Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Protos and High End CIBs Open Auction $.99! Lots of Great Stuff Ending Tonight!

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:26:56 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Current Listings:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/mrmark067...

Ending Tonight:
Mickey's Safari in Letterland Proto
The Blues Brothers Proto
F-15 Strike Eagle Proto
Alpha Mission Proto

Other Auctions:
Ultima Warriors of Destiny Loose
Rockin' Kats Loose
Gargoyle's Quest II Loose
Darkwing Duck with Box
Toki With Box
AD&D DragonStrike with Box
Tecmo Cup Soccer CIB

-------------------------

Edited: 05/16/2016 at 08:02 PM by VGS_MrMark0673

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:44:29 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Always great stuff man.

May the force be with you.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:02:02 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Awesome item good luck Nolan's!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:02:54 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
that's a nice one

eBay listings here

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:36:00 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
The auction is moving in the right direction, so let's bump it up in hopes that it keeps moving that way!

Mark and I have been getting a ton of messages (mostly through eBay) regarding some of our other prototypes, so some things might be gone before hitting eBay. Be sure to shoot Mark a PM with an offer if you're interested in anything. These look like they might be moving faster than expected.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:56:47 PM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Wow, and a no reserve auction at that! Looking forward to seeing what you list. Best of luck guys.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:01:02 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Rengozu

Wow, and a no reserve auction at that! Looking forward to seeing what you list. Best of luck guys.

Yes sir. All prototype questions will be 99 cent starts with no reserves. That's the plan at least.

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:27:33 PM
Prototector (3)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
2 questions:

-The listing states that you have over 200 NES prototypes. The google docs link in your sig would be outdated, since it lists about 147. Is there a more up-to-date list of what you have?

-Sorry to derail this slightly, but Mark would you be able to check your PM?

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:17:28 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: contrafan

2 questions:

-The listing states that you have over 200 NES prototypes. The google docs link in your sig would be outdated, since it lists about 147. Is there a more up-to-date list of what you have?

-Sorry to derail this slightly, but Mark would you be able to check your PM?

List is very out of date.  Have a whole bunch of stuff I just never got around to adding (tons of carts, a full set+ of every releases Tengen game, etc.).  If you were looking for Contra stuff, I don't have any, never did.

I'll get your PM later.

Edit:  when I say out of date, the stuff on their vs the sold stuff is spot on.

Edited: 09/10/2014 at 04:18 PM by VGS_MrMark0673

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:04:29 PM
Prototector (3)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Thanks for letting me know.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:54:28 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Back to the top.

Looking good so far, but hoping to see it climb quite a bit more in the coming days.

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:59:47 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Let's get this back to the top.

Still looking good, but I'm hoping to see it pick up a bit at the end.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:33:56 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
free bump for some cool brothers

eBay listings here

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:16:34 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: qixmaster

free bump for some cool brothers
Thanks my man!  

We we got just over 24 hours left. I'm crossing my fingers that we see a last minute spike/snipe.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:20:00 PM
johnnyboy113 (352)
(John ) < King Solomon >
New York
Bumping this good luck guys !

Pizza will be delivered to all in May! ;-)

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:55:08 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
free bump - ends in what.... 2 hours?

eBay listings here

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:56:47 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Not a bad ending, I'll take it.

Proto #2 is up now, SMB/DH/WCTM proto, VGA, $.99 start with no reserve.

I just sent 10 more protos to VGA this afternoon:

Bubble Bobble Part 2
Panic Restaurant
Duck Tales 2
Wacky Races
Zombie Nation
Gargoyle's Quest II
Ninja Gaiden III
Rockin' Kats
Color a Dinosaur
Battletoads

So I'll be listing one a week after this one is over. Still have my list (albeit not entirely up to date) if anyone wants to make an offer on anything before it hits Ebay.

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:06:53 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
^ jeez look at that line up! Best of luck!

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:10:06 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Congrats on the Clu Clu Land sale playa, I imagine your happy with the ending bid.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:43:40 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

Congrats on the Clu Clu Land sale playa, I imagine your happy with the ending bid.
We're happy enough, but not really blown away honestly.  I mean, there's never going to be another Clu Clu Land prototype ever unearthed, and I don't think the guy we sold it to is the type to let it go any time soon.  Considering what other "rare" items sell for, I think the buyer did well for themselves.  People will eventually learn to appreciate true rarity, and I think we're finally turning the corner here. 

I'm hoping for much more from this listing than what we saw from Clu Clu Land, that's for sure. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:36:32 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Not a bad ending, I'll take it.

Proto #2 is up now, SMB/DH/WCTM proto, VGA, $.99 start with no reserve.

I just sent 10 more protos to VGA this afternoon:

Bubble Bobble Part 2
Panic Restaurant
Duck Tales 2
Wacky Races
Zombie Nation
Gargoyle's Quest II
Ninja Gaiden III
Rockin' Kats
Color a Dinosaur
Battletoads

So I'll be listing one a week after this one is over. Still have my list (albeit not entirely up to date) if anyone wants to make an offer on anything before it hits Ebay.

If you don't mind me asking, did you make backups of these games?  Or are they being sent into VGA undumped and unpreserved?  I am just curious, because I feel a bit bothered by the whole VGA proto thing, especially when reading in your auction description the following:  "NOTE:  The game is currently encased and CANNOT be removed without creating substantial damage to the acrylic case and very possibly the game as well.  I highly recommend NOT attempting to remove the VGA case! "

Now I know that this is just a disclaimer to protect yourselves, and I also don't know how easy / difficult it is to remove the items from the VGA cases; however, it just sort of bothers me a bit to see all of these protos becoming entombed in cases, possibly not backed up, and the data thus being lost forever.  

I know that since it is your property, you guys can do whatever you choose with it, but I was just curious about the data situation.

Either way, good luck with your sales guys.  Some of the greats on NA and in the hobby, hope you guys are happy with the results of your sales!!!

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:50:29 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Excellent questions/concerns. I'll do my best to cover everything you mentioned above.

Mark and I back up everything. Always. We got into prototype collecting for the sake of preservation, and it would be a total travesty to the community if we slabbed the game without dumping it first. There are other prototype-VGAers that don't back up their prototypes, and it's really a slap in the face of the community as you're ensuring the rom will never get out. They're not prototype collectors and are exclusively profiteers, so I'm not the least bit surprised to see how little they care when it come to preservation. Like you said though, it's their property, so it's up to them what they can do as they please.

As for the disclaimer regarding the breaking of cases, that was created as a result of our previous Earthbound prototype sales in which the buyers smashed the cases and removed the games from the case to "confirm their authenticity." We don't want to deal with the headache of a return due to damage, so we put that in the listing. Realistically, the buyer can do whatever they'd like once the game is purchased. They just can't expect a refund for a busted case.

Mark and I have been contacted by a number of potential buyers, many of which contacted us and said they'd not be interested in buying the games unless they were sent to VGA to be verified. They don't know Mark and I, so they don't understand that there's no one better on the planet to confirm their legitimacy, but if that's what it takes to sell the games.....

Mark and I try and be transparent when it comes to what we're selling and why we're selling it/them. We want to buy another property, and these games will play a huge role in the purchase. We also VGA games in order to maximize our profits at auction. Buyers seem to find piece of mind in the grading, and I think they display nicely. The roms are preserved for sure though. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm also willing to send any rom along to the buyer if they're interested in having a copy.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:44:41 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Excellent questions/concerns. I'll do my best to cover everything you mentioned above.

Mark and I back up everything. Always. We got into prototype collecting for the sake of preservation, and it would be a total travesty to the community if we slabbed the game without dumping it first. There are other prototype-VGAers that don't back up their prototypes, and it's really a slap in the face of the community as you're ensuring the rom will never get out. They're not prototype collectors and are exclusively profiteers, so I'm not the least bit surprised to see how little they care when it come to preservation. Like you said though, it's their property, so it's up to them what they can do as they please.

As for the disclaimer regarding the breaking of cases, that was created as a result of our previous Earthbound prototype sales in which the buyers smashed the cases and removed the games from the case to "confirm their authenticity." We don't want to deal with the headache of a return due to damage, so we put that in the listing. Realistically, the buyer can do whatever they'd like once the game is purchased. They just can't expect a refund for a busted case.

Mark and I have been contacted by a number of potential buyers, many of which contacted us and said they'd not be interested in buying the games unless they were sent to VGA to be verified. They don't know Mark and I, so they don't understand that there's no one better on the planet to confirm their legitimacy, but if that's what it takes to sell the games.....

Mark and I try and be transparent when it comes to what we're selling and why we're selling it/them. We want to buy another property, and these games will play a huge role in the purchase. We also VGA games in order to maximize our profits at auction. Buyers seem to find piece of mind in the grading, and I think they display nicely. The roms are preserved for sure though. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm also willing to send any rom along to the buyer if they're interested in having a copy.

Haha I would love to read the emails asking for a refund. 'Well uh...we wanted to see the boards so you know...we took a hammer to em. Can we get 25% back?'

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:23:39 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Bump it up.

Criminally underpriced at the moment. Clu Clu Land sold for nearly 3x the current bid seen here.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:28:23 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Any known differences in this proto by any chance? Like alternative title screen or sound effects?