Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

bubble bobble 2 w/box on ebay terribly listed!

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:57:44 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Seriously, though, sorry Jone and Wookie if I've offended you... I didn't realize my observation was so inflammatory.

-------------------------

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:08:57 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Seriously, though, sorry Jone and Wookie if I've offended you... I didn't realize my observation was so inflammatory.

Arch we really don't care, it is just annoying when we have to wade through your BS sometimes.  You like to argue about politics and stuff where you are passionate, but you also like to troll topics just for the sake of padding your post count.  Those are the ones that bother people.

And as for the original topic at hand, yes this is very poorly listed auction IMO.  I found it in my usual "game lot" search, not for BB2.  When you search BB2, you probably do a NES "bubble bobble 2" title and description which wouldn't find this.  NES "Bubble Bobble part 2" also wouldn't return a match due to the comma.  You can do a title and description on Bubble Bobble 2 without the quotations and it would return a match... but it'd also return around 100 or 150 other hits with lots of bubble bobble 1s.  (I.e. if Bubble Bobble and Super Mario 2 are in the same lot, then you get a match on bubble bobble 2 without quotations.)

But once again, everyone is an expert when something hits the NA spotlight.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:13:03 PM
wookieehooky (89)
(carlos spicy weiner) < Lolo Lord >
California

Originally posted by: Battymo

Originally posted by: jonebone

Hah, whatever dude. Just because I offer a counterpoint doesn't mean I'm arguing senselessly. I'm sorry you don't appreciate my contributions. Feel free to block my posts if it makes you feel better.

Pull your head out of your ass.  You are arguing senselessly because you are posting in a thread of which you have no interest.  You aren't a reseller, you don't collect CIB and you barely collect anything at all since you are a posterboy for a PowerPak. 

Which is ironic, because this thread has done exactly what you are trying to defend.  You are one person that would have never have known this auction existed, yet have now become an expert on the subject since it was posted for the world to see.

Find another thread to troll please.

*grabs popcorn*

*waits to see what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object*

Nah, unlike Jonas appears to be, this doesn't have me wound up at all.

These guys need to watch their blood pressure.

You didn't even have to say that right now. There you are again just egging it on even more. No one is getting all worked up. It just gets irritating sometimes, that is it.

Edited: 03/17/2010 at 02:15 PM by wookieehooky

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:16:41 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia

Arch we really don't care, it is just annoying when we have to wade through your BS sometimes.  You like to argue about politics and stuff where you are passionate, but you also like to troll topics just for the sake of padding your post count.  Those are the ones that bother people.

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone!

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:18:28 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Meh, it kicked up on three of my saved searches. This one wasn't going under anyone's radar.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:19:21 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

And as for the original topic at hand, yes this is very poorly listed auction IMO.  I found it in my usual "game lot" search, not for BB2.  When you search BB2, you probably do a NES "bubble bobble 2" title and description which wouldn't find this.  NES "Bubble Bobble part 2" also wouldn't return a match due to the comma.  You can do a title and description on Bubble Bobble 2 without the quotations and it would return a match... but it'd also return around 100 or 150 other hits with lots of bubble bobble 1s.  (I.e. if Bubble Bobble and Super Mario 2 are in the same lot, then you get a match on bubble bobble 2 without quotations.)

But once again, everyone is an expert when something hits the NA spotlight.

Fair enough.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:19:36 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Shit, does that mean I'm not allowed to comment too?

BTW Batty, you're certainly on fire today.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:22:34 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Shit, does that mean I'm not allowed to comment too?

BTW Batty, you're certainly on fire today.

If everyone followed that rule, these boards would be pretty desolate...and Batty wouldn't post at all

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:26:57 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
You know, this has made an otherwise boring "everyone snipe this item that's going to go way over market value because of the NA effect now" thread into something special. I expect this to be at 50 posts (the majority off-topic) by the time I get home from work this evening. Don't disappoint!

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:34:00 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dangevin

You know, this has made an otherwise boring "everyone snipe this item that's going to go way over market value because of the NA effect now" thread into something special. I expect this to be at 50 posts (the majority off-topic) by the time I get home from work this evening. Don't disappoint!

I'm just waiting for Jonas to tell us all exactly what he had set his snipe at.  That's always my favorite part of these types of threads.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:42:17 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

I'm just waiting for Jonas to tell us all exactly what he had set his snipe at.  That's always my favorite part of these types of threads.

I don't have a snipe, I side dealed for $100 within the first couple of hours it was listed and the seller said she already had 3 offers and was going to let the auction run its course.

No bids at the time so no one should whine about it.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:43:37 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

I don't have a snipe, I side dealed for $100 within the first couple of hours it was listed and the seller said she already had 3 offers and was going to let the auction run its course.

No bids at the time so no one should whine about it.

You so savvy Jonas!

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:23:21 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Honestly, I didnt see it, but I am now. I will honestly admit it. Will my bid sway the outcome? Very well possibly as I need this game. But due to condition, I doubt I will pay its ending price, as, NA tends to make sales go through the roof.

Anyways, there are a lot of lurkers here, and I guarantee the watch count has at least tripled if not more. Page views are increasing rapidly, and yes, posting this does affect the sales.

Sean, its usually not a good idea to post good deals like this (unless its a random good BIN). Unless its an SE or some other crazy $1,000+ item....

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:29:00 PM
randomhajile (60)
(Sean Daigle) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
the only reason I posted this is because the lady who's auction it was said there were 74 watchers, which means there aint nobody getting a deal on this, so might as well advertise that there is a bb2 box on ebay in a non-bin auction (which has happened maybe twice in 6 months). she seems like a nice lady so I figure I'd get her more bidders. my bad if it was against the rules or whatever. didnt know, and i wont do it again.

Edited: 03/17/2010 at 03:30 PM by randomhajile

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:33:11 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Not against the rules, it just makes some members sour. I usually just stay away from posting anything that will piss multiple ppl off. I had 20+ watchers on my vintage fisher price playset i found at goodwill for $8, it ended at $38 CIB. I made profit, it was worth $50-75, and the second highest bidder was a reseller with 7,000 feedback. I remember auctioning off a zelda placemat also, it had 35 watchers, and ended at $25. So, sometimes, watch count doesn't mean much.

Anyways, a lot of amateurs and hobbyists are looking to get this cheap. Many, may only bid $125-150, it could have ended there, who knows.

Regardless, just saying when I first came here and did it, I got a lot of backlash from it, and it wasn't worth it to me....

It also makes people mad that do hours of searching, find something like this, only to have someone post "zOMG!!! RARE!!! I cant afford it so someone else buy it!!!!"

Doesnt bother me, haha, you helped me by finding it, but just giving you another perspective.

Edited: 03/17/2010 at 03:36 PM by ars2pd

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:39:41 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota

When you search BB2, you probably do a NES "bubble bobble 2" title and description which wouldn't find this. 

I just searched for bubble bobble 2 and it popped up. A lot of people dont use quotes around their search terms. It's only looking for those 3 words in the same description. So naturally, you're going to get a lot of auctions with bubble bobble part 1 and say Super Mario 2.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:40:42 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Sean, I've read and reread the FAQs on NA just now for this, I don't see any set rule against this.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:42:53 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: MrClutch

When you search BB2, you probably do a NES "bubble bobble 2" title and description which wouldn't find this. 

I just searched for bubble bobble 2 and it popped up. A lot of people dont use quotes around their search terms. It's only looking for those 3 words in the same description. So naturally, you're going to get a lot of auctions with bubble bobble part 1 and say Super Mario 2.

I didn't bother to test searching for it after I saw Bubble Bobble, Part 2 listed in the description.  I just figured it'd be easy to find.

Evidently, my lesson for the week is that I seem to be the only person who doesn't use quotes when they search.  This same issue came up about the movie title on the Tetris documentary...

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:47:38 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Originally posted by: PSerge

Sean, I've read and reread the FAQs on NA just now for this, I don't see any set rule against this.

Exactly as I said...there is no rule against this. But, it does make members bitter towards the poster...and it can cause some hatred and spite towards them. Again, I learned this same way when first coming here, and I wont do it again.

I also dont search with quotes for the record. lol am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the link tho! haha. If I had been watching this I would be pissed myself . I think this is 1/100 that I wasnt watching when posted.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:51:04 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
It may make some members bitter, but you can't leave your life worrying about what others think all the time.

Sean was trying to hook someone up, and the people that generally need help finding stuff don't have 10,000 saved searches triggered on Ebay items.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:52:50 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

Originally posted by: MrClutch

I didn't bother to test searching for it after I saw Bubble Bobble, Part 2 listed in the description.  I just figured it'd be easy to find.

Evidently, my lesson for the week is that I seem to be the only person who doesn't use quotes when they search.  This same issue came up about the movie title on the Tetris documentary...

Some of us run lots of searches in day.  If I was bored at work and it's a slow day, I can easily run 500+ searches, not even including the saved ones that run automatically.  But that is also because I collect for NES / SNES / Genny / N64 / PS1.  100 searches per platform really isn't a lot when you think some titles like BB2 can be searched as "Bubble bobble 2" and "Bubble Bobble Part 2".  Also, you can virtually run every Playstation search twice, once as PS1 and once as Playstation -PS2 -PS3. 

If I didn't use quotes there's no way in hell I could run that many searches.  I don't have time to browse through 100 false positives on a ordinary Bubble Bobble 2 search.  If you do then congratulations, I miss the days where I could spend hours and hours searching NES and not get bored.  Now I have to be more efficient since I collect a multitude of things.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:54:17 PM
Eb69 (83)
(Danny Buckles) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
I don't care if the lady had 300 people watching it. Posting up something like this is more than a little annoying. 290 of those people could have been just watching to see how it ended and the other 10 waiting till the last second to bid to get a deal and save some money for something in their collection. If it was something a little more high end like a SE cart then maybe if it's already really high. This is as bad as emailing someone selling good stuff on CL cheap with ebay links because you didn't get to them first imo.

Who is this PPG punk and why is his initials on every 3rd cart I find!?!

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:55:53 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Note for all users who want something posted in the future, Please PM ME the link and I will gladly post it publicly for all the naysayers to complain at me.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:55:57 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee

I love how people think they are the only ones watching "poorly listed" auctions. If you can see it, chances are everyone will see it over the course of a 7 day listing.

Not that I really use ebay, but I think this sums up what I think pretty well.

Everyone else weighed in, I figured I could too. 

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:59:59 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Granted, I dont search a ton like you do but I never use quotes because of this example. Usually the best deals are from poorly listed auctions.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.