Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

CERTIFIEDLINK.COM auctions end Tuesday split off from heritage thread

Jun 10 at 11:03:06 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Thread for discussion on current and future CLINK auctions.

Current auction:
http://www.certifiedlink.com/Auctions/default.asp?clickType=...

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 07/09/2019 at 06:48 AM by Bronty

Jun 10 at 11:10:16 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Jason, how will you guys be promoting these? If I look at the main comiclink site only, I'd have no idea this was happening

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 10 at 11:38:22 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Is ComicLink WATA only as well or will they carry both VGA and WATA games?

Jun 10 at 11:49:31 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
My understanding is wata only for now but not set in stone.

Jun 10 at 12:44:12 PM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Bronty

Jason, how will you guys be promoting these? If I look at the main comiclink site only, I'd have no idea this was happening

Hey Dan - mostly through emails to our ComicLink customer base.  Started posting to instagram, facebook about it as well.   You can reach it from our ComicLink June Focused Auction too (also starting on the 12th).  So there will be cross promotion from the ComicLink website once it goes live.   I will suggest a link on the main home page as I think that is a great idea. 

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Jun 10 at 3:06:55 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
That whole "Carolina collection" left a bad taste in my mouth. Sounded pretty bullshitt especially after getting context of how that works in comics. All the worse now that it's apparently for marketing purposes, treating us all like assholes who can be manipulated by a fabricated label.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jun 10 at 3:29:39 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: Lincoln

That whole "Carolina collection" left a bad taste in my mouth. Sounded pretty bullshitt especially after getting context of how that works in comics. All the worse now that it's apparently for marketing purposes, treating us all like assholes who can be manipulated by a fabricated label.
I agree on the Carolina Collection being used for marketing; props to those who can afford to blow a ton of money on a game because it is sealed and "graded". A bigger thank you for driving down the loose market.

Jun 10 at 4:11:02 PM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania

I don't know how the process works at WATA in terms of assigning collection designations.  If nothing else, the notation provides some provenance and it's a good thing to have the ability to document important/noteworthy collections in that way.   Otherwise the entire collection gets scattered to the wind when being sold.  So my take on it is it's a good thing.  Some Pedigree collections in comic books get enormous premiums (like the Mile High Pedigree Collection).  Other collections have no bearing on the value at all.    If you aren't into the collection labels, then just bid on the game and forget the labels.    

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Jun 10 at 5:13:43 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
well said

Jun 10 at 5:57:24 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: JasonLives

I don't know how the process works at WATA in terms of assigning collection designations.  If nothing else, the notation provides some provenance and it's a good thing to have the ability to document important/noteworthy collections in that way.   Otherwise the entire collection gets scattered to the wind when being sold.  So my take on it is it's a good thing.  Some Pedigree collections in comic books get enormous premiums (like the Mile High Pedigree Collection).  Other collections have no bearing on the value at all.    If you aren't into the collection labels, then just bid on the game and forget the labels.    

Agree. 50 years from now that provenance will help keep the history alive

Jun 11 at 8:27:17 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

I agree on the Carolina Collection being used for marketing; props to those who can afford to blow a ton of money on a game because it is sealed and "graded". A bigger thank you for driving down the loose market.

We get it at this point - you don’t like sealed games. No need to make every thread a class warfare thing.

Debating provenance value? Sure! The whole
sealed thing in general? There are a million ofher threads for that. 

Please  

Edited: 06/11/2019 at 08:31 AM by ExplodedHamster

Jun 11 at 9:09:23 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
nothing constructive to add   self-moderated  

Edited: 06/11/2019 at 09:11 AM by Bronty

Jun 11 at 11:55:06 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
So, question...

I know a guy who (claims) to have bought a lot of Dain's oddball NES stuff a little while back, including his CIB Asian Version Mah Jong. It's recognizable in the hobby to those who care, so if it ever resurfaces (doubt it) does that also get designated as the Carolina Collection? Or is it now just some random Joe Shmoe's copy?

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 06/11/2019 at 11:56 AM by PowerPlayers

Jun 11 at 12:19:08 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
in comics it would probably still be carolina if you could prove the provenance. If not, not. I don't think Carolina will carry a premium long term anyways so its kinda moot.

Jun 12 at 8:36:23 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
So do these auctions have a buyer's premium or is it just tax+shipping for buyers? The FAQ says no *high* buyer's premiums so I'm just checking:

Low Cost Commission Structure
You won't find high buyer premiums here, and a low seller commission means we will have an enticing selection of items for you to choose from!

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jun 12 at 8:53:51 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I'm a total hypocrite and bid on a Zelda for my collection.

This is what the terms section says regarding Tyler's question:

All transactions are subject to a three percent (3%) Buyer's Premium which is in addition to the purchase price, which premium may be rebated if the purchase price is paid on time and under certain payment terms, such as check, money order, or bank wire. Time payment plans may be available but if you need more time in order to pay for an item, a time payment arrangement must be discussed with, and agreed to, by a CERTIFIEDLINK representative before you submit a bid or buy order for an item. Credit cards will be accepted only when an order is paid in full (credit cards are not accepted for orders on time payments) and that order total does not exceed $10,000. In its sole discretion, CERTIFIEDLINK may choose not to accept payment by credit card at all and may require payment by the buyer to be made by check or bank wire (incoming wire fees apply; $20 domestic, $45 international), and such a decision by CERTIFIEDLINK will not release you from your obligation to pay for the item(s) purchased.

edit: link - http://www.certifiedlink.com/service_text.asp?1046

Edited: 06/12/2019 at 08:55 PM by a3quit4s

Jun 12 at 9:19:03 PM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

So do these auctions have a buyer's premium or is it just tax+shipping for buyers? The FAQ says no *high* buyer's premiums so I'm just checking:

Low Cost Commission Structure
You won't find high buyer premiums here, and a low seller commission means we will have an enticing selection of items for you to choose from!
Yes Greg has it right, 3% BP but waived under most payment types (check, money order, bank wire).  We have a flat 10% seller commission.  If something sells for $1000, the seller nets $900.  We don't have a BP in the same sense that Heritage does (19.5%) where it affects the sellers take. 

Edited: 06/12/2019 at 09:20 PM by JasonLives

Jun 12 at 9:37:51 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
When will the next auction after this one be? Waiting on results, or tentatively scheduled already?

Jun 13 at 8:07:14 AM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

When will the next auction after this one be? Waiting on results, or tentatively scheduled already?

We have it scheduled for October now, but may decide to move it up to Sept. 

Edited: 06/13/2019 at 08:13 AM by JasonLives

Jun 13 at 11:15:39 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
More of a Wata question but the grades don't make sense on that Darkwing Duck, guess I'll bump their thread. A+ / 8.5 but back says 8.0 box A+ Seal. Kind of hard to bid on it not knowing what is correct...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 06/13/2019 at 11:19 AM by jonebone

Jun 13 at 11:19:49 AM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Was the Solomon's key prototype removed? I had seen it before the auctions began but now I don't see it.

Edited: 06/13/2019 at 11:20 AM by mydogsrule

Jun 13 at 11:23:43 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: mydogsrule

Was the Solomon's key prototype removed? I had seen it before the auctions began but now I don't see it.
Still up there, maybe go to next page?  This is the direct link, not sure if you need to be logged in to view.

http://www.certifiedlink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTI...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 13 at 11:36:37 AM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: jonebone

More of a Wata question but the grades don't make sense on that Darkwing Duck, guess I'll bump their thread. A+ / 8.5 but back says 8.0 box A+ Seal. Kind of hard to bid on it not knowing what is correct...

Thanks JoneBone - I'll look into this ASAP

Jun 13 at 12:03:06 PM
Trade-N-Games (35)
(Jason Brassard) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri

I would bet its 2 different Darkwing and pictures were messed up. Good point maybe for Wata is have the Certification number on front as well so when we are looking at scaned pictures we know they match front to back!

I always have some great games for sale http://www.tradengames.com/store/.... Thanks for looking

Like Trade-n-games on facebook for updates on new inventory

Jason

Jun 13 at 12:04:42 PM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Trade-N-Games

I would bet its 2 different Darkwing and pictures were messed up. Good point maybe for Wata is have the Certification number on front as well so when we are looking at scaned pictures we know they match front to back!
No its not a picture error, we only have one Darkwing Duck.  I'm guessing this will need to be recased.