Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Question about 2 Nintendo Switch controller options 8bitdo SN30 Pro and Mayflash adapter

Sep 08 at 1:53:59 AM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Hey all.  I got a Nintendo Switch recently and have been dabbling wtih Mario Maker 2 among other games.

Anyway, I was looking into getting another controller or possibly an adapter and I had two thoughts.

Option 1

The first one that jumped out at me was the 8bitdo SN30 Pro.  Product page is below:

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Sn3...

I like the look of it and the fact that it's also supposedly usable by Android devices REALLY sounds amazing.  It'd be a very multipurpose controller.

However, I've heard that some people have had problems with this company's controllers going bad bad after 2 months of use and that there's no customer support nor any refunds if that happens.  A lot of these reviews were from 2018, so maybe the issue's been resolved.  Still, that's unacceptable if that's the case.  Has anyone had any experience with any of their merchandise?

Option 2

The second option I was considering was the Mayflash Magic-NS Wireless Adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-M...

This one seems like you can either insert a wired controller and use it or you can use an assortment of wireless ones.  I have a wired controller that I like to use with my PC, but I could see using it on the Switch.  It won't have the Android support, however.

I don't know.  Hard to decide.  I just know I want an upgrade from the Joycon and the Pro controller didn't quite seem to do it for me...  Thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.

-------------------------
My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

Sep 08 at 1:08:32 PM
AndyonaSkateboard (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Hey bro, did you ever get into SNES programming? I don't have any experience with those controllers.

Sep 08 at 1:27:58 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
The 8bit do stuff is pretty awesome. I have the version of that controller without the handlebars, and I can recommend their products. The mayflash adapter is good, but you still might find yourself with a controller that doesn't have all the features you need. The 8bit do I have has the gyro and rumble built in.