Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wonder Northwest - Portland, OR - May 14-15, 2011

May 8, 2011 at 4:50:41 PM
recycledgamer (1)
(Chuck Gamer) < Little Mac >
Oregon
If you are looking for something fun next weekend (May 14-15) in Portland, OR, check out Wonder Northwest which is billed as a "Comics and Pop Culture Expo".

It's not my event, but I'll have a booth there (RecycledGamer) as well as Gerald (Specialty Gamer) and Toby (Y-Bot). It's their first show and I expect it to be a good one. It's at the Portland Crowne Plaza where we held the last two Portland Retro Gaming Expos - it's a nice venue.

Here's their description of the event:
"Wonder Northwest is an amalgamation of pop-culture subcultures. Here you will find regular folks co-mingling with super heroes, pirates, geeks, nerds, cosplayers, film enthusiasts, gamers and other nice people! Our vendor room will feature comic books, toys, video games and more from some of the best dealers from across the country. Contests, panels and other special events will be open for all attendees to enjoy. Conveniently located in the heart of Portland with easy access to PDX (Portland International Airport), public transportation, nearby restaurants and other attractions."

More info on their web site:
http://wondernorthwest.com/...

I'll have one of the largest booths there - all retro video games. I'll have a Vectrex for sale as well as a few of my custom Vectrex repro lightpens and modded controllers. Mention you saw this post on Nintendo Age and I'll kick you a special forum discount on your purchases.

Chuck - aka RecycledGamer

-------------------------

May 8, 2011 at 5:51:31 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Damn...I got stuck working next weekend. That sounds like a fun day tripper to Portland. Take some pics so we can see all the cool stuff!!

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

May 10, 2011 at 1:34:08 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Chuck, let me know if you need any help with anything - loading/unloading.

eBay listings here

May 10, 2011 at 12:57:48 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Damn I'm in Boise that weekend or I'd check it out.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 11, 2011 at 11:26:04 PM
recycledgamer (1)
(Chuck Gamer) < Little Mac >
Oregon
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Chuck, let me know if you need any help with anything - loading/unloading.

I'll be setting up on Friday night after 7 PM. If you feel like helping I'll buy you a beer. ;-)

Chuck