NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

texas members...post up!

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:06:35 AM
Brachabre (9)
(Weiner Tacos) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

How the hell do you guys deal with the heat?
In Texas, the heat deals with you.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:10:32 AM
ginoscope (20)
(Gino R.) < Meka Chicken >
Texas

Well everything is air conditioned here but it does suck in the months of July and August.  I used to live in NY but I prefer this to cold winters.  The heat does not last as long as the winters did in NY.

-------------------------

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:13:37 AM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

You get used to it, or in other words you learn to get use to it. Helps being born and reared in Texas.  
I actually prefer this heat over cold anyday.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:25:44 AM
Teknoskan (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas

The same way you guys deal with the cold. You nut up or shut up. Plus, living off the coast helps. The temperature is higher but the humidity is low, so the heat doesn't stick with you unlike coastal areas with high humidity.

My Collection Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/tjhfH

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:24:27 AM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Teknoskan

The same way you guys deal with the cold. You nut up or shut up. Plus, living off the coast helps. The temperature is higher but the humidity is low, so the heat doesn't stick with you unlike coastal areas with high humidity.
Yeah, Houston heat can get straight up awful because of this. There's a reason all of their sports teams are indoors. 

Edited: 07/08/2016 at 09:25 AM by Philosoraptor

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:42:30 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Yeah, dealing with cold is easy though and it doesn't really affect the temperature on the inside of your home only outside. Plus you can only down-dress yourself so much to protect from the heat...you can bundle the hell up in the winter and you can barely feel that shit.

The heat on the other hand just is brutal.....fucking sweat dripping down my back and shit, so uncomfortable.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:08:13 AM
Teknoskan (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
You can only bundle up so much before your body heat has 100% insulation, after that you're just suffocating yourself AND freezing to death. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated, and you can survive the heat. Ask anyone on the equator. Plus, population dwindles the further cold you go.

My Collection Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/tjhfH

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:40:59 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas

Yeah, dealing with cold is easy though and it doesn't really affect the temperature on the inside of your home only outside. Plus you can only down-dress yourself so much to protect from the heat...you can bundle the hell up in the winter and you can barely feel that shit.

The heat on the other hand just is brutal.....fucking sweat dripping down my back and shit, so uncomfortable.

Man it really bothers me being bundled up.  If I wear tube socks and pants, after a couple hours I will be radiating heat from the ankle to the shin.  Also running the heater in the house makes my ears get hot and feel like they are burning.  They will also turn dark red, almost purple.  Thought I was weird until my son started having the same issues.  That makes me think it's something genetic.  I'll take a 100 deg day over a 40 deg day anytime.

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:59:23 AM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
We'd really appreciate it if we could have the Stars back.

*Tried to dodge rocks as he exits thread*

NintendoAge's Resident Tony Hawk Pro Skater Collector 

Edited: 07/09/2016 at 01:59 AM by SnowSauce

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:26:21 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
(robert thegreat) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: SnowSauce

too bad bro...

dont you have a team now, or did they move recently too?  lol

from texas or live here?  check in --->  http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&...

n64 test cart owner  collecting & trading - atari 2600, nes, snes, n64, game cube, genisis, sega cd, 32x, saturn, dreamcast, tg16, xbox, playstation 1 & 2

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:28:33 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

Man it really bothers me being bundled up.  If I wear tube socks and pants, after a couple hours I will be radiating heat from the ankle to the shin.  Also running the heater in the house makes my ears get hot and feel like they are burning.  They will also turn dark red, almost purple.  Thought I was weird until my son started having the same issues.  That makes me think it's something genetic.  I'll take a 100 deg day over a 40 deg day anytime.

the heat seems to get to me a lot more the older i get...

if it wasnt for family living here, i would prob be in cali or florida

from texas or live here?  check in --->  http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&...

n64 test cart owner  collecting & trading - atari 2600, nes, snes, n64, game cube, genisis, sega cd, 32x, saturn, dreamcast, tg16, xbox, playstation 1 & 2

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:19:44 AM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: M3CHK1LLA

Originally posted by: SnowSauce

too bad bro...

dont you have a team now, or did they move recently too?  lol

We still have them, but I think they are trying to become a soccer franchise now, or something.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:56:23 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Sucks for those of you in Minn. to lose your team back then. I have to admit, the North Stars is a pretty awesome name. Just wouldn't work for us down here, unless they moved to a Mexican league.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:43:43 PM
Podmax (37)
(M J) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
El Paso TX here!

"When in this state of mind, the controller becomes held like the last rung of a ladder that mid-90's Bruce Willis is hanging onto for dear life above a paper mache replica of the New York City skyline covered in cement, broken glass, and Lego pieces." ~ Galacticlint

SegaAge Discord Chat invite link : https://discord.gg/N...

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:33:42 PM
SnowSauce (5)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Minnesota

Sucks for those of you in Minn. to lose your team back then. I have to admit, the North Stars is a pretty awesome name. Just wouldn't work for us down here, unless they moved to a Mexican league.

What's weird is how many people still consider the North Stars their team. Not the Dallas Stars, and not the Minnesota Wild. It was the largest blow to the hockey scene up here.

It was a great organization, ole' Norm ruined it for us. That's for sure.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:27:09 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I miss seeing those old hockey teams that moved south in the '90s. It's good that there is a Winnepeg Jets team again. But the league isn't the same without the Hartford Whalers.

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:23:52 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: M3CHK1LLA

who all has gone to any of the retro expos here in texas? ive been to...

both 'lets play gaming expos'

retrofest 2 & 3

retropaloozas 1, 2 & 3

I have been to both Let's Play Gaming Expos. I plan on going to Retropalooza this year as well.

The event I really regret missing was SGC a couple of years back when Keiji Infune was there promoting MN9. Really wish I could have met him. Sigh...anyway...

I live in Chandler,TX which is outside of Tyler. It's pretty much a dead zone for video game stuff and I've never found a really good deal on anything since the few video game craigslist listings are usually overpriced and the only gaming stores we have are Game Stop and Game Xchange. 

Also,anyone been to the Free Play Arcade in Richardson or the Video Game Museum in Frisco? Maybe we can plan a day for a lot of us to meet up at either place.....if you live reasonably close anyway.

Edited: 07/30/2016 at 01:41 PM by gutsman004

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:25:55 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

I miss seeing those old hockey teams that moved south in the '90s. It's good that there is a Winnepeg Jets team again. But the league isn't the same without the Hartford Whalers.

Me too! I miss the Whalers,North Stars,and Nordiques!

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:47:53 AM
M3CHK1LLA (8)
Texas
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Me too! I miss the Whalers,North Stars,and Nordiques!

Originally posted by: SnowSauce

Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

What's weird is how many people still consider the North Stars their team. Not the Dallas Stars, and not the Minnesota Wild. It was the largest blow to the hockey scene up here.

It was a great organization, ole' Norm ruined it for us. That's for sure.

cool to see so many hockey fans in texas lol...

ive always lived in southern states and didnt know much about hockey, but really got into when the stars moved here in 93-94.  i learned to skate, then play hockey.  helped form a team, we joined several city leagues and played all over texas.  played/won a triple crown tourney at the ballpark in arlington and we won a trip to colorado, but was eliminated.  good times...

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:29:07 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
In Houston. There's not much of anything here. If there is, it's either really expensive or someone beats me to it.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:35:04 AM
ginoscope (20)
Texas
Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

In Houston. There's not much of anything here. If there is, it's either really expensive or someone beats me to it.

Yeah I guess it depends what people are looking for.  I like to shop locally in the Dallas area for nes commons.  I really don't expect to find any of the heavy hitters for a steal.  I tend to just collect nes, snes, genesis, and turbografx.  I will pickup doubles that can be used for future trade bait.  I also like to fix systems that again can be used for trade bait.  Having doubles helps to offset the cost of the more expensive games.  I also find having patience is key because there really is no rush to aquire anything.  I see people all the time getting out of the hobby and there you can find good deals if you buy in bulk.

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:03:23 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Huge hockey fan here too. Bought some gear and started playing recently. Fun sport, but it's way harder than the pros make it look. Been a Pens fan since Lemieux. Actually, I'm just a Pittsburgh sports fan in general, for better (Steelers, Pens) or worse (Pirates).

DFW is pretty much always picked clean, but I only shop at retail stores. I've gotten lucky and been at the right place at the right time and gotten some good deals, though. I try and stay ahead of the curve, and buy what fewer collectors are focusing on. I save the stuff that's in demand for eBay, since that way I'll get the item I want in the condition I want.

Edited: 08/04/2016 at 01:04 PM by Philosoraptor

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:01:05 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I never have really game hunted for console stuff as the market is pretty non existant here and I don't want to drive several hours away to potentially come back empty handed so I just buy on NA and ebay. Preferrably NA,but it is a collector's site after all....

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:34:42 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas

Also,anyone been to the Free Play Arcade in Richardson or the Video Game Museum in Frisco? Maybe we can plan a day for a lot of us to meet up at either place.....if you live reasonably close anyway.
I haven't been to either yet, although they're only about 15 minutes from where I live and really need to make trips to both. If you're ever planning to come up this way, let me know and we can see about coordinating. That would be cool!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:37:13 PM
ginoscope (20)
Texas
Originally posted by: Webhead123

I haven't been to either yet, although they're only about 15 minutes from where I live and really need to make trips to both. If you're ever planning to come up this way, let me know and we can see about coordinating. That would be cool!

Been wanting to go to the video game museum so if we wanted to organize a trip I would be down.