Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3ds street pass Yea or nah ? Thoughts and opinions.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:58:13 AM
thewalrusisal (42)
(Minister Pumpkin) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Basically StreetPass lets your 3DS talk to other 3DS's as they get near each other. My Mii is sent to their 3DS, their Mii is sent to mine. From there you can play a couple of the preinstalled games (a puzzle piece swapping game and a mini-RPG) with the other Mii's that you've collected. You also keep track of where the Mii's come from to try to fill in a map and check off certain achievements (like meet Mii's from 2 different states, etc.).

Certain games (like Super Mario 3D Land) also incorporate the function with added bonuses (SM3L gives you extra toad houses, for instance).

It's nothing super deep, but a nice diversion and like others have said, it entices you to bring your 3DS with you when you leave the house.

-------------------------

NintendoID:  TheWalrus
3DS Friend Code:  3093-8213-0883
PSN: TheWalrusIsAl

I buy and collect the game, but if you guys can give me any insight on the game I like game to game game game game? - Blastocystosis

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:33:46 AM
Item90 (12)
(Micah Daby) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
I like it. I have 50+ right now, and it's fun to find out you passed someone that's rocking out the same games and interests. I opened mine once at a movie theater while in line, and I realized the guy next to me was added. We ended up talking, and he was a retro collector as well. It isn't super deep, but I think it's a fun addition.

WTB: Donkey Kong Jr. Manual.  PM Me!

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:58:28 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
I tagged 200 people in a day at a convention On regular travels I tag a handful of people on the weekend if I take public transit instead of driving or walk around a mall.

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?