Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can't get a boy and his blob to run on the AVS

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:11:44 PM
Crlilly (0)

< Cherub >
I have tried several cleanings of both the game pins and the consoles pins. I have tested the game on other NES systems and it works perfectly but for some reason I am never able to get the AVS to recognize the cart. I have managed to get the game to boot to the title screen once but it had several graphical glitches and the game froze shortly after that. Anyone else having this problem? I have also had a similar issue with Godzilla Monster of Monsters except that game does actually boot and play, although that is a rare occurance.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:22:52 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Is there a green strip on the pin edges?

If not, sometimes random carts (not titles, carts) have been causing issues. Best email [email protected] and tell them the exact glitch you see.

If you have a spare ABAHB cart, might try that one.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:26:43 PM
Crlilly (0)

< Cherub >
I did look and there are green stripes on the pins.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:32:03 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Try inserting by pushing the left side first. Meaning, lay it in the tray, push it gently up to touch the pins, and then firmly on the left side, then the right. That's how I (eventually) got my green strip Tetris cart to work.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:34:14 PM
Crlilly (0)

< Cherub >
Wow. Worked first try! Thanks!

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:39:50 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
*thumbs up*

It's caused by pin connectors that are too short for those green strip games.

RetroUSB should have a replacement pin for those pesky green strip games in a few months (their words.) It's a very easy install, since it's on a modular board. Open the case, pull out old, put in new, close case, done.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:53:24 PM
jacobsod (0)
< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Try inserting by pushing the left side first. Meaning, lay it in the tray, push it gently up to touch the pins, and then firmly on the left side, then the right. That's how I (eventually) got my green strip Tetris cart to work.

Thank you for this!  I was having heck getting Dragon Warrior to work (2 carts, everything clean) and since I started inserting left side in 1st like you said, no problems!  First time I heard about these green strips.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:22:14 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
We need to make a sticky thread or something. "Does your game not work on AVS? Read this before making a thread!"

Glad it works.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:24:11 PM
thegreatone1981 (9)
(Justin Conn) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
i couldnt get Tecmo Bowl to work on the AVS, along with Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. is there a list of games that arent compatible with the system?

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:52:56 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: thegreatone1981
i couldnt get Tecmo Bowl to work on the AVS, along with Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. is there a list of games that arent compatible with the system?
There aren't any titles that are incompatible, just individual carts users are finding, highlighting differences in manufacturing, etc. For instance, I have two Xexyz carts that locks my system up, but Xexyz runs on others'.

First thing is to check for the green strip. That one is fairly easily remedied as noted in my post above.

Second, try cleaning. Alcohol or Weiman Stove cleaner. It might just be dirty enough.

Third, email [email protected] and let them know so they can log the problem and possibly address it in a firmware update. Let them know if the games do work on a regular NES or anything else that might help.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:30:04 PM
thegreatone1981 (9)
(Justin Conn) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
yes these games work on a regular nes with no problem. nothing on the avs.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:46:27 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado

There aren't any titles that are incompatible, just individual carts users are finding, highlighting differences in manufacturing, etc. For instance, I have two Xexyz carts that locks my system up, but Xexyz runs on others'.

First thing is to check for the green strip. That one is fairly easily remedied as noted in my post above.

Second, try cleaning. Alcohol or Weiman Stove cleaner. It might just be dirty enough.

Third, email [email protected] and let them know so they can log the problem and possibly address it in a firmware update. Let them know if the games do work on a regular NES or anything else that might help.

What do you mean by lock up the system? I maybe having that issue but I'm not sure as a factory restore isn't even working. 

-------------------------

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:59:16 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Both my NTSC and PAL copies worked without problems.

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:57:15 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

What do you mean by lock up the system? I maybe having that issue but I'm not sure as a factory restore isn't even working. 

The game freezes and the controller doesn't respond. It requires either a reset or powering off.

It's only that game, but apparently the Xexyz ROM acts up on my AVS.