Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Portland Retrogaming Expo 2011 announcement

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:45:17 AM
Little Nemo (107)
(Mark D) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Agreed 100% with Eric. I fly under the radar here at NA, but this expo was awesome. Big thanks to everyone who helped organize/coordinate/volunteer/etc/etc. I know a lot goes into this, and it's not overlooked. I'll admit it was cool meeting Robin and Thor too... But that's the NWC/Tetris dork in me. The collector me picked up some great holes on my collection at GREAT prices.

Thanks once again to all involved. I'm a 5+ year collector, and a first time Seattle and Portland expo attendee... and you can believe I'll be back again... Hopefully able to contribute on a more "productive" level.

Which brings a question - How can folks like myself help out next year at future events? Would love to contribute however I can!

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:56:29 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Little_Nemo

Which brings a question - How can folks like myself help out next year at future events? Would love to contribute however I can!

Wow awesome attitude Mark!   

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:31:01 AM
coolpapachiv (8)
(Thomas Chivers) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon

you could start by bringing all kinds of great deals for guys like myself to pick up   I'm an under the radar guy here at NA myself and I really enjoyed the show as well. I could only make it their Saturday though unfortunately. I would have liked to see the NWC contest.

I think one thing I would like to see differently is more coverage of the ongoing tourneys.  I was interested in watching the SFII tourney but unless I was standing behind the people playing I had no idea what was happening. Maybe I wasnt paying enough attention, but  a moniter or two with live shots, or a board with standings would be great.  I was more involved in digging through all of the 'stuff' than watching the tourneys but I still wanted to know. Just a thought. 

Otherwise, a very fun event that i will attend next year!

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:43:13 AM
coolpapachiv (8)
(Thomas Chivers) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon

I did forget to mention I picked up the worlds greatest baseball game for $1!! What a steal how can I go wrong with the worlds greatest  baseball game?

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:26:27 PM
swlovinist (104)
(John Hancock) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: Pat the NES Punk

^^^ John, great meeting you and doing the collector panel together.

always a pleasure .  It was a good panel.  I am still recovering from the show...

I want to take heed to what I said in the panel with you Pat, and really focus my attention on some games in my collection and the Cowlitz Gamers for Kids show that I will be helping to organize this next year.    I expect 2012 to be a year for me to recharge, and to slightly relax...

Stay Tuned for announcement about the smaller game show around December 2011.  I plan to have details about it by January and am shooting for late April 2012.  

Follow me on YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/swlo...

Edited: 10/01/2011 at 07:19 PM by swlovinist

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:42:14 PM
TheOne (22)
(Dr Nintendo) < El Ripper >
Oregon
I had a great time. Really glad I went. Picked up about 50 NES Loose box needs. 5 Boxed NES Needs. Picked up #13/42 of the 'specual PRGE NWC Cart'. Had a really great stuff, Robin and Thor were really really good sports about signing all my junk I had.

Props:
I WON A Wii !
Also, x2 Shirts, and x2 6-1 Plug in and Play console/games
Slops:
In NWC Goomba decided not to kill me Huge mess up on my part and wasn't ready for that mess up. Should have won the tourney...

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:09:31 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Better late than never... here's about half of what I picked up. I also picked up some paper stuff, posters, signs, mags, and ColecoVision games (a ton of them, thank again Rick!)

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:34:49 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Nice Dain, I see a 3 Ninjas box

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:56:09 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Nice pickups Dain!

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:08:33 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
funny story about that 3 ninjas box - i found it at gametrader on their shelve for 9.99. I told the store owner, a member here now, to sell that shit online and find the manual. apparently he couldn't find the manual. looks like dain got it for a deal though

btw, those colecovision games i sent were in AMAZING condition Dain - you should post those up as well

eBay listings here

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:55:05 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I heard some dude was selling those NA bead art beer coasters for $15 a pop...I hope the seller realizes the NA logo has a copy write on it and has to pay you a royalty.
Also hope you didn't pay for yours!!! Heard he was selling stickers too???

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:15:03 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I wish I could have made it out this year... but the good news is next year I should be able to make it, and have more spending money than ever.

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:15:19 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: qixmaster

btw, those colecovision games i sent were in AMAZING condition Dain - you should post those up as well

I really should... those were is AWESOME shape, and Rick mentioned something about them being his original copies. I'm not 100% sure if that meant he's getting out of ColecoVision or if he found sealed copies somewhere, but either way, I was stoked to get them especially for the price he gave me.

Originally posted by: Benihana

I heard some dude was selling those NA bead art beer coasters for $15 a pop...I hope the seller realizes the NA logo has a copy write on it and has to pay you a royalty.

Haha, apparently we didn't wake up early enough to fool you! Thanks again for the NA coaster  

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:27:08 PM
Pat the NES Punk (23)
(Patrick Contri) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: qixmaster

funny story about that 3 ninjas box - i found it at gametrader on their shelve for 9.99. I told the store owner, a member here now, to sell that shit online and find the manual. apparently he couldn't find the manual. looks like dain got it for a deal though

Yes, I saw the 3 Ninjas game/box with Dain and was contemplating it, but Dain's going for a full complete set. He gets priority. I already have the game loose anyway. : p

--------------------------------
twitter: patthenespunk
facebook - Pat the NES Punk

thepunkeffect.com

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:48:13 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: qixmaster

I really should... those were is AWESOME shape, and Rick mentioned something about them being his original copies. I'm not 100% sure if that meant he's getting out of ColecoVision or if he found sealed copies somewhere, but either way, I was stoked to get them especially for the price he gave me.

Originally posted by: Benihana

Haha, apparently we didn't wake up early enough to fool you! Thanks again for the NA coaster  

Dain, they were probably his original copies he bought in 80s.  Rick bought anything and everything when it came out  - so yeah, probably original.

eBay listings here

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:38:03 PM
recycledgamer (1)
(Chuck Gamer) < Little Mac >
Oregon
Did you attend the Portland Retro Gaming Expo? If you haven't already, please take a moment to complete our attendee survey. Your feedback matters and will help us make the show even better next year.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HX...

Thanks!

Chuck