Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii to Wii U games transfer problem Memory space issue

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:49:42 AM
oleSchool (0)
(Jonathon Wright) < Little Mac >
Hawaii
Okay, so I did alot of research but am stuck on doing this due to memory space.

The transfer procedure (at least the ones I saw on YouTube and Nintendo's site) indicate you need to have a blank (but big) memory card in the SD slot.
I'm stuck because I have more games to download and no more block space on my Wii. So if I purchase the rest of my wish list, where do I put it?

From what I'm told I cannot transfer over all my games to the Wii U, then go back and "get the rest". Its a one shot deal. But if I have to have all my games on the Wii, and I'm out of space...how do I proceed?

Thanks!
OleSchool

-------------------------
"It's Dangerous to go alone. Take This!"
The Old Man

https://www.youtube.com/channel/U...

Edited: 11/02/2016 at 02:51 AM by oleSchool

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:55:16 AM
MathUser2929 (0)
(D L) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Dakota
Reminds me of the first ps4's. 20 gb turned out to not be even close to enough. SD cards are very cheap tho. If what you say is true just get a SD card. You can probably find a really cheap one on ebay. I know they have a 512 GB Micro SD card for about 9 dollars. Of course at that price it's from china so you'd have to wait a long time for it cause of cheap shipping.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:35:05 AM
oleSchool (0)
(Jonathon Wright) < Little Mac >
Hawaii
I think I worded my question wrong cause I'm not following your response, sorry bud.

So I have a full Wii system with near 0 space left, and many games on an SD card.

The transfer from Wii from Wii U requires
1) All the games to be on the Wii and
2) A blank SD card to transfer all the games too.

This is where I'm stuck. #2 is easy, sure go buy a big one like you said, no problem. But #1 is not possible since my Wii has no more room for the games like the ones that I have on my current SD card.

help

"It's Dangerous to go alone. Take This!"
The Old Man

https://www.youtube.com/channel/U...

Edited: 11/03/2016 at 04:36 AM by oleSchool

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:05:35 AM
MathUser2929 (0)
(D L) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Dakota
No idea then. Call nintendo customer service. They still support Wii I'm sure. They don't charge for phone tech support like HP does.