Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

May 09 at 1:38:38 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
So that grey NWC 196 just sold for 42k. Holy moly. What are everyone’s thoughts on how this will effect prices going forward?

-------------------------
Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

May 09 at 2:36:52 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: maximus_clean

So that grey NWC 196 just sold for 42k. Holy moly. What are everyone’s thoughts on how this will effect prices going forward?

Such a nice copy. I'm surprised the seller didn't want to hold out 2 more weeks just to see what happens with #260 despite condition issues. But I'm a gambling man who doesn't own NWC and $42k cash is $42k cash. I know some people were saying NWC is overpriced in $20k land, is it still?   Gawking at these big sales makes my day.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 05/09/2019 at 02:38 PM by DefaultGen

May 09 at 2:42:04 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I also think that one got a premium due to how nice it looks. (And hey, if you're already dropping 25K why not drop 17 more)

It'll be interesting to see where that 260 finishes.

May 09 at 2:43:27 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
The big difference here is the $42,000 isn't going to pay an insane amount of fees to HA. They take a masssive cut.

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

May 09 at 2:59:41 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States

The big difference here is the $42,000 isn't going to pay an insane amount of fees to HA. They take a masssive cut.

Browsing coin and comic forums, I see posts of sellers with big commissions ($10,000-$200,000) claiming to negotiate 100%+ of hammer price. The buyer's premium is a hit, but it looks like fees are very negotiable when it comes to big money items. I'm guessing you're not paying 15% seller commission on the hammer price and BP for the holy grail of video games.

Edited: 05/09/2019 at 03:00 PM by DefaultGen

May 09 at 3:06:34 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yes, I've heard that and I even remember someone from HA giving a guideline at some point on one of the comic forums as to how much $ consignment you'd need to expect to generate to get what sort of fee cut.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 05/09/2019 at 03:11 PM by Bronty

May 09 at 3:07:18 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I also think that one got a premium due to how nice it looks. (And hey, if you're already dropping 25K why not drop 17 more)

It'll be interesting to see where that 260 finishes.
it was a very nice condition copy for sure

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 09 at 3:12:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
So with that HA auction in the background, did the buyer buy too soon or the seller sell too soon?

May 09 at 4:20:44 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Bronty

So with that HA auction in the background, did the buyer buy too soon or the seller sell too soon?

Even if the buyer "bought too soon" with the condition it's in it'll realize that price soon enough.

If the seller left money on the table, I don't think it was a significant amount.   As mentioned, at least there's no premium in a private sale.

May 09 at 4:41:18 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Even if the buyer "bought too soon" with the condition it's in it'll realize that price soon enough.

If the seller left money on the table, I don't think it was a significant amount.   As mentioned, at least there's no premium in a private sale.

It was me. I bought it.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 09 at 5:08:07 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

you know, that's what I was thinking too.   Neither party has anything to complain about.

May 09 at 10:59:50 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

A consigner is prob paying 15% total on an item like a NWC (meaning 0% consignment and they get a quarter of the BP back), so the owner of that NWC is probably already around 18k, with a week and the live auction to go. What do you think it could have sold for privately?

My guess is this time next week, that 42k looks like a great buy.

Edited: 05/09/2019 at 11:03 PM by ExplodedHamster

May 10 at 6:54:37 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Im not so sure, as I have trouble seeing the heritage copy doing any more than that, but you never know I suppose.   I wouldn’t have guessed 5k on your smb 3 either  

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 06:55 AM by Bronty

May 10 at 7:13:28 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Yeah pump the brakes a bit. I think some people are delusional if they think these prices can keep up for the rest of time. I'd much rather be the seller than buyer in this market. Exceptionally rare and exceptionally high grade stuff is the exception, not the norm. All of this mid grade or common / uncommon stuff isn't going to take off.

Having said that I would not sell anything I can't live without, but there's plenty of items I'll trim with the expectation of buying back cheaper.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

May 10 at 7:36:16 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Collecting is new and fun to a new set of wealthy collectors. They like AAA minty sealed fan favorites, and now, top tier "grails".

Rationalities are thrown out the window because we can only build our idea of what is rational from past experiences of known collectors, and some deep pocket shadow collectors.

That being said, I agree that we're in a sellers market right now but don't let go of anything truly precious just yet. You will almost certainly never see it again, at least for the the price you sold it for anyway.

May 10 at 7:38:24 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

Im not so sure, as I have trouble seeing the heritage copy doing any more than that, but you never know I suppose.   I wouldn’t have guessed 5k on your smb 3 either  

Well that copy isn’t as nice, but I think this will sell higher on HA, even with the BP, than it would have privately. I’m saying I think Adam will be happy with the 42k relative to what this copy goes for.

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 07:38 AM by ExplodedHamster

May 10 at 7:53:15 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Collecting is new and fun to a new set of wealthy collectors. They like AAA minty sealed fan favorites, and now, top tier "grails".

Rationalities are thrown out the window because we can only build our idea of what is rational from past experiences of known collectors, and some deep pocket shadow collectors.

That being said, I agree that we're in a sellers market right now but don't let go of anything truly precious just yet. You will almost certainly never see it again, at least for the the price you sold it for anyway.

Yeah, that’s my 9.6 FF in the Signature and I’m already kind of regretting it. I think it’s gonna go for what we would have considered “crazy money” a few months ago, but nothing compared to what it would have in 5 years. I have saved a number of other rare, high-grade items, though. 

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 08:57 AM by ExplodedHamster

May 10 at 7:57:17 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Yeah, that’s my 9.6 FF in the Signature and I’m already kind of regretting it. I think it’s gonna go for what we would have considered “crazy money” a few months ago, but nothing compared to what it would have in 5 years. I have saved a handful or more of other rare, high-grade items, though. 

Should have waited for the release of Final Fantasy 7 remake (trailer just dropped today I think) or even better, next May is 30 years since FF1 released in the US. 

Also, it’s still gonna go for something crazy. It’s a 9.6. A 9.6 airwolf or monopoly might go for stupid numbers.

Edited: 05/10/2019 at 07:58 AM by PowerPlayers

May 16 at 3:12:26 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
$26,400 on NWC #260 WATA 5.5

May 16 at 3:48:21 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: 98ViperGTS

In the normal range expected (22,000 without BP). I would sale the SE and I’m sure someone with jump on hard cash. 

May 16 at 4:01:45 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
NWC is the sanest thing I've seen sold on HA   DK3 sold for $28,800 for anyone who doesn't want to log in too.

May 16 at 4:08:47 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

In the normal range expected (22,000 without BP). I would sale the SE and I'm sure someone with jump on hard cash. 

It actually went for less than I offered Adam for the cart (before it was graded).

Working on a sale now. There's still hope for me 😊

May 16 at 4:12:12 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida

Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

In the normal range expected (22,000 without BP). I would sale the SE and I'm sure someone with jump on hard cash. 

It actually went for less than I offered Adam for the cart (before it was graded). Working on a sale now. There's still hope for me 😊

Awesome news! Keep us posted.

May 16 at 4:55:13 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
These auctions end way too early in the day.

May 16 at 5:52:08 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
I just noticed that the prototype auctions say "Prototypes are essentially the original art of the video game world"

Any of you art people have something to say about that?