Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3DS NFR Set In The Works **Updated 5/15** Are you going for it as well? How far off are you?

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:57:40 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
A few questions for my fellow NFR collectors 1) How many fellow NA members are going for a full 3DS NFR set?

2) Which NFR set are you going after EUR, USA, or both?
3) Which cart is your favorite?
4) What cart was hardest to come by?
5) What cart are you on the hunt for?

USA 3DS

Sealed SSB 3DS

Zelda MM 3DS Sealed Display kit

EUR 3DS

Link Between Worlds EUR 3DS

Puzzle Dragon 3DS EUR

-------------------------
FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 05/15/2015 at 04:23 PM by JaxsBox

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:06:43 PM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Nice job Jaxs, now to do the Euro NFRs This seems to be a much less difficult NFR set to get, can you confirm? Also, are there any specific NFRs that are harder to find than others?

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:09:33 PM
jrmrbcax (110)
(Jeremy Robichaux) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
My Style Savvy <3

Glad it went to you

N64 CIB Collection: 296/296
Finished April 13, 2015

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:15:08 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: ZeldaFreak

Nice job Jaxs, now to do the Euro NFRs This seems to be a much less difficult NFR set to get, can you confirm? Also, are there any specific NFRs that are harder to find than others?

The 2 are about even if you include rear only 3DS NFRs in the sets. A few NFR collectors I know are only missing 1-a few NFRs for a complete set.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:42:14 PM
mus (10)

< Crack Trooper >
Texas
nice! where did you get that tray?

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:45:44 PM
PapaStu (6)
(Stu McStuerton) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
The layout is confusing as it seems to break alpha order. 2 Mario Tennis? 3 Link Between Worlds?

Nice set for sure. Keep spearheading the movement. Lets me know what i've got to hunt down still!

**editt**
DUH, It's left to right.  Makes sense now.  Other question still stands, 3 Links? kiosk, E3 and ? 2 Mario Tennis? kiosk and?

Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.

Edited: 03/03/2015 at 02:48 PM by PapaStu

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:52:18 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: PapaStu

The layout is confusing as it seems to break alpha order. 2 Mario Tennis? 3 Link Between Worlds?

Nice set for sure. Keep spearheading the movement. Lets me know what i've got to hunt down still!

LOL...My screw up in a way. The +1 on Mario Tennis and + 1 on Zelda LBW are were the 2 pictures tie together. As for LBW there is no error on the 2. Most collectors never heard about a LBW E3 copy before LBW kiosk copy. There are 2 versions of the cart.

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:55:24 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

**editt**
DUH, It's left to right.  Makes sense now.  Other question still stands, 3 Links? kiosk, E3 and ? 2 Mario Tennis? kiosk and?
Half way there. The pics overlaps one another so minus 1 LBW, 1 Mario Tennis, and 1 blue sealed Smash Bros.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:08:56 PM
moobox (5)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nova Scotia
Very cool! It would be neat to get the full set and frame them in some sort of arrangement then mount it on the wall. Just me though

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:12:04 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: moobox

Very cool! It would be neat to get the full set and frame them in some sort of arrangement then mount it on the wall. Just me though

It has been my plan for some years now. When I finish my USA NFR DS set it's the first thing I'm doing. Cool piece to have on the wall in your game room/ collection room.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:40:47 PM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Very nice!
I'm afraid that the next generation handheld will not have NFRs similar to what they did with the Wii U.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:54:39 PM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Your NFR collection is amazing.
And you always get the new carts.
I didn't even knew there were 2 versions of the ALBW cart.
I'm still trying to get the kiosk demo.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:47:26 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Galdius

Your NFR collection is amazing.
And you always get the new carts.
I didn't even knew there were 2 versions of the ALBW cart.
I'm still trying to get the kiosk demo.
Thank you it has been a long road to get to where I'm at. Always nice to hear positive feedback from fellow collectors in the scene. Really enjoy collecting NFRs for the challenges they present in tracking down and discovering new titles. Have broaden my horizons in my NFR collecting. Amazing how much more difficult it becomes when you start trying to track them down worldwide.

Edited: 03/04/2015 at 09:53 AM by JaxsBox

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:03:40 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Want to hear fellow collectors feedback on the set. How many collectors are going for a full 3ds set?

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:16:38 PM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
I'm going for a full set as well, but it's a pain!... here's mine (except for the Movie Player cart)

http://www.nesworld.com/article.p...

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:42:49 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: nesworld

I'm going for a full set as well, but it's a pain!... here's mine (except for the Movie Player cart)

http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=3ds&data=3dsd...

Awesome I see you are going for all 3 sets as well. I like how you have it laid out with rarity noted. One day would like to have all of my NFR sets framed in plexi displays. Would have them made to be hung on the wall. My DS sets are very close to being finished. Of all the NFR platforms DS is by far the hardest and don't believe anyone has finished it. Many collectors have been trying top finish the set for 5+ years like myself.

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:31:54 AM
PapaStu (6)
United States
Originally posted by: JaxsBox

Want to hear fellow collectors feedback on the set. How many collectors are going for a full 3ds set?

Raises hand.

Currently 3 short in the 3DS demo dept.  (Kirby, Mario Tennis, Majora's Mask).

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:00:24 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

Raises hand.

It's amazing how difficult some of these newer NFRs are to come by. MM being hard to come by is no big surprise since it's a Zelda title. With patience they all show up eventually. If I come by any you need as always I'll shoot you a PM.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:38:02 PM
PapaStu (6)
United States

Raises hand.

It's amazing how difficult some of these newer NFRs are to come by. MM being hard to come by is no big surprise since it's a Zelda title. With patience they all show up eventually. If I come by any you need as always I'll shoot you a PM.

No question.  I was surprised with Smash bros. , fully expecting not to see any for a long time coupled with sky high prices because, it's smash, over paid some, but got that one out of the way a few weeks ago.

I'm expecting Majora's Mask to actually be easy, hoping like other Zelda's they magically blast out and are then everywhere after a while.  Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were really hard to get for a bit, then suddenly *poof*.  Same thing for Ocarina of Time for 3DS.  Link Between Worlds, not quite as much, but it's out there in some supply too.

Mario titles have always seemed to stay relatively uncommon in my hunting.

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:23:52 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

Raises hand.

No question.  I was surprised with Smash bros. , fully expecting not to see any for a long time coupled with sky high prices because, it's smash, over paid some, but got that one out of the way a few weeks ago.

I'm expecting Majora's Mask to actually be easy, hoping like other Zelda's they magically blast out and are then everywhere after a while.  Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were really hard to get for a bit, then suddenly *poof*.  Same thing for Ocarina of Time for 3DS.  Link Between Worlds, not quite as much, but it's out there in some supply too.

Mario titles have always seemed to stay relatively uncommon in my hunting.

I noticed Style Savvy with a good rear label seems to be difficult to come by. It was one of the older titles that was not part of the China flood. It also seems the China flood has slowed down and no new titles have come up.

Apr 5, 2015 at 8:55:09 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
I don't think I will go for a full 3DS NFR set but I will definetly buy the ones I like. Maybe in the future if I notice that I have a large portion of the set I can go for every cart.
Right now I'm happy that I got the Smash Bros and Link Between Worlds NFR carts for prices that I found amazing. There are a few other carts that I would like to have in my collection but I will wait until I find them for a good price.

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:18:22 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Galdius

I don't think I will go for a full 3DS NFR set but I will definetly buy the ones I like. Maybe in the future if I notice that I have a large portion of the set I can go for every cart.
Right now I'm happy that I got the Smash Bros and Link Between Worlds NFR carts for prices that I found amazing. There are a few other carts that I would like to have in my collection but I will wait until I find them for a good price.
The China flood made owning a full 3DS NFR set very affordable. MM NFR is one that has not finished out it's time in kiosks yet so it is very scarce. Would be interested to hear if any one else has a copy in their collection yet?

May 12, 2015 at 4:39:26 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Updated

May 13, 2015 at 8:07:35 AM
Dangoo87 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
England
Originally posted by: N64 Gamer

Very nice!
I'm afraid that the next generation handheld will not have NFRs similar to what they did with the Wii U.

What did they do with regards to Wii U NFR?

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Recently Completed: Shovel Knight

May 13, 2015 at 8:11:35 AM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: Dangoo87

Originally posted by: N64 Gamer

Very nice!

What did they do with regards to Wii U NFR?

As far as I can tell, they don't produce physical copies of Wii U NFR. It seems like the demos are just digitally distributed.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)