade. Great to see so many people into system on here. It doesn't get enough love

Alexkidd401's Trade List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Alexkidd401's Want List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:19:36 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
@munson get cratermaze if you haven't already have it. loved that doremon US abomination has the right level of action that entertains me. The only expensive title left that I want is Jackie Chan's action kung fu loved it on the NES and the Turbo one I more shinier.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:51:36 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: alexkidd401

I actually have TG16 games for trade. Great to see so many people into system on here. It doesn't get enough love

Whatcha got for trade? What are you lookin to get?

Nice collection Twizer! Hope to have me a nice stack like that one of these day!

I've been wanting to check out Cratermaze!

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:33:18 PM
Viktor_Zukov (51)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
My neighbor had a TG-16 when I was a child, so we used to play Bonk on it a ton! So after 20 years, I finally just said to hell with it and bought one! Best decision ever until I realized it didn't work, unless I had an original power cable. Then the controller port died. So I just went and bought another, off a fellow NAer! Thanks for the hook up! Then I started buying some games, and I had to stop buying for it because I was going all across the board. But I definitely plan to drop some heavy $$$$ into it! Want to grab a copy of Magical Chase some day! I'll snap off a photo of my meager collection sometime tomorrow.

Stuff For Sale: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:00:10 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Got the chance to borrow Super Air Zonk for a few days last week before a buddy took it to a convention to sell. Pretty damn awesome, but I don't think it was nearly as good as Air Zonk, and it was especially not worth the $700+ price tag.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:11:56 AM
batteriesnotincluded (19)
(Devil S. Advocate) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I own:

55 Cardboard Boxed HuCard & Super CD Games + Chase H.Q. (Box Anyone?)
Dynastic Hero & Terraforming
10 PC Engine Games
Boxed TG-16
TurboCD with Carry Case
TurboDuo
TurboStick
3 TurboPads & 1 TurboDuoPad? Is that what it would be called?
PC Engine to TG16 Converter Card
Official TG16 TurboStack Shelving (3 Sections)

Want a TurboExpress and the rest of the US games. No sweat! Hahahaha!

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:30:14 AM
MunsonRoyE (0)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: abrahamh2

@munson get cratermaze if you haven't already have it. loved that doremon US abomination has the right level of action that entertains me. The only expensive title left that I want is Jackie Chan's action kung fu loved it on the NES and the Turbo one I more shinier.
Cratermaze is pretty decent for what it is. I haven't gotten that one yet. Jackie Chan is great on the TG-16. I have both that one and the one on the NES. My favorite games by far are the Shmups, which the system is pretty much known for. I have all the good TG-16 ones. Those PC Engine ones can get quite expensive though!

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:02:24 AM
Zycrow (0)
< Little Mac >
TG16/PCE is one that's been on my want list for a long time, mainly for Rondo of Blood, but I know there's a pretty big library of good games.

Given the price issues, is there any real reason to own a US TG16? The Japanese HU cards all seem much more reasonable in price, and I've always gotten the idea that PCE is mostly an action/shmup-oriented system. It seems to me that a PCE Turbo Duo would be the best route to go.

The Assortment: http://www.theassortment.tumblr.c...
Favorites: Metroid, Castlevania, Namco 18

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:13:42 AM
MunsonRoyE (0)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Zycrow

TG16/PCE is one that's been on my want list for a long time, mainly for Rondo of Blood, but I know there's a pretty big library of good games.

Given the price issues, is there any real reason to own a US TG16? The Japanese HU cards all seem much more reasonable in price, and I've always gotten the idea that PCE is mostly an action/shmup-oriented system. It seems to me that a PCE Turbo Duo would be the best route to go.

A lot of the games that came out for both are indeed cheaper on the PC Engine, but I prefer sticking to the US release games and buying PC Engine games for ones that were never released over here. Another route that people go is just buying the loose Hu Cards intead of ones in the cases and manuals. Doesn't look nearly as good on display, but is way cheaper.

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:13:47 AM
MunsonRoyE (0)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Zycrow

A lot of the games that came out for both are indeed cheaper on the PC Engine, but I prefer sticking to the US release games and buying PC Engine games for ones that were never released over here. Another route that people go is just buying the loose Hu Cards intead of ones in the cases and manuals. Doesn't look nearly as good on display, but is way cheaper.

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:20:57 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Been having a blast with the Turbografx so far! Just beat Cadash for the 3rd time. Beat it with the Fighter, Ninja & Priest so far. Just need to beat it with the Mage next.

Just set my personal high score for Soldier Blade! 1CC'ed it with 1,892,200! Impromptu Soldier Blade contest! Go!!

Havnt been able to beat any of the other shooters yet. I keep getting to the end of Air Zonk but that last boss rush is insane! Also can't get passed stage 5 in Super Star Soldier. The boss at the end of stage 4 always seems to get the best of me leaving me with no power ups for stage 5. I get to the asteroids part and die everytime. Aero Blasters is also pretty damn tough. Havnt even passed level 3 on that one. I've always been bad at horizontal shooters though.

Still having alot of fun with Bomberman 93 also! Don't have a multitap yet but me and my girl have been playing a bunch. We got to the stage 3 boss today.

I'm wondering if you all could recommend me some more good US HuCard releases. Getting the itch to pick up some more. Next on my list is Blazing Lazers & Dungeon Exploerer(a multitap will be a must at this point) then i really want to get Bonks Adventures & Bonks Revenge after those. What are some of your favorites outside of the ones mentioned? Would love some more suggestions!

Edited: 08/04/2015 at 12:24 AM by D~Funk

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:28:09 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Sinistron is a solid shooter. I think veigues (?) tactical gladiator is fun too.

www.videogamesage.com...

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:29:51 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Sinistron is a solid shooter. I think veigues (?) tactical gladiator is fun too.

Cool! I was curious about sinistron. Is it on par with or better than Aero Blasters?

I also heard good things about Side Arms!

Edited: 08/04/2015 at 12:31 AM by D~Funk

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:04:02 AM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
Sinistron is ok but IMO not better than aero blasters. For one thing aero blasters is 2 player coop and is much more challenging where as sinistron I more bland and kind of boring IMO. Side Arms I can recommend as it is a pretty good section Z ish shooter with challenging stages if possible get the CD version side arms special much easier.

As for viegues that's a mixed bag some people like it some people don't but great game. For my money as I mentioned earlier can't go wrong with cratermaze, and Legendary Axe 1 & 2 great action platformers.😊