Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Few Rocket League questions Upcoming DLC, video capture, cross-platform questions.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:51:47 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
So this got buried in another thread, so I'll make a topic.

I heard that the physical release of Rocket League for Switch next month is going to be Collector's Edition, which has a few other modes and cars and other things that are not in the Day 1 digital release I purchased.  I guess my question is, will this DLC stuff be free for digital buyers, or am I boned and will have to purchase the additional content if I want it?  I dont' care about buying specialty cares or other such things for looks, but if it comes with one version of the game, it should be free to download if you already bought it once in my opinion.  I've never been in this situation before of not getting content so it's new to me.  I bought the digital version because it's the kind of game that I don't want to have to swap back and forth between cartridges to play, otherwise I would have waited for the physical release and it'd be a non-issue.

Another question.  My friend has Rocket League on PS4 and I do on Switch.  We tried making a private match to play against each other but it gave us Error 87, basically cross-platform not available.  We both tried making separate matches while the other joined but no good.  Am I doing something wrong which is why cross platform isn't working?  Or is there none at all for Switch version or for PS4 owners?

One final question...what's up with no video capture option?  I'm having a ton of fun with the game, but I can't save my best goals in video form and screenshots don't do any justice.  Is video capture coming?

So I suppose I should end this on a positive note.  I haven't felt this juiced for a game in years.  The only thing that even came close was when I got Black Ops 2 on Wii U.  I'm jumping and shoving the couch around with all my might when I play.  People stare at me on my work break because I'm so intense in the game.  I'm losing sleep playing it and I don't even care.  This game is GOOD!!!

-------------------------

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:31:55 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Rocket League is the SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Long-time PS4 player here, and am excited that a CE physical edition for Switch is coming out, I'll probably go pre-order it right now lol. This is one of the best time-wasting games I've ever played, it's insanely fun and addictive once you get decent. For Cross-Platform play, if I understand correctly Sony has blocked RL from being played against other consoles - and they can only play against PC players. I do believe cross-platform play is supported between Switch / Xbox1 / PC however.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:55:42 PM
hmgbking (11)
< Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
When I play on PC the only console players selected randomly are from Playstation (PSY NET). I haven't seen any XBOX players or switch being selected through matchmaking.

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:05:54 PM
hmgbking (11)
< Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
Ah, I see it is possible for switch, xbox, and pc... or PS4 and PC.

Boosted seems correct Sony does not want cross-console play with Microsoft or Nintendo.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:34:12 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Sony are some bitches for that ^^

I thought they were supposed to be the cool ones not pulling the snaky Microsoft tactics. Life comes at you fast...

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"