Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nesrulers contest presents: Ninja Gaiden Ends Next Sunday 11/22 at 10 pm central time

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:45:09 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
hey guys!
This weeks game in Ninja Gaiden!!!
Gonna be a fun week i love this game!!!

Ends next sunday at 10 PM central time!

Good luck to all!!

No name with score= no score!!

Been getting ready for the prizes go out,,, in the last week on December im gonna make a thread to see if everyone could donate a couple bucks for the packages to go out since i have about 20 or so packages to ship out to ppl who partcipated!

Thanks everyone!!

Jeremy

-------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:00:57 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Excellent choice, Jeremy. This game is a lot of fun.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:02:52 PM
nesruler22 (94)
Illinois
ya and its hard as fuck to hahaah
That 2nd stage pisses me off every time i play it hate that dam stage haha
Jeremy

I expect the 1 life rule again
Jeremy

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:12:00 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Yeah, I know what you mean about stage 2. There's some pretty tough spots to get through. It took me quite a few tries before I was able to memorize enemy positions & attacks.

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:26:36 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
I'm not very good at this game, beat it, sure, no problem, but always with lots of deaths and at least several continues, but have also only ever beaten it a few times. Now if this were Ninja Gaiden 3, I could do pretty good. I'll have to see how this week is going for me outside of gaming to see if I'll have time to play this one, and for me to stand a chance its going to require a ton of playing. As is I'm working on a holiday cornerstone that I'm probably not even going to be able to finish by the deadline.

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:31:16 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Okay, I just beat Legendary Wings, where's my prize?

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:35:53 AM
nesruler22 (94)
Illinois
hahaha thats funny dan
jeremy

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:15:13 AM
paulyshobby (90)
(Paul LaMalfa) < Ridley Wrangler >
New Hampshire
are we playing with the one life rule???

Check out my eBay/Amazon stores!
http://www.paulyshobby.com...

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:04:40 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
I think one-life-rule should definitely be invoked.

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:53:14 PM
Gameboyjay (71)
(J B) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario

I'll start us out with a score of 119,800, using the one life rule. Although I am sure this score won't last long.

WTB link - http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:10:59 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: dangevin

Okay, I just beat Legendary Wings, where's my prize?

the prize is the satisfaction of beating an awesome game

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:26:16 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
(Gimmick, Mr.) < King Solomon >
Connecticut

Farthest I ever got in this game is level 6 or so.... I may have another go at it.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:36:31 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
I can make it pretty far with the one HIT rule...hahah....this should be fun. I love this game.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:55:33 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia

Ok, here's a quick run through before leaving tonight.

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:56:13 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
I've beaten this game a few times (years ago), but it took me quite a few times to beat 6-2. Are we saying that you only get 1 life for this challenge?

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:54:18 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Gave it three trial games today, just to get the feel of it again. Took pics, but probably not going to keep them, nor post them, not until I can get better at it since these scores are really crappy. Was a bit exhausted when I was playing anyway, but maybe tomorrow I can devote some time to it and do much better.

Score upon first death 104900 (gunned down into the river in stage 4-1 by first gunner guy)
Score upon first death 105600 (knocked into river by first dog in stage 4-1, wow, right after that gunner I died from last time)
Score upon first death 118300 (bat knocked me into pit in stage 4-3, right after the two flame spitting creatures)

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:16:42 AM
Sgt.Pepper1983 (1)
(Jon McDonald) < Meka Chicken >
Alabama
I don't know the stage number, but the farthest I've ever made it in this game is the level after you beat Malth.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:50:16 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Sgt.Pepper1983

I don't know the stage number, but the farthest I've ever made it in this game is the level after you beat Malth.

That's pretty far, in fact, close to the end of the game.  The furthest I ever got was to Malth, but I couldn't beat him.  I'll give this a try, but I have a feeling I'll be hitting the reset button a lot on my NES.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:58:00 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Okay, trial time over, played a legit game with a more worthy score, at least for now, until I can do even better. Anyway, played the whole game.

1st death score 180400 stage 5-3 (hit by mace guy while trying to avoid jetpack guy)
2nd death by blade tosser in stage 5-3 before getting to Bloody Malth, I got curious as to what item he guarded since I didn't have enough health to trade blows with the boss
3rd death by eagle in 6-2, was too weak from getting hit too much earlier in the stage
4th death by reaper in 6-2
5th death by falling in 6-2, oops, jumped a bit short (1st continue used) high score 235100

6th death by blade tosser in stage 6-3, didn't have enough health when I got here
7th death by eagle in stage 6-3, knocked into pit
8th death by Jaquio (2nd continue used)

9th death by leapers in stage 6-3, damn fuckers, couldn't get them off of me
10th death by leapers in stage 6-3, fuckin' hell I hate these things
11th death by Jaquio, urgh, didn't have enough health, less than half my life filled, and again, those damned leapers were the cause (3rd continue used)

12th death by Jaquio, I keep messing up, forgetting how soon it is that I get to him, I got there with barely any health this time, a couple hits and that was it, back to 6-1 I go again
13th death by a machete guy, wtf, I got screwed bad this time, my timing was off in 6-1 on an enemy and I got juggled almost to death, had only 1 hit left by the time I got to 6-2, what a dumb wimpy ass enemy to die by though
14th death by blade tosser in stage 6-3, I played really clumsy to die again so soon, getting aggravated (4th continue used)

15th death by sword guy in stage 6-3 when jumping to platform it was on, I miss slashed and got knocked into pit
16th death by eagle in stage 6-3, dragged me into pit
17th death by, oops, fell when jump slashing a pumpkinhead guy in stage 6-3 (5th continue used)

18th death by sword guy in stage 6-3, yep, same one as a few deaths ago, what the hell, I'm started to mess up a lot now in dumb places
19th death by flame spitting creature in stage 6-3, but it was due to being juggled by leapers, leaving me no health, it just took the credit of finishing me off
20th death, let kung fu guy kill me in stage 6-3, as after the leapers got through with me I had barely any health left in which to fight Jaquio, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be sent all the way back to 6-1 again (6th continue used)

But that is all I had, though that was enough, I got beat up bad to get to the end, mostly by those leapers, ugh, my worst enemy in the game. Anyway, beat the game, my 4th time ever. Had to relearn a few things. Jaquio, not too hard if I can get there with enough health and now I remember how to fight him (not the cheap spin slash way, kept losing that power up anyway accidentally grabbing something else), take my time, moving back and forth, waiting for an opening to jump up and slash him (but we were pretty much trading blows evenly). My real weakness though, those leapers, if I can get through those guys then I may stand a much better chance at beating this game better, they may have not actually killed me a lot, but were definitely the cause of a lot of deaths by lowering my health too much. And I started dying in terribly easy spots after a while too, was getting irritated and it was causing me to mess up where I shouldn't have.

So, beat Ninja Gaiden with 20 deaths / 6 continues used, but score at 1st death 180400 in stage 5-3:
Photobucket

Ooh scary. Not. Easy boss, dispatched it with very little difficulty. Took out the tail, then the head, then it rolled across the screen, then just hacked away at its center, with a little bit of footwork to keep from getting hit by all those commas.
Photobucket Photobucket

Ending pics (missed the sunrise though, darn camera):
Photobucket Photobucket

Edited: 11/17/2009 at 03:03 AM by Miss Clawful

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:36:31 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
I just pulled off an extraordinary game of Ninja Gaiden a little while ago. Going to watch the video back to make sure all is well, then post my score. But I am very happy.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:27:40 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
I'm going to give this one a try right now. Maybe, somehow, I'm magically good at Ninja Gaiden now. We'll see...

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:27:33 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Somehow, I had become magically good at Ninja Gaiden. Played two games of it today, my second game was the one that was magically delicious, but first things first.

First attempt today:

1st death score 179.900 stage 5-3 by kneeling gunner
2nd death stage 5-3 by another kneeling gunner, damn Ryu, you reacted too slowly
3rd death by Jaquio, dammit, and I got there with full health and I blew it because of nerves, back to 6-1
4th death by jetpack guy's throwing star in stage 6-2
5th death in stage 6-3 by sword guy on small platform (1st continue used)

6th death by the Demon, should not ever had died against this thing, that was really upsetting, back to 6-1 again, but once I got back to it I beat the game again

6 deaths / 1 continue used, score upon 1st death 179.900, a little lower than last game, but I beat the game much better:
Photobucket

Now for the big score, okay, maybe not it terms of score, but it was one of my biggest, bestest victories.

Never is my wildest dreams did I ever expect to beat this one without dying. When I was playing through it I was aiming towards beating it without using continues, but somehow managed not only that but true ninja like skills which I surprised myself with, didn't think I had it in me, not for this game. I had some trouble at the end of act 5-1 with the blade tossing guy, not sure why, but it nearly cost me the game early, thankfully I managed to recover from near death. I also nearly screwed myself on Bloody Malth, thinking, because I'd gotten to him with only a few bars of health that I was done for, so was just going to let him kill me, turned out that they replenished my health (how come I never could remember this I don't know) and I nearly lost to him. Because I never expected to do so well I had skipped almost all of the cut scenes (they're cool and all, but I hate sitting through those, takes too long), only near the end for the final battles did I let them play out, because by that point my nerves were a wreck, it was like mini-earthquakes in my hands, and I needed to be steady for Jaquio and the Demon. So, having not had any deaths, I had to make sure that my camera was ready, paused it with one final blow left to deal to the Demon, readied my camera, unpaused, killed it, quickly took that pic, so my final score was 316.500, perhaps my score could've been much higher (sitting in one spot killing respawning enemies) if I were really aiming for that, it wasn't really a priority for me. One other thing surprised me about this game, take away the cut scenes, this is a rather short game, 25-30 minutes if not dying too much, or at all (even shorter than that if really fast at getting through stages), in the past it always felt longer, but obviously that was because I totally sucked at it then, but not anymore.

Had to take this pic quick, came out a little blurry, my hands were still shaky from my miraculous victory:
Photobucket

And we have a video: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mistr... (frickin' Youtube individual playlist links ain't working, hasn't been since I put my Jackal one up, dammit)

Edited: 11/17/2009 at 05:31 PM by Miss Clawful

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:53:05 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Megan, you've outdone yourself again!
Congrats on the awesome game!
I usually switch this game off when I die to the final boss and they start you back on (6-1?) instead of (6-3?) like they should.
I can always make it to the end, but I always choke

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:31:25 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
I shocked myself with that victory, so much that I had to keep going back and rewatching the video just to make sure that I didn't miss something, somehow expecting to see a death somewhere that I may have missed. Not sure why, but me getting through this game without dying, it surprised me more than beating Ghosts'n Goblins without using continues, and even beating Battletoads for my first time didn't spark as much excitement as with this game of Ninja Gaiden. I told my brother, he's quite impressed too.

First time I ever beat this game was back in 1990(?), this was over a friend's apartment, which another friend of my friend had brought over to his place, and when I got my chance at the game I proceeded to beat it, took me a couple hours, but got it done with shocked disbelief from onlookers It was one of those early great victories which was hard to rebeat for many years, much like Ghosts'n Goblins, TMNT, and Shinobi.

Second time beating it was sometime between when I got the game again in November 1999 to before August 2002 (yeah, took me 10-12 years to do it again), impossible to recall exactly, wasn't yet keeping records of whens and hows.

But since August 2002 I've beaten the game 4 more times:
11/18/05
1st game: beat it for the 3rd time ever, but didn't keep track of deaths or continues used
11/16/09
2nd game: beat it with 20 deaths / 6 continues used
11/17/09
3rd game: beat it with 6 deaths / 1 continue used
4th game: beat it without dying (first time ever), score at the end of the game 316.500

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:41:29 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Very impressive! I played the other day but died at the boss at the end of stage 5 (the one that shoots lightning). I'll give it another go tomorrow.