Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

CERTIFIEDLINK.COM auctions end Tuesday split off from heritage thread

Jul 09 at 1:21:51 PM
Yup (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Florida
It'll be fun to watch for sure. I'm wondering if some of these will make a last minute jump. Seems like some of the prices are pretty stagnant. It's quiet......too quiet....

Jul 09 at 1:43:07 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Yup

It'll be fun to watch for sure. I'm wondering if some of these will make a last minute jump. Seems like some of the prices are pretty stagnant. It's quiet......too quiet....

How do these Comiclink auctions normally go? As someone who comes from Ebay, I expect the price to jump 100% in the last 6 seconds, because that's when everyone's snipes go off. With these auctions people seemed to have bid realistic max bids fairly early.

-------------------------
Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jul 09 at 1:45:47 PM
Yup (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Florida
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

How do these Comiclink auctions normally go? As someone who comes from Ebay, I expect the price to jump 100% in the last 6 seconds, because that's when everyone's snipes go off. With these auctions people seemed to have bid realistic max bids fairly early.

I haven't bid on their auctions either. Structurally, it's the same as Ebay vs. HA so I'm willing to bet some people are waiting until it really matters. 

Jul 09 at 1:50:14 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Heritage bidding gets extended every time there is a bid.   CLINK bidding is a drop dead time like ebay.

You would think that people wait, and they do with comics, but for whatever reason game buyers seem to be getting their bids in earlier, on heritage at least.    I expect maybe a little movement at the end but not a ton?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 09 at 1:54:22 PM
Yup (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Florida
I just went back to look and see if higher end or lower end games were moving...that SMB CIB is now over 14k.

Jul 09 at 1:54:52 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Well there's no automated sniping software specific to certifiedlink so I would expect only a few jumps instead of typical across the board last second jumps you'd see on eBay.

And no offense to certifiedlink but man that site is dated. Even more reason to get your bid in early because I wouldn't trust a second or two delay on that site interface. Better safe than sorry if you were on the fence for something.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 09 at 2:03:59 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
It's certainly been criticized for being dated before, and I share that view but their team is great to deal with and the fees lower. Heritage has top of the line everything but the fees are higher. I think both houses are great.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 02:04 PM by Bronty

Jul 09 at 2:04:53 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ and yes re lack of sniping software

Jul 09 at 5:03:39 PM
Roloking (0)
(Tom S) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Can someone shed some light on this particular auction for me?

http://www.certifiedlink.com/auct...

Why is this selling so high? It says in the listing it's a first edition but wouldn't an early edition be a 5-screw cart?

Jul 09 at 5:04:04 PM
unish25 (0)
(Shinu Chacko) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
Does anyone know if the winning bids will be displayed after the auctions close?
or
Will they remove the listing after the auctions have been completed?

Heritage leaves their prices on the website. I do not see something similar for Certified Link

Jul 09 at 5:12:53 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: unish25

Does anyone know if the winning bids will be displayed after the auctions close?
or

Heritage leaves their prices on the website. I do not see something similar for Certified Link

Nevermind.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 05:13 PM by rlh

Jul 09 at 5:15:59 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Roloking

Can someone shed some light on this particular auction for me?

http://www.certifiedlink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTI...

Why is this selling so high? It says in the listing it's a first edition but wouldn't an early edition be a 5-screw cart?

Well, for one it's not Rev-A, so this is likely a first release, but it's not a 5-screw.  5-screws aren't to uncommon for LoZ, so I guess what matters is the box.  That's my guess, though.  I wasn't aware if that was a rare title or not.  Price seems high to me too, unless that first edition is legit hard to come by.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jul 09 at 5:47:10 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: unish25

or

They only leave their prices up for a couple days

Jul 09 at 5:49:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
22k now on that mario. That consignor is awfully happy right now. That's not sustainable for a low grade used copy

Jul 09 at 5:51:49 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Cib not even sealed.. crazy

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Jul 09 at 5:54:41 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
And low grade. Just ugh.

Jul 09 at 6:09:22 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Hey man, you started all this lol

Jul 09 at 6:13:00 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Regarding sustainability, short term, likely not sustainable. Long term? Absolutely it is. Don’t think there are that many out there, though I know a couple people have a lot.

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 06:16 PM by ExplodedHamster

Jul 09 at 6:35:23 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Never thought the Mario would have been so much higher than the Stadium Events (I'm assuming people are going to try to snipe it later on in the auction). I get that it's like a super first edition of the game but, dude your spending $22k on Super Mario Bros. it says right in the auction description that 40 million of these exist. Maybe not 40 million of the NYC test market copies. You gotta love Mario something fierce to set down that amount of money. I'd rather have a NWC cart, but to each his own. Makes the world a fun place to live in.

edit: is the cart different from any other Joe Schmo SMB cart or is it just the box?

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 06:36 PM by a3quit4s

Jul 09 at 6:41:27 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Ugh perhaps but Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Regarding sustainability, short term, likely not sustainable. Long term? Absolutely it is. Don’t think there are that many out there, though I know a couple people have a lot.

Ugh perhaps but five figures for a cib makes my brain hurt

Jul 09 at 6:43:16 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
Wonder if they will ship in the mail............

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Jul 09 at 6:44:17 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
LMAO is that for real, 22K for a beat to shit copy of SMB? Is this due to the influx of comic book marks blowing money on shit they know nothing about?

Jul 09 at 6:47:08 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bronty

Ugh perhaps but Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Ugh perhaps but five figures for a cib makes my brain hurt

I told y’all they don’t care for Saran Wrap. They only care about the actual item not whether it was sealed or not. I bet sealed has little to no premium anymore.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 09 at 6:48:45 PM
klv123 (0)
(Biff Webster) < Little Mac >
Ohio
How many sticker seals are out there?

Jul 09 at 6:54:38 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
So what's a better condition CIB copy than that but with a shiny sticker worth? Because I bought one for $10 a few years ago.  Also really have to question WATA's grading system if that ranks at a 6.0.  That shit looks like a 2 or a 3 to me.

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 06:59 PM by pegboy