Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Local Dealer gets 5-Screw Stadium Events with manual! (Still under fire)

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:57:13 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Everything about the seller's behavior leads me to believe it was a scam.

He claimed to have lost his job yet creates a 3 day auction against all advince and doesn't care about maximizing the sale? Then he deletes account with 104 feedback on it for "no apparent reason"?

Edited: 12/13/2013 at 10:11 PM by pegboy

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:08:21 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
I doubt there is a way to tell, which is why I put it under "fishy" instead of "obvious scam". Maybe he just scammed ebay on the final value fees. Certainly not the only fishy part tho...

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:34:08 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Changed to "Still under fire".

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:36:36 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
^thx!

-------------------------
Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:28:14 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Given the nature of this item, and the fact the board is most likely real, assuming the case is fake how much would just the PCB be worth? onder:

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:34:45 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: JD

Ive bought stuff in the past from buyers that dissapeared from Ebay because Ebay closed the account.

I am guessing a seven grand scam is probably enough for Ebay to close the account immediately?

Is there a way to tell if it was voluntary or not?
Besides the obvious reason of being a scammer another common reason eBay closes accounts is nonpayment of fees. High dollar item, empty paypal and a long ago closed bank account = ban until you pay your past fees. 

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:00:25 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: buyatari2

Ive bought stuff in the past from buyers that dissapeared from Ebay because Ebay closed the account.

I am guessing a seven grand scam is probably enough for Ebay to close the account immediately?

Besides the obvious reason of being a scammer another common reason eBay closes accounts is nonpayment of fees. High dollar item, empty paypal and a long ago closed bank account = ban until you pay your past fees. 

I thought the fees are deducted from the total automatically.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:02:43 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

I thought the fees are deducted from the total automatically.

No, you get invoiced monthly or you can choose to pay right away.
think like an auto payment on your cell phone bill, or you can do a 1 time payment whenever you want too.

Paypal fees are automatically deducted though.

Edited: 12/14/2013 at 08:03 AM by Everharm

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:20:44 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
I could just ask him, but whatever I report back with will be misconstrued, so I'm not going to bother.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:08:03 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California

Does it happen that quickly now?  A few years ago I was helping someone close their account and eBay refused until the fees were paid.  Disputed fees are why they were closing it, so it never happened.  The account is still open today with ~$30 owed.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:56:12 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Does it happen that quickly now?  A few years ago I was helping someone close their account and eBay refused until the fees were paid.  Disputed fees are why they were closing it, so it never happened.  The account is still open today with ~$30 owed.

Whatever you owe from Ebay fees, is automatically deducted, I believe 7 days after the invoice is calculated if you don't pay it your self. So I don't know how someone can have an open account and owe 30 dollars month after month. Ebay has access to your Paypal, which usually has access to your bank account, and can pull the money themselves.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:09:37 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: pegboy

Everything about the seller's behavior leads me to believe it was a scam.

He claimed to have lost his job yet creates a 3 day auction against all advince and doesn't care about maximizing the sale? Then he deletes account with 104 feedback on it for "no apparent reason"?

Yup, the seller's behavior was inconsistent and shady.

I would guess that Ebay runs IP checks regularly, or has a program do it for them. It's possible the IP, or some other internet footprint, has been associated with past scamming, and they shut it down.

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:45:39 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Ebay fees are not deducted from Paypal unless you set it up that way. Even if it is set up that way all you have to do is remove the money from Paypal before eBay collects it. If your bank account is not current (they only check when you use it) then they can't access money from a long closed bank account. 

Edited: 12/14/2013 at 04:46 PM by buyatari2

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:16:49 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
^This. Its not rocket science. Isn't there a limit that eBay stops collecting fees at? Like a couple hundred. I can't imagine a couple hundred bucks being enough to close a successful account over.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:21:01 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

^This. Its not rocket science. Isn't there a limit that eBay stops collecting fees at? Like a couple hundred. I can't imagine a couple hundred bucks being enough to close a successful account over.

I thought the maximum fee for any item (except Ebay Motors dales) was only 50 dollars.

EDIT: Maximum is 250.
Source: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/sell/fees.html

Edited: 12/15/2013 at 12:22 PM by Schiggidyd

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:40:52 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Schiggidyd

I thought the maximum fee for any item (except Ebay Motors dales) was only 50 dollars.

Ther is no max fee. You could auction off Planet Jupiter to the Galactic Empire if you wanted and the transaction fee would likely be higher than Earth's entire Gross Domestic Product. They call it "fee-Bay" for a reason!

Edited: 12/15/2013 at 10:41 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:19:25 AM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

Originally posted by: Schiggidyd

Ther is no max fee. You could auction off Planet Jupiter to the Galactic Empire if you wanted and the transaction fee would likely be higher than Earth's entire Gross Domestic Product. They call it "fee-Bay" for a reason!

I posted my source! They can lie about those?! O_o

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:25:14 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
I think he was just joking, and you are right, $250 is the max fee.