Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collect other stuff besides nes

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:01:40 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Does anyone collect for other systems besides nes. I collect for several systems but trying to concentrate on n64..Anyone else going after n64. I can see n64 harder to find in the future as I belive it was the last system that had cartridge based games. Im also trying to finish off my atari 7800 collection but it seems the people with the 7800 games set prices and hardly ever start auctions at 99 cents and let them run.

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:09:00 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
I pick up N64 games whenever I see something that catches my eye but the systems Im focusing on is the NES of course and SNES... Im at around 150 snes games and 80 n64 games but im finding them very difficult to find locally....

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:22:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
a little bit of sealed gameboy and snes, in a half-assed manner. that's about it. It's fun to diversify at least a little bit.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:23:56 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I only seriously collect for NES (I can't afford anything else) I have like 10 other systems but only have games I really enjoy on them. I have recenly started collecting GameCube Demo Discs for some reason, and I have about half of those right now.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:00:47 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
NES rules and is my primary collection piece!! I have a SNES and about 50 games, I have 99% of the complete Sega Game Gear collection including all of the known accessories, etc and 4 complete systems (Always was my favorite hand held system because of the TV tuner), I also have a PS2 and about 50 complete games. I don't collect PS2 I just love some of the games to play like all the SOCOM games and the early Twisted Metal games.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:32:14 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
I am mostly trying to get a complete NES collection at the moment I got over 300 games now with a little over 100 cib. I also collect for N64, Atari 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision, Sega Master and Sega Genesis. I also pick-up what ever accessories I can find for them as well.

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:11:45 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
well anyone collecting for n64 have extras of games, boxes or manuals give me a pm I have some items to trade

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:07:14 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I've been thinking about collecting SNES, but the prices are getting up there. I wish I'd stated that lot system a long time ago! I've thought about collecting GB for a while now, simply because I love that system as well and they're *smaller* than NES and won't take up as much room!

-Dain

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:20:48 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
See Ive found that the SNES seems to be cheaper than the NES because there arnt as many games that would go for $30+. other than the competition carts (which im not even interested in) I dont think theres any game that fetches more than $50 loose. but see Im not a complete guy so maybe its tougher and more expensive to find games with the boxes and stuff....

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:55:41 PM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Im going to get you guys into the n64 there are actually quite a few decent games and not a large volume of games. Plus the prices are really good at this point in time. plus its still nintendo

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:42:16 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Currently I collect NES and N64, with some slight interest in SNES.

Wrldstrman, I have a quick question - Are there any hard to find "under the rader" n64 boxes or manuals that you can't seem to get your hands on? I can't ever seem to find the manual for Sculptor's Cut, or the box/manual for Stunt Racer, but are there others that are hard to find that I don't know about? Also - I am very happy to say that I own the only CIB copy of ISS 2000 I've ever seen pop up. ISS 2000 is a very rare game, though not necessarily valuable (yet).

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:01:49 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
I collect pretty much every 8 bit system (including TG16 as it has an 8 bit CPU). My second biggest set after NES is Atari 2600 with 240 games (mostly loose). I'm half way on Atari 7800, 50+ SMS, 40 INTV, and so on down the line, with everything CIB except 2600 games.

...and I don't think N64 will ever garner huge prices in the future, so I don't know why some people are in such a rush to snap them up to be "in before the rush." The N64 was not a phenomenon or "the thing" for an entire generation. I'll never collect for any system that I don't enjoy playing as that's where I think you cross some sort of line (though I don't know what line it is exactly). That's why I don't collect SNES. At first I was doing SNES 50/50 with NES back in 1999 but I quickly realized that almost every damn SNES game is a mindless rehash of a NES game but with better graphics and worse play control and *way* less inspiration. It's like the magic was gone. With NES I never knew what to expect when a new game came out but with SNES it's like "Oh look, it's another zelda and another mario and another castlevania and another..." I think the only SNES upgrade I've ever liked better than the original was Super Metroid and that's it.

Anyway, I don't know how that turned into a rant, but there you have it

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:17:31 AM
wrldstrman (107)
West Virginia
Originally posted by: burnambill333

Currently I collect NES and N64, with some slight interest in SNES.

Wrldstrman, I have a quick question - Are there any hard to find "under the rader" n64 boxes or manuals that you can't seem to get your hands on? I can't ever seem to find the manual for Sculptor's Cut, or the box/manual for Stunt Racer, but are there others that are hard to find that I don't know about? Also - I am very happy to say that I own the only CIB copy of ISS 2000 I've ever seen pop up. ISS 2000 is a very rare game, though not necessarily valuable (yet).

yeah there is one that I think is just as rare as ISS 2000 but cant say until I get a copy..stunt racer is rare, someone had a lot of boxes on ebay a few months ago..sosafan won it and it had several stunt racer boxes in it. Sculptors cut is hard to find but a boxed one sold 2 weeks ago for 14.00 dollars. some of the racing games are hard to find complete. I got lucky and got a complete copy of ISS 2000 off a member at DP.

Edited: 04/02/2007 at 01:18 AM by wrldstrman

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:40:02 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I have a fairly diverse collection...over 20 systems ranging from the VIC-20 to the X-Box. I don't collect for all of them (yet) but I do enjoy playing them. Almost every console is hooked up, save for a few (my TG-16 because I don't have a game I really like yet, VIC-20 for the same reason, INTV because I don't have room, 2600 because I have a 7800 hooked up, etc). Top three are my NES, SNES and Genesis...although the Genesis is for cheap pickups and the SNES is kinda taking a back seat. And Dr. Morbis wants to have his way with my SMS collection

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:00:59 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
speaking of having your way do you still want those three games I was going to sell you to open up? Up to you, no pressure.

cheers

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 04/02/2007 at 06:01 PM by Bronty

Apr 2, 2007 at 10:10:08 PM
BlueMadcap (6)
(Ben Mason) < Little Mac >
Australia
I admit, I have more of a 2600 collection than NES. I only have around 200 NES games and maybe 300 2600. I barely collect at all for the 64 but keep some games I like, only own about 10 or so good 64 games.
Used to buy SMS games and got to around 50 or so but I just don't like most the games for that system.

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:38:42 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Bronty

speaking of having your way do you still want those three games I was going to sell you to open up? Up to you, no pressure.

cheers

Of course man! I don't recall what they were, or what price we agreed to...too lazy to check right now...but yeah, I'll look in my old PMs and let you know when I get my paycheque

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Apr 3, 2007 at 1:56:01 PM
tynstar (33)
(Scott Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
I have complete library's of the following systems;

Odyssey 2 -All CIB
Atari 7800 - Need one box and manual to make them all CIB
Sega Master System -All CIB
Sega Genesis -All CIB
Sega 32X -All CIB
Sega CD -All CIB
Sega Pico -All CIB

My goal for this year is to work on the Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast. I am also thinking about going after small systems like the Game.com, R-Zone, Channel F and Studio II. Or maybe workon finishing off my Intellivision library.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:04:08 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Originally posted by: tynstar

Odyssey 2 -All CIB

Sega Genesis -All CIB

Sega 32X -All CIB

Sega CD -All CIB

Sega Pico -All CIB

My goal for this year is to work on the Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast. I am also thinking about going after small systems like the Game.com, R-Zone, Channel F and Studio II. Or maybe workon finishing off my Intellivision library.

Sega fanboy

You could also go for the Mattel Microvision (is that what it was called?) handheld..the one that claims to be the first. AFAIK, there's not many games released for it at all, and I see it going with 5 or so games all MIB for 50-100 euro on the German eBay quite often...if the prices are the same in the US then that would be an easy collection to complete I think

I collect only NES (and some Famicom stuff)....I'll occasionally pick up some SNES items but generally end up selling them to get more NES stuff.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:20:28 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: tynstar

Odyssey 2 -All CIB

Sega Genesis -All CIB

Sega 32X -All CIB

Sega CD -All CIB

Sega Pico -All CIB

I should go through my Saturn games...nothing extraordinarily rare, but there may be something you need that I would part with.

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:19:30 AM
tynstar (33)
Arizona
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666
I should go through my Saturn games...nothing extraordinarily rare, but there may be something you need that I would part with.

That would be very nice of you.

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:26:42 AM
tynstar (33)
Arizona
Originally posted by: Speedy_NESFanBoySega fanboy

You know thats not true.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:24:02 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
True...you have more complete Sega collections because there's less competition to get the games

Anyway, I have the following Saturn games:

Astal (I want to play it first...may be a keeper)
Battle Monsters
Brain Dead 13 (again, I want to play it and see if I want to keep it)
Congo (another one I need to get around to playing)
Dark Legend
Daytona USA
Myst (probably gonna keep it too)
NHL '97
Shanghai: Triple Threat (no plans to trade it...personal fave)
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Valora Valley Golf (Disc only)
Virtua Fighter Kids
Virtua Fighter Remix

Noted the ones I want to either keep or try out first, but even they would be available for the right price. I'm not too keen on fighters, and I don't really collect CD-based games (just get the good ones to play), so any of the fighting games are available.

Apr 4, 2007 at 7:24:46 PM
tynstar (33)
Arizona
PM Sent