Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Famicom Pirate Carts Why do they run Better on a NES vs Famicom?

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:45:49 AM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
I've got about 15 of these little guys now (mostly the crap Yellow Multi-cart ones)

Any Ideas, Theories, Facts on why they run "better" on my NES than on my Famicom?

Audio seems better, speed seems faster, and Video quality is Definately better!

NOTE: -I'm using a simple Famicom converter -My Famicom has Audio / Video RCA outs

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks, Zwario

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:47:23 AM
Zwario (30)
California
Didn't post well, sorry:

I've got about 15 of these little guys now (mostly the crap Yellow Multi-cart ones)

Any Ideas, Theories, Facts on why they run "better" on my NES than on my Famicom?

Audio seems better, speed seems faster, and Video quality is Definately better!

NOTE:
-I'm using a simple Famicom converter
-My Famicom has Audio / Video RCA outs

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks, Zwario

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:13:11 AM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta

I have lots of pirate famicom carts (including many of those crap yellow ones), and I haven't noticed anything like that. I know some of them work better on famiclones than real hardware, but I haven't seen any difference between nes and famicom. I only have an AV famicom, though I've never tried with one of the older ones.

Edit: can you confirm whether or not other (licensed) games also have this issue?  Maybe it's a problem with your famicom?

-------------------------
GRRR!

Edited: 10/07/2011 at 11:18 AM by cradelit

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:40:31 AM
Zwario (30)
California
I haven't noticed any of these issues with Standard Released Famicom carts, just with the Piratey ones,

I have a pirate Chip and Dale 2 that barely plays (all pixely and dark) but if I pop it in a converter and play it on my NES, it plays perfect...

You could be right though... I didn't mod my Famicom with the RCA cables, I just bought it that way... So it might just be a poor mod job