Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every SNES Game in a Year - 2014 Better late than never. Progress: 201/720; 27.9%

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:14:43 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: Jig

Originally posted by: attakid101

Sunset Riders. Beat. Bury me with my SNES!

Dude, where do you find the time? You've beat like 8 games in 24 hours....

Like Wizard said...I had three beat already coming in and the other games were pretty short. I beat the Power Rangers fighting game in like 20 minutes. Pitfall took some time though, but I still sailed through it fairly fast - I owned it as a kid.
You're a god damn maniac. I'm still busting my ass trying to get Castlevania IV beaten. And Sunset Riders kicks my d*ck every time...

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:00:45 AM
Jig (4)
(Josh ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas

Sunset Riders. Beat. Bury me with my SNES!

Dude, where do you find the time? You've beat like 8 games in 24 hours....

Like Wizard said...I had three beat already coming in and the other games were pretty short. I beat the Power Rangers fighting game in like 20 minutes. Pitfall took some time though, but I still sailed through it fairly fast - I owned it as a kid.
You're a god damn maniac. I'm still busting my ass trying to get Castlevania IV beaten. And Sunset Riders kicks my d*ck every time...

I've beat Castlevania IV a few times before. The first two thirds of the game is pretty easy and the bosses even easier - especially if you have the cross. However, the last part is pretty tough.

I just paused the game I'm playing right now, I'm almost done with it. I'll be sure to post pictures. Hint: it is one of the best beat'em up on the SNES.

-------------------------

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:55:56 AM
Jig (4)
Texas
Ninja Warriors. Beat on normal.

I want to say two things: my hands hurt and Kunoichi is the hottest ninja ever!

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:33:54 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Just got WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game myself. Figured I'd knock off a quick one before bed since I hadn't done any gaming today

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:24:20 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland

Makin' some progress on this one with the help of the gamer's best friends: A bulbasaur and a beer

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:54:20 PM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
Originally posted by: DOPLIC

Aaaaaaaaaaand done.

That is a really difficult game...

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:07:04 PM
TobyManhattan (23)
(Jamie T) < Meka Chicken >
Canada
I've been struggling with MMX2 for a couple days now. I'm on Serges in the last stage and he's pretty tough after you blow up all his cannons.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:32:23 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho

Ninja Warriors. Beat on normal.

I want to say two things: my hands hurt and Kunoichi is the hottest ninja ever!
Let me get that Ninja Warriors now that your done with it. Be a pal.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:46:10 PM
SAG26 (53)
(Shane Geiger) < El Ripper >
Washington
Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse is done.

Hey Yo!

Can NA Beat Every GameBoy Game? - 2015 <--Join Us!

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:24:57 PM
Dguru (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Since I'm gonna be "That Guy", I'll go and beat Tetris Attack right now on emulator.

I died 3 times but made it to the end and beat bowser. Good times for all. Edit again: Wait, didn't quite read the rules. Off to play it again for the best ending.

(this game is such a shitlord with a bad controller)

THERE 

Working on a Panel De Pon collection!  Click the link for details =3
(seriously not collecting Tetris)

Edited: 01/23/2014 at 01:21 PM by Dguru

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:36:04 PM
Dguru (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Starting Wario's Woods: Round Game

Round 20. Here's where it gets a bit tricky =\

Round 40.  Gonna take a break and make some fooooooooooooood

Edited: 01/23/2014 at 02:25 PM by Dguru

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:48:35 PM
Jig (4)
Texas
Desert Strike. Beat.

I love this game. I have such great memories of my dad and I playing this game when I was a kid. Such an underrated game too! Simply fantastic!

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:08:42 PM
Dguru (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon

Progress for the night. This game can be so frustrating. Holy hell.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:47:38 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland

Super Metroid... DONE! One of the best games on the SNES, let alone the best. Also, I would even go as far as calling it one of the best games of all time to show how much I enjoyed playing through this game

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 01/24/2014 at 03:52 PM by Vectrex28

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:27:20 PM
Wasbi (14)
(Jon Wasabi) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
I recently beat:
SMRPG lotss
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II

I'll just post here as I beat my games again lmao

Vanilla-Zelda CIB collection completion: 98.9%
Missing: 4-Swords Adventures Gamecube Inserts/Manual (PM me if you're selling!)

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:16:30 PM
SAG26 (53)
(Shane Geiger) < El Ripper >
Washington
Originally posted by: iGerik

I recently beat:
SMRPG lotss
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II

I'm not trying to speak for the_wizard here, but from my own experience running one of these threads, it would probably be easier if you just made a new post when you beat more games instead of editing your one post. Editing your post makes it real easy to miss any new games that you might beat.

Hey Yo!

Can NA Beat Every GameBoy Game? - 2015 <--Join Us!

Edited: 01/24/2014 at 08:16 PM by SAG26

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:11:27 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: SAG26

I recently beat:
SMRPG lotss
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II

I'm not trying to speak for the_wizard here, but from my own experience running one of these threads, it would probably be easier if you just made a new post when you beat more games instead of editing your one post. Editing your post makes it real easy to miss any new games that you might beat.

What he said. Make new posts, the old one will get lost in a hurry.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:46:56 AM
RetroSauce (176)
(Andrew Sauce) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I completed a game I had never played before X-Kaliber. Overall not a terrible game, but the boss battles were super weak and pretty much just amounted to button mashing and cheap corner trapping. I couldn't figure out any other way to kill the bosses : /

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:55:22 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho
Just beat Castlevania IV. FINALLY. Didn't take a pic but I'll beat it again.

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:15:02 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

I recently beat:
SMRPG lotss
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II

Couple questions - First, were they all done in January?  If you finished any of them in December they won't count for this year's list, but if January, that's okay.  And the other question is for Street Fighter II...basically, there are no endings if the difficulty is below 4 if I remember correctly, which would be the minimum requirement to scratch it off.  I'm going to mark them off for the time being, but I'd like to hear confirmation from you.  I can always readjust the list if I need to.

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:22:44 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Just beat Castlevania IV. FINALLY. Didn't take a pic but I'll beat it again.

See the rules - no pics are required   You can do it again if you'd like though, but don't think you have to

Anyway, list is up to date...who'll get #50?

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:31:58 PM
Dguru (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Don't know if I care enough to beat the last 20 levels of Wario's Woods. That game...

That fucking game.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:18:03 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
You're so close, just do it! It's not like you have to do it NOW though. You've got about 11 months or so to do it. Games like that are better if you space it out.

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:16:57 PM
Wasbi (14)
(Jon Wasabi) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I recently beat:
SMRPG lotss
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II

Couple questions - First, were they all done in January?  If you finished any of them in December they won't count for this year's list, but if January, that's okay.  And the other question is for Street Fighter II...basically, there are no endings if the difficulty is below 4 if I remember correctly, which would be the minimum requirement to scratch it off.  I'm going to mark them off for the time being, but I'd like to hear confirmation from you.  I can always readjust the list if I need to.

All beat within the month.
SFII beat with Dhalsim on hardest difficult.

SMRPGLOTSS was beat on Friday, completed 100% except for 100 super jumps. lmao

Vanilla-Zelda CIB collection completion: 98.9%
Missing: 4-Swords Adventures Gamecube Inserts/Manual (PM me if you're selling!)

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:00:14 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I just realized "lotss" was the subtitle...I thought you were saying you'd beat it several times XD

Also, glad I'm not the only one who uses Dhalsim...he's my best character (although I suck regardless of who I fight with ).