NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Decent score this weekend...

Nov 25, 2006 at 6:22:42 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
My GF and I went to Morgantown, West Virginia over Thanksgiving, and by a serious stroke of luck, I made a nice score in the wild. Ironically, the place we went had moved since last time I was there, and we very accidentally found it's new location while searching a video store for old games -- it was on the same corner as the video store, but without a sign up yet.

I picked up 27 CIB games (see pic) for $37! There's a Gumshoe, Wrecking Crew, Mario Bros., and serveral other black box games, etc.

This is the best score I've personally ever had in the wild

-Dain

EDIT: As I was posting this, my cats took an immediate interest in the games, so I thought I'd post some pics of them as well

Edited: 11/25/2006 at 06:35 PM by Dain

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:05:24 PM
Gamefreak (1)
(Clint Shelton) < Crack Trooper >
California
Looks like your cats know a good deal when they see one. Congrats on the great find!

-------------------------
up up, down down, left right left right, B A, Start

Everything in the universe revolves around this code.

Nov 25, 2006 at 9:05:47 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Damn dude...lucky bastard!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Nov 25, 2006 at 9:20:14 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Dain=bastard

Great score man, I would pay those kinda prices all day every day. Nice job!!!

I just got a Dynacom 6 in 1 (same as Caltron) for 32 bucks on ebay, I am pretty stoked about that too. Plus I also just won 9 more Gamecube Demo Discs that I have recently been collecting for some reason. I only need like 10 more to have them all now, YAY!!!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 25, 2006 at 9:39:24 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Gamecube demos are gonna be like NES test carts in 10 years...I'd also snag those BK games for Xbox if I were you

I got nothing today, but I did send off my Trolls proto to Hakan...getting his near CIB Action 52 (needs the pink sheet), his sealed Shockwave, and a loose Raid 2020. Pretty good for a game I got for free

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Nov 26, 2006 at 12:57:38 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
How far are you from Morgantown I was there Saturday working the football game. Im guessing you made a stop at vintage video. Thats where I scored a lot of close to 400 boxed games a while back. Also got my quadrun from there.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:32:30 PM
KennyB (14)
(No Go ogle result) < Eggplant Wizard >
Belgium
Originally posted by: wrldstrman

Thats where I scored a lot of close to 400 boxed games a while back

Did that set you back much ?

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:07:39 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina

How far are you from Morgantown I was there Saturday working the football game. Im guessing you made a stop at vintage video. Thats where I scored a lot of close to 400 boxed games a while back. Also got my quadrun from there.

It was in Saberton, and I don't think the video store was called Vintage Video, but I could be wrong. The place I went to is called The Game Exchange, and they used to be in the Mountaineer Mall. They've still got some decent loose carts for cheap as well (like $4.99 Bubble Bobble, etc).

-Dain

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:35:13 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: Dain

It was in Saberton, and I don't think the video store was called Vintage Video, but I could be wrong. The place I went to is called The Game Exchange, and they used to be in the Mountaineer Mall. They've still got some decent loose carts for cheap as well (like $4.99 Bubble Bobble, etc).

oh ok game exchange know them well he has a stroe in fairmont also...vintage video is on high street in morgantown. you live within driving distance of morgantown

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 27, 2006 at 9:55:23 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
sweet

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!