NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Your opinion on our new site? Please? Beta version

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:49:28 PM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Hey all -

I wanted to get some feedback from the community on the general look, feel, and structure of our new (beta) website.  We develop and produce new homebrew games for retro systems.  It can be viewed at:

http://preview.greetingcarts.com/...

A few notes on the beta version:
1) We are aware of the issues viewing the site "vertical" on a mobile device - twist the phone "horizontal" and it looks normal - working on it!
2) All of the prices are dummy prices
3) All of the blog entries are dummy placeholders
4) None of the copy has been placed (About us, game descriptions, etc)

A few things that are being added:
1) Private wholesale pricing for store owners, distributors, homebrewers, and repro makers
2) Page for our personalized games - you'll go on the site, choose your game, upload a pic of yourself (or whomever you're buying the game for), choose some text options, choose your cart color (and maybe label design) and we'll send you a personalized game!
3) Merchant payments will be available through Paypal, VISA, MC, AMEX, and Discover
4) You'll be able to buy & download the ROM files of our games to play on your favorite emulator (will be cheap)
5) Adding short gameplay videos

Let me know what you think!

-------------------------

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:15:32 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
wordpress/woocommerce? that's the way to go. maybe a little greyscale to frame the main content instead of just white. Or ease up on the black background. a black site has to be super stylized or it comes across clunky, believe me, i struggled with my site for a while.

in your footer you have product categories, was that intentional? it's floating above the five (widget?) columns in the footer. That's super nitpicky. looks like it's coming along! the blog is a great way to keep people in the loop about products and such, very cool! can't wait to see it on the grand opening!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:18:23 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
The stylized scroll bar and arrow to bring you back to the top of the page feel clunky to me. I agree with Zi on easing up on the contrast a bit. The scroll bar isn't necessarily bad, I just don't like having it feel different than I'm used to.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:48:29 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Look good man. Might want to give a description of the games so we know what they are about if we are not familiar...or a screen shot of the gameplay.

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:34:54 PM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
Not bad. Definitely drop the stylized scroll bar though, it's just a nuisance.

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:45:39 PM
The 8 Bit Redux (0)
< Meka Chicken >
New South Wales
Contrast is way too hard, tone both you main colours down a bit.
Also, the "about us" tab isn't in English.

Layout of the shop is pretty good, as there isn't many items the size is fine, however if you were to add lots more it might need to scale down a little.
Easy to use site and the shop interface isn't hard to figure out, should go very well. Having easy to get to/see contact options is always a very nice thing too.